New York Pass

Slapnut

I'm off to New York in a few days and I've been looking at that New York Pass thing that offers loads of discounts and stuff.

Has anyone ever got one? Is it worth it? Are there any hidden charges or anything they don't mention on their website?

Also, if it's a bit crap, are there any alternatives?

I'm off to New York in a few days and I've been looking at that New York Pass thing that offers loads of discounts and stuff.

Has anyone ever got one? Is it worth it? Are there any hidden charges or anything they don't mention on their website?

Also, if it's a bit crap, are there any alternatives?

Depends how long you're there for and how many things you want to do. I used it when I went last year and got my money's worth. It also means you can fast-track some queues, which saves you a shedload of time. There are no hidden charges, but you do have to pick it up from Times Square if you don't want to have it posted to you. But having said that, you'll be going there as soon as you can anyway.

Same here, I got my money's worth out of it but only because I used it over a whole week. I went a bit over the top with the planning when I went, and went through the list of places that accepted it as payment (it's on the New York Pass website) to see where I was going to save money. Then I went to the individual websites for all the places that I planned to go to, and added up the cost of each one to see how much I'd pay if I didn't have the pass. Give that a go if you've got enough time before you leave, then you'll find out whether it's going to be worth it or not.

There's another one called (I think) City Pass which includes slightly different attractions to the New York Pass.

If its like the pass I had in vegas (I think they did an NYC Version) then yes it is worth it 100%.

I think the total I would have spent was about 50 Dollars more at least by doing by hand and quite frankly some of the stuff I went to would have been missed if I hadnt had the pass and regretebly so.

The disadvantage I found was my drive to have spent more than I have purchased the pass for was that it meant ploughing around the city often more than I normally would have when trying to relax making me tired at night. Also it is hard to do everything as it takes so much longer than you expect to get places unless you fork out for cabs a lot.

New York I expect will be easier and therefore a much better buy

Archived