NEWS @ 10 - Peterlee Leisure Centre, 23/9/11

fye

***Updated 21/8/11***

The North East Wrestling Society present their tenth show as they return to their spiritual home of Peterlee Leisure Centre.

Matches confirmed so far (subject to change):

NEWS British Championship

30 minute Iron Man match

Martin Kirby vs. El Ligero ©

NEWS Tag Team Championship

Handicap match (due to Max Heat's injury)

The Dead Reckoning vs. AJ Anderson ©

Tag Team Division

Full Pack vs. Dragon Ryders

Also scheduled to appear:

Carbon

Julian Werther Chambers

'The Tyneside Titan' Lowthian

and much more

website - www.newrestling.co.uk

facebook - www.facebook.com/newrestli​ng

youtube - www.youtube.com/newrestlin​gsociety

twitter - www.twitter.com/news_wrest​ling

Tickets are now on sale at the venue or calling 07508013332 or via email: admin@newrestling.co.uk or via PM.

Standard seating prices:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Loving the name of the show, but you're missing a trick by not having a champ called "NEWS of the World".

And you could have a faction of heels, nWo style, called "Bad NEWS", and when they eventually faction, you'll have one wearing blue and black, called "Bad NEWS Original", and one in brown, called "Bad NEWS Brown".

I never even bothered taking my coat off.

• Paid Members
Loving the name of the show, but you're missing a trick by not having a champ called "NEWS of the World".

And you could have a faction of heels, nWo style, called "Bad NEWS", and when they eventually faction, you'll have one wearing blue and black, called "Bad NEWS Original", and one in brown, called "Bad NEWS Brown".

I never even bothered taking my coat off.

NEWS of the world - love it !

Hoping for Ligero vs Kirby for the title.

we are finalising out plans regarding Ligero defending the NEWS British Championship this week, Kirby is certainly in with a shout of a rematch but nothing is guaranteed yet

in the meantime, 'The Tyneside Titan' Lowthian has been making his mouth go in response to criticism from fans relating to his recent attack on Iceman.

Lowthian addresses Iceman

edited the post above with the match graphic to remove the apparent copyright infringement that I wasnt aware of, I didnt realise the lad who designed the graphic had used the actual logo for News At Ten as I never watch it. The show is branded with the @ sign and number to avoid getting into trouble and be more of a pun of sorts rather than an infringement.

Thanks to khemical for pointing this out - not to me of course, he had the courtesy to make ITV aware :rolleyes: ya know, rather than contacting me on here or via facebook of which either was really easy for him to do. Hopefully removing the pics now means no damage has been done before anybody gets in touch, just glad I noticed his tweet to ITV

edited the post above with the match graphic to remove the apparent copyright infringement that I wasnt aware of, I didnt realise the lad who designed the graphic had used the actual logo for News At Ten as I never watch it. The show is branded with the @ sign and number to avoid getting into trouble and be more of a pun of sorts rather than an infringement.

Thanks to khemical for pointing this out - not to me of course, he had the courtesy to make ITV aware :rolleyes: ya know, rather than contacting me on here or via facebook of which either was really easy for him to do. Hopefully removing the pics now means no damage has been done before anybody gets in touch, just glad I noticed his tweet to ITV

What was his point for doing that? Honestly the mind boggles, I'm sure ITV would of been so damaged by such a thing.

• Paid Members
What was his point for doing that? Honestly the mind boggles, I'm sure ITV would of been so damaged by such a thing.

In all fairness, here's a link to the offending tweet. It's not like I said, "Hey, ITV! NEWS is using News at 10 idents! Copyright infringement, get 'em!

In all fairness, here's a link to the offending tweet. It's not like I said, "Hey, ITV! NEWS is using News at 10 idents! Copyright infringement, get 'em!

Well those exact words weren't used but it seemed to have a similar point by tweeting it to them. Don't get me wrong, I am responsible for the cock up as I didn't realise, just glad my former ref re-tweeted it or I wouldn't have realised at all

• Paid Members
Well those exact words weren't used but it seemed to have a similar point by tweeting it to them. Don't get me wrong, I am responsible for the cock up as I didn't realise, just glad my former ref re-tweeted it or I wouldn't have realised at all

No. But by the same token I didn't link you two on the sly, which is what you were insinuating with your post.

I explained that you made ITV aware rather than pointing out the oversight to me. I didn't intend to insinuate anything, I intended to point out the facts. It was easy for you to point it out to me on here or via facebook where I am easily reached. As I don't follow you I wouldn't be aware of your tweet without a re-tweet.

In fairness to you, you have advised me of things in the past, that's why I was baffled and annoyed that you didn't on this occasion. Once again, I realise the buck stops with me, it just seems like the most likely outcome of what you did is for someone to contact me regarding copyright infringement, whether that was your direct intention or not. Granted, it appears I have done that, albeit unwittingly.

• Paid Members
I explained that you made ITV aware rather than pointing out the oversight to me. I didn't intend to insinuate anything, I intended to point out the facts. It was easy for you to point it out to me on here or via facebook where I am easily reached. As I don't follow you I wouldn't be aware of your tweet without a re-tweet.

In fairness to you, you have advised me of things in the past, that's why I was baffled and annoyed that you didn't on this occasion. Once again, I realise the buck stops with me, it just seems like the most likely outcome of what you did is for someone to contact me regarding copyright infringement, whether that was your direct intention or not. Granted, it appears I have done that, albeit unwittingly.

It wasn't that at all, it was just an observation touched on in a off-hand tweet. If I had wanted to make ITV aware I would have included your username or the company's name in the tweet as well, or contacted ITV directly.

Sorry if you feel I was going out of my way to try and make trouble, that wasn't my intention at all. It literally was commentary on life.

As it was tweeted to them rather than simply about them it prompted me to be unhappy about it. ny checking on their part wouldnt take long to conclude who you were referring to, they are investigative journalists after all

if i overreacted i apologise, hopefully you can appreciate why i see it the way i do, even if my interpretation is incorrect

Archived