ICW: Fear & Loathing 4 - Taped for TV

MarkDallas

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The battle rap between Grange and The Wee Man is excellent. William Grange's was a highlight of the whole show on the night. The Wee Man's wasn't bad, but it pales in comparison. Speaking of that actually, the rematch between STI and The Bucky Boys wasn't quite as good as their match at the Classic Grand, but that match was amazing. This one was merely a really fun sprint.

Right, full thoughts going into this one...

ICW Championship vs. ICW Ownership

James Scott © vs. BT Gunn

The second big match in ICW has been over a year in the making. It doesn't have the same excitement that surrounded the eight man street fight, but there's a LOT of excitement around it. As well there should be. People have been waiting for James Scott to drop the title for a long time now. BT Gunn is the natural successor to the current champion, but who's to say that this means anything? This is the big show with the big blowoff, but I can't be the only one thinking that James Scott has a chance here, can I? If ever there was a chance to make a monster heel champ, this is it. The Gold Label in disarray, ICW firing on all cylinders and then James Scott manages to come out on top? The match should be amazing. Real proper amazing. They're going to have a LOT to live up to considering the fued that has come before it and the other matches on the card.

Prediction: James Scott to keep the title.

ICW Zero G Championship

Lionheart © vs. Noam Dar

It was a shame to see Noam Dar lose his gold considering the brilliant run he was having as a champion. He looked dominant and damn near unstoppable as the champion, and Lionheart needed the help of the Label to win, albeit on one leg. This time it's different. Lionheart looks like a changed man in ICW, not sure about the Label, while he's also going to have two working legs. Noam Dar is going to be even more ruthless than usual. I can tell Lionheart telling the Label that he can do it on his own and then losing the match. Their last match was very good and that was with one of them being on one leg. It's definately up in the air just how good a rematch can be.

Prediction: Noam Dar to take his title back.

ICW Deathmatch

Kay Lee Ray vs. Carmel

This one has definately gotten people talking, and I don't envy them. People are going to expect madness, regardless of who's in the match because of the stipulation. You only have to look back to Adam Shame ( we'll get to him later ) vs. Jack Jester to see what it is that they have to live up to. You wouldn't wish that on anyone. They have had good matches in different promotions, so we know that they can do THAT much. I'd imagine it'll be that way when things eventually escalate and you know that they will. When you think of the ICW Deathmatch you think of barbed wire and thumbtacks. It's basically a given. We've already seen one of those things in the fued, so you can imagine we'll get the other. I think we're going to be in for a massive surprise here, and we're going to see something very special out of this one. As for the winner, Kay Lee Ray is on the warpath. Carmel is in deep shit.

Prediction: Kay Lee Ray.

Match 5

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild

The winner of this match must SURELY be in line for the next title shot. The matches have been exceptional, which one not quite hitting that standard. That one, rather disgracefully I might add, was merely brilliant. Shame on them. All of the matches have been quite fairly fought to a degree, although Liam does take the odd cheap shot on the way. Another one of them ones where you don't envy the guys in the match, because this is the match which should really be topping the rest, but can they? I'm going to be bold and say no, they can't. Especially the Nevermind the Baws match, which they'd have to come close to a classic to match. They MIGHT have that in them mind you. Prediction? Completely unsure on that one. Andy Wild coming back from 2-0 down to win makes sense, but so does the pound for pound best in Scotland winning. I'll go for the latter in the hope that we see Liam main event.

Prediction: Liam Thomson.

Elimination Match

STI vs. Sean South and Rob Cage vs. Mark Andrews and Johnny Starr vs. The Bucky Boys

This is going to be absolutely mental. It's another chapter in the ongoing Bucky Boys/STI saga, and it's also got other wee things in there like Starr and Cage going at it again. I'm more excited about the debut of Mark Andrews in this match though. He's capable of some great stuff and he's got an equally agile partner in Starr, so look for them to be the standout team in there. Unfortunately, I can see them going out first, as there's factors in there. I can see Rob Cage and Sean South actually reaching the end of the match with The Bucky Boys before finally falling to our new ICW heroes. Whatever the result, this is going to be a great spotfest.

Prediction: The Bucky Boys

Operation RedWolf ( Wolfgang and Red Lightning ) vs. Chris Renfrew and Kid Fite

This one has a massive shadow looming over it now, and that shadow is Adam Shame who swears he will see Renfrew at ICW and will be buying a ticket. Chris Renfrew, being awesome, doesn't seem to give a shit. This won't help matters though and Adam Shame will be looking to beat some respect into Renfrew. Initially I wasn't excited about this match. I normally would be, but the card surrounding it has grabbed my attention that wee bit more. It's sure as hell got my attention now. Wolfgang and Kid Fite had a fun match last time out and that should lead to some interesting interaction and Renfrew has had wars with both men so this should be no different. It's going to be an outside factor that takes it for the Gold Label in this one.

Prediction: Operation RedWolf

Jack Jester vs. Mikey Whiplash

Speaking of awesome, Whiplash in ICW? Can't say fairer than that, can you? He comes up against a man who is loved among the ICW faithful though. If ever there's a "Welcome to ICW" message, this is it. Of course, Whiplash can hold his own against pretty much anyone, so Jester is in for a hell of a match here. It's amazing that this match looks like filler among everything else, doesn't it? That's testament to the card put together rather than a slight on the match itself. I cannot see past Jester for a win here.

Prediction: Jack Jester

Erm...

... seems to be missing something. Christopher being the most notable. Without him, there's no James Kennedy to throw mountains of abuse at. Naw fair. Of course, with surprises being talked about, I have no doubt that he's going to be among them surprises. And of course Adam Shame, who isn't just pissed at Renfrew. He's pissed at Dallas and the fans too ( heh ). I liked when Logan Storm was doing the crazy guy coming through the crowd, but Adam Shame works I guess. I don't think I'm missing anyone else. See, I don't like Shamer, but I'd STILL quite like to see him maul Christopher.

The One Wrestling Show is on tonight at 11pm till 1am on Pulse FM 98.4 in the Glasgow area and everywhere else it can be listened to online at www.pulseonair.co.uk

Hosted by Pulse FM's Chris Duke, The Wee Man(manager of the Bucky Boys in ICW), comedian Billy Kirkwood(also ICW's new M.C) and ICW Wrestler Chris Renfrew. TNA fan party tickets up for grabs and this week's guest will be ROH's Kevin Kelly.

Give it a listen last weeks was a good laugh, the line about Dennis Stamp in his pants doing a Sin Cara style entrance had me in stiches :)

Archived