Question about promo video at MITB

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Before the PPV they aired the Punk/Cena hype video, which can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEf7y6ywS84

Where Punk says, "in anybody elses hands this is a microphone" then it flashes "Sellouts Like Dwayne".

However, during the PPV they showed the same hype video but that line was replaced with something else, though I can't remember what. Anybody hear a reason for that? Just wondering if maybe Rock didn't like it or something and asked them to change that (assuming he actually watches the programming at all.)

It's either going to due to time constraints or to not take the heat away from the Cena/Rock rivalry and replacing it with a Punk/Rock (see what I did there) rivalry.

Could be wrong, dunno.

• Paid Members
However, during the PPV they showed the same hype video but that line was replaced with something else, though I can't remember what. Anybody hear a reason for that? Just wondering if maybe Rock didn't like it or something and asked them to change that (assuming he actually watches the programming at all.)

Maybe it was just an error. Seems an odd time to put "Sell Outs Like Dwayne". You thought they'd have put that at the start of the video when he was talking about sell outs, not when he was talking about the microphone having power. Or it might be subliminal messages to get us to hate the Rock. Subliminal messaging isnt out of the question at all with WWE. I also had an urge to join the navy as well after watching it.

• Paid Members
Maybe it was just an error. Seems an odd time to put "Sell Outs Like Dwayne". You thought they'd have put that at the start of the video when he was talking about sell outs, not when he was talking about the microphone having power. Or it might be subliminal messages to get us to hate the Rock. Subliminal messaging isnt out of the question at all with WWE. I also had an urge to join the navy as well after watching it.

Yeah and it came at a point where the flashes of letters had stopped.

Archived