demolition appreciation thread

nicholasjackson

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved them, especially Ax. I definitely preferred them to the Road Warriors or Powers of Pain, although i was a bit mad for LOD too as a kid.

I loved the way their style and offense perfectly fitted the gimmick. The look (to a kid, leather + studs = a couple of hard bastards, ok), the promos, the music, the contrasting characters, the decapitator, being just as good whether playing goodie or baddie. Their 'other' heel finisher of the hotshot into a clothesline from the ring apron was always one of my favourite double teams too. It always looked like death.

Anyone remember fatboy Blast?

Loved them, especially Ax. I definitely preferred them to the Road Warriors or Powers of Pain, although i was a bit mad for LOD too as a kid.

I loved the way their style and offense perfectly fitted the gimmick. The look (to a kid, leather + studs = a couple of hard bastards, ok), the promos, the music, the contrasting characters, the decapitator, being just as good whether playing goodie or baddie. Their 'other' heel finisher of the hotshot into a clothesline from the ring apron was always one of my favourite double teams too. It always looked like death.

Anyone remember fatboy Blast?

vince's lawyers did

also before crush there was a guy called B.A but i dont think he made it onto tv

It's be a bit of a coincedence if they gave another wrestler the name BA and then replaced him with a wrestler with the initials BA.

According to History of WWE, "B.A." only wrestled 3 matches before Crush joined Demolition. I'm fairly sure they were just coming up with a proper name for him before he debuted on TV.

It's be a bit of a coincedence if they gave another wrestler the name BA and then replaced him with a wrestler with the initials BA.

According to History of WWE, "B.A." only wrestled 3 matches before Crush joined Demolition. I'm fairly sure they were just coming up with a proper name for him before he debuted on TV.

crush wasnt that bad its just he was no ax and also within 6 months of him joining demolition became JTTS

The match vs the Harts at SummerSlam '90 is one of my favourites ever.

2 great teams for me this match was the end of the wwf tag team golden era from 85-90, next couple of years had some good teams, money inc,steiners , quebecers etc but not the depth they previously had when they had rougeaus,power and glory,young stallions,killer bees etc as decent teams who could have good to great matches with the top guns

It was an era where the tag titles meant a lot; there were so many great teams; when teams like Power and Glory and the Powers of Pain can't get the belts, you know the talent pool is deep.

The era where they were thrown onto two singles wrestlers and used as a feud enhancer for the two was the beginning of the end.

I blame Shawn Michaels. Just 'cos he never officially got his hands on them with the rockers. ;)

• Paid Members
crush wasnt that bad its just he was no ax and also within 6 months of him joining demolition became JTTS

I think it had a bit more to do with them signing the Roadies. As soon as Hawk and Animal were on their way in, Demolition were destined to put them over on course to LOD becoming the tag team franchise, whether it had been Ax & Smash, or Smash & Crush.

I always liked Demolition's interviews, I always found Smash hilarious, the way he'd make faces at the camera while Ax was talking. Crush was a far weaker talker.

Agreed. Smash was an excellent reacter. Dawsow was pretty versatile playing hardcase Smash and cowardly sneak Repo Man. Having recently seen all the original Repo Man vignettes, I think he probably deserves some appreciation (threads).

• Paid Members
I always liked Demolition's interviews, I always found Smash hilarious, the way he'd make faces at the camera while Ax was talking. Crush was a far weaker talker.

Crush was weaker everywhere compared to Ax. He was in impressive sight being a big guy, but he wasn't as clean as Ax was in his offence and it kind of took the 'Demoltion' feel out of it for me. Darso seemed to fade away too after so long. The 3 way switching they were doing at first was pretty cool but when Ax was removed it went stale.

Smash back in the day was great. I loved how he'd hit a big move or clean house as a face and do that 'crazy ninja pose' stuff, swinigng his arms like a wild man.

tag team wrestling had changed around wrestlemania harts,demolition gone, nasties and lod taking over wasnt bad but all hard work power and glory and rockers put into their fued was never rewarded, rumour was power and glory wouldve got belts but roma wouldnt shag patterson even though herc egged him on, you knew they were onto something when people started giving a shit about paul romeo roma(power plex was great as well) there has been a power and glory appreciation thread

Archived