UKFF Short Stories

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I know we have some budding writers, some actual writers and (half the population of the world) some 'wouldn't it be cool to be a writer?' types on here, so I was thinking...why don't we have a contest?

This is not a sign up thread. More a here are the rules as I would suggest them to be, any suggestions? And to see the level of interest...

The stories would be 1000-3000 words long and based on a subject matter determined by a vote on a list of ten subjects (chosen by me). You would have a week to write these up (though, of course, there would be some leverage because of work/women/fucked up days).

I was thinking of, first go round, 10 participants, first come first serve. The stories would be posted on here, and the winner voted for by you lot.

[nigellaw]Thoughts?[/nigellaw]

• Paid Members

Yeah, originally I was going to say 1k but it seemed a little short. That's the point of this thread, really, to set up da rules and go from there. Besides I am so BRIMMING WITH IDEAS I could write a 3000 word story in my sleep. Hence, why I am so close to publication.

I meant death.

• Paid Members

(Skim reads rules)

MY ENTRY

In 1975 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded. I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat with a tall good-looking man with collar-length hair ; it was the 70s! Buckaroo! When I sat down on the chair I looked up and realized it was none other than Peter Purves - it was at the height of his Blue Peter fame! He said "you jammy bastard!" And quick as a flash, I replied "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

Now, FUCK OFF.

I could write 1000 words of TNA fanfiction. Christy Hemme's shower is broken in her trailer, so she pops over to Miss Tessmacher's to use hers...

Archived