warrior and hogan dvd

nicholasjackson

spotted this on wrestlezone, not sure if already posted

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that highspots.com offered both Hulk Hogan and Warrior to take part in a face to face DVD featured interview.

The report states that both men were offered $100,000 each. No word yet on if either have made an official response to the offer.

• Paid Members
but I think this will be too much to resist especially considering he went to court over that breakfeast cerial ad.

Which he won because it completely stole his intellectual property to use in an advertising campaign, so its not like it was a small inoffensive thing. He had every right to take them to court.

This is probably pure publicity stunt. Hogan doesnt need the money and Warrior sells figures and belts these days. I cant see this happening in a million years. Also, it isnt worth the money. Spending $200,000 for two wrestlers for a shoot interview isnt worth it. They wouldnt have a hope in fuckery to make that back off these two. CharmCityShoots will just slap the thing on Youtube and we'll all watch it for shite all.

Anyway, they've both said their piece anyway. Warrior ranting like a mentalist for an hour and Hogan laughed it off on Bubba the Love Sponge. What more can either man say?

Thats an awful lot of cheese for the dvd. The dvd would probably sell for $15, so they'd have to flog 13,500 copies to break even on the wages alone. Factor in production costs & packaging, and it'll be closer to 15,000 copies. They'd never turn a profit unless it had the wwe marketing machine behind it.

• Paid Members

I'd say given that Hogan's never done a shoot interview he's unlikely to accept this offer. Of course I'm only assuming offers have been made ot him in the past, but I'd guess a Hogan shoot would sell pretty fucking well and to be honest, I think I'd be more interested in that than one all about him and The Warrior.

I always assumed Hogan had never done a shoot because no one could afford to pay the money he was asking for them. Does anyone know how much wrestler usually get for doing them? I can't imagine it would be more than a few grand or a percentage of the dvd sales. As noted above everyone usually watches them online for free anyway. Highspots must surely have a money mark backing them to be able to throw around these amounts and the money they paid flair and angle.

Highspots has debunked it as being bollocks.

Another example of poor/lazy internet reporting. Dave makes up story and everybody else follows. Dave got most of the stuff with our Flair suit wrong as well, never once bothered to email/call to get a story correct. The offer was $100K combined for the two of them to appear at a WrestleReunion event and it was offered nearly a month ago. Old news that has spiraled into poor journalism.

Archived