Pro Wrestling schools in/around London

epicwrestling

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pro Wrestling school in/around London,England.

I've heard and read about a few, most notably - VPW and FWA (FWA school site isn't finished being made, So info on that school is needed)

If You know of any other notable schools, please list them.

Thanks peeps.

There is a new one just opened in Richmond, above Richmond train station in the last month or 2. Combat Academy I think it is called. It says MMA/boxing/wrestling. Will try and find out some more info if it helps? Is my train stop to head home so no major detour. Considered trying some boxing, more to vent aggression then anything.

Just found this. Looks like the 'wrestling' is tied in with MMA...

http://www.richmondmartialarts.co.uk/

There's the London School of Lucha Libre in Bethnal Green

So you want to become a Luchador???

Welcome to the UK's only dedicated Lucha Libre Wrestling School right in the heart of London.

Resistance Gallery, 265 Poyser Street, Bethnal Green. E29RF.

Every Tuesday eve at 7.30pm. Beginners/Intermediate:

Tilbury, Essex is not London though is it.

Good school though, with a proven record.

Greg "Baxter" Burridge

Marty Scurll

Wade Barrett

As well as many many others from the UK scene. It's not that far from London by car, straight down the A13.

If you aren't willing to travel to a school. What chance have you got when you are expected to get yourself to Newcastle for a show?

I agree, but at the same time, why travel half way over the country every week if there is a good school in the vicinity? The fella hasn't said that he wouldn't travel if needs be.

• Paid Members
If you aren't willing to travel to a school. What chance have you got when you are expected to get yourself to Newcastle for a show?

There's always an attitude that if you go to a wrestling school you have to be serious about being a wrestler. I've not sure if I've always agreed with this. Personally I would like to go to wrestling training because I think it would be fun and be a good way to get in top shape but I have no interesting in performing in front of a live crowd. I just think I would enjoy it, that I would enjoy the physical training side of things and doing it with people who love wrestling as much as I do. However I'm sure if I told this to people in the British wrestling industry they would probably say me going to training would be a waste of my time and theirs. Why is this? People play in football, basketball, rugby, tennis, volleyball teams but they don't want to become professionals. People go to drama/dance classes for weeks and never perform in a single theatre production.

What's wrong with going to wrestling school as a hobby?

Archived