1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

I for one do feel sorry for Maurice. The guy was duped like most paying customers were (and a lot of the wrestlers were duped into thinking change was being implemented) by Danny and alas he is suffering the consequences of going into business with Rodd.

I have spoken to Maurice today and he is devastated with how this is gone down but based on what he told me the shit is going to truly hit the fan for Danny. I can't elaborate much further but from a legal standpoint Danny is going to feel the full letter of the law.

I for one welcome it based on what I've been told today.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I have spoken to Maurice today and he is devastated with how this is gone down but based on what he told me the shit is going to truly hit the fan for Danny. I can't elaborate much further but from a legal standpoint Danny is going to feel the full letter of the law.

I'm glad to hear it.

I also wonder what Lionheart's take on this is since he thought I was worse than the devil for not wanting to give Danny the benefit of the doubt and wait a week for payment because, "He'll pay you. Honest!"

For the amount of money being mentioned, I'm sure it will be more than the full force of the law

That may well be the case and I'm sure there are people who are more than prepared to use alternative measures to get what is owed. If people choose to take thAt path then more power to them. All I know is Maurice has spoken to solicitors and will also be contacting the police to let them know exactly what has been going on.

From a while ago......sounds familiar...

Source: http://wrestlehustle.com/news.php?extend.1094.1

Wrestle Hustle Got Screwed By 1PW & Danny Rodd

Wrestle Hustle got in contact with Danny Rodd who is one of the promoters for One Pro Wrestling in the UK on Facebook. We came to a agreement that the Wrestle Hustle logo would be featured on the upcoming 4th Anniversary show posters and ring canvas, NOEN OF THIS HAPPENED. I also asked for 3 promo video

PLUS BREAKING NEWS! (I am deadly serieus)

1PW owner clowning backstage, showing how you no-sell a table bump (what a f'n stupid mark):

http://youtu.be/cm5kF57Vp_0

http://youtu.be/OKwmUA-RoIA (multi-angle, awesome, FTW!!!!!1111)

Oh yeah here he is also singing a classic song:

http://youtu.be/AhQRPmsB9Wk

To top it off (because he is so f'n cool):

http://youtu.be/oaKcDf7LaJc

My point is: Sorry, but if you really thought making businessdeals with "Britains nr.1 promoter" was a smart thing, you might need to take a look in the mirror. This guy is an absolute, immature, unprofessional, attention whore. I just found these vids by just typing his name in Google, you could've too....

• Paid Members

Anybody, regardless of whether they are a fan, promoter, merchandise seller, venue owner or business partner who gave anybody connected to 1PW their money, congratulations. You are dumb.

You will never learn. You don't deserve to learn. How long ago was it that people were chasing Rodd for money, only to be totally ignored because he'd gone on an extremely expensive holiday to New Zealand? Not even 12 months ago. He was bungee jumping with your money. Do any of you wonder why he rips you off? Because he can. Because you will give him your money.

There is a guy who I work with who is just the same as Rodd. I wouldn't buy an apple from the cunt and I consider him a friend. Some people cannot be trusted. Rodd is one of them.

He shouldn't be allowed to promote a lemonade stand in his front garden, but he'll keep doing it. No 'council' that is proposed will stop him being a crim and anyone hoping to legally retrieve their money, good luck, but do you even know who you paid?

The only way, the only way, to stop this happening again (and again and again and again) is to not give any money to Rodd or 1PW. Don't bother trying to stop him from promoting by going legal, starve him out of it. 0 pre sales = nobody getting hurt.

I always read 1PW threads, because they invariabely bring the LOLZ. From the minute this was announced, it had Titanic written all over it. Why? Because they always do. You've got good people here in the UK to trust and to give money to. Some of them will even put on a good show in exchange for your money. This guy just isn't one of them.

I realise that this doesn't help you retrieve your money, but it will help you from spunking it up the wall next time.

Next time 1PW advertise a great show, featuring a main event of Vader vs Andre The Giant, give it a miss. Save your money. Go to whatever Sloan is promoting. Bet he could promote a hell of a lemonade stand in his front garden.

Anybody, regardless of whether they are a fan, promoter, merchandise seller, venue owner or business partner who gave anybody connected to 1PW their money, congratulations. You are dumb.

You will never learn. You don't deserve to learn. How long ago was it that people were chasing Rodd for money, only to be totally ignored because he'd gone on an extremely expensive holiday to New Zealand? Not even 12 months ago. He was bungee jumping with your money. Do any of you wonder why he rips you off? Because he can. Because you will give him your money.

Or they are innocent victims who were unaware of 1PW's dreadful reputation prior to ordering tickets. Not everyone has been to previous 1PW shows and not everyone has been reading these message boards for the last few years. When Shawn Michaels himself initially announces his appearances at these shows it's understandable that fans believe the show is legit.

First i heard of 1PW's dreadful reputation was talking to people at the NOAH shows earlier this year after I had already bought tickets (at that moment if i could of got my money back i would have). I don' look at these forums much and didn't look at them at all until a few months ago, so i didn't appreciate that 1PW were so dodgy and I imagine many others looking for refunds are the same.

Anyone who knew the full extent of 1PW's track record probably knows not to trust them, so I'd say anyone who paid for tickets isn't dumb, but an unfortunate victim who didn't realise the dangers of giving them money.

I'd certainly say that anyone who planned on going who knew the risks is certainly stupid and I have no sympathy for them as they are the ones that allow things like this to happen.

However, like you say, it's pretty easy to assume that some people won't have known anything, and with a name like Shawn Michaels, that IS going to attract some new faces and therefore is going to attract those who know nothing of what 1PW have done in the past.

• Paid Members
Anyone who knew the full extent of 1PW's track record probably knows not to trust them, so I'd say anyone who paid for tickets isn't dumb, but an unfortunate victim who didn't realise the dangers of giving them money.

If you didn't know, then yes, you are unfortunate. However, I think there are plenty of ways of getting some background information on a company before handing over money.

Sorry if you didn't like the dumb comment, but even on this forum there are several examples that you can't trust 1PW. That's before facebook, magazines, other websites etc.

• Paid Members

Facebook? With it's militaristic moderating of negative posts?

Plenty of customers are casuals, who have probably had no previous experience of a UK wrestling promotion, other than perhaps All Star. And surely a company that is getting Shawn Michaels in is of a decent standard?

For those that did the "well, I'll give him one more chance" approach, yeah, they should have known better.

Archived