The 50th WWE Champion Milestone

xear

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Summerslam news is allowed I'd just like to point out that Alberto Del Rio is now the 43rd wrestler to win the WWE Title. At thiis stage they'll maybe reach the 50th WWE Champion at some point over the next 1-3 years.

They really need another long reign like Cena's first one. The championship has lost so much prestige since then.

Aw I don't know, I actually feel they've done a great job this year with the belt.

- Cena challenges the Rock to Mania, and states the only way this match will really matter is IF it's for the WWE title.

- Cena then goes on to successfully defend the belt against the Miz and R Truth in dominating fashion.

- CM Punk manages to win the WWE title in a great storyline which sold the idea that losing the WWE title meant DEATH for the WWE. Punk goes on to use the title as leverage to a) force his way to top of the card and b) get McMahon fired.

The only downside is that ADL has won it, which I feel could damage both ADL and the title momentum, but since winning it, Del Rio has beat Misterio

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

and Bryan

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); in convincing fashion. Hopefully Del Rio will continue to dominate before he inevitably drops the belt.

Each to their own, but I personally feel it's been a good year for the WWE title.

Archived