Lucha Britannia

wmxxx

Im off to Glastonbury this week and Lucha britannia are putting a show on the Thursday night. I'm really tempted to go and watch but not sure if anybody else in our group will be interested. Has anybody watched a live show and if so how did you rate it? Would people who aren't generally wrestling fans be able to enjoy it?

Im off to Glastonbury this week and Lucha britannia are putting a show on the Thursday night. I'm really tempted to go and watch but not sure if anybody else in our group will be interested. Has anybody watched a live show and if so how did you rate it? Would people who aren't generally wrestling fans be able to enjoy it?

I'd not noticed they where at Glastonbury, if I can talk the Mrs into letting us go then I might check it out. Have no idea if they are any good though.

If your expecting to see a wrestling show then I wouldnt bother as its 75% far from that, at least it was for the download festivals they were there.

The matches are short sweet and mostly comedy based, mixed in with a lot of what I would call "extreme burlesque" from people grinding plates close to there nuts to the obligatory curvy burlesque dancers. As a show it was very entertaining for everyone, just not wrestling really

• Paid Members

There's two groups in play here though.

Lucha Future are the ones who've run lots of shows in Camden and are doing other venues now. They are proper Mexican guys doing a Mexican style show.

Lucha Britannia is more of a cabaret show themed on Lucha. When they've done festivals before, some of the reviews have been pretty negative, saying its bad wrestling along with burlesque, women singing about rape, and a guy hammering a nail through his cock.

Some of the burlesque stuff at Download wasn't horrendously bad. The girl with the hula-hoop of fire was actually really good (and I wish I knew the song she used, cos it was cool). The wrestling and the presentation of all of it was like your worst Fear And Loathing on ADHD nightmare though. I mean just horrendously awful...and I've seen some pretty damn bad "Britwres" in my time.

Couldn't disagree with Kenny more. I went to one of their shows in Bethnal Green a couple of months ago and I had a great time. Don't expect five-star classic matches, but it's great fun for a mostly non-wrestling audience with a bit of burlesque and cabaret thrown in.

I was entertained, and seeing as the purpose of the shows is to entertain people, I'd say they'd done their jobs. Ignore the dour Scot.... ;)

I have heard mixed things about them.

However I think they are trying something similar to the FWA in attempting to appeal to a different market (in this case more a of carnival enviroment rather than the mainstream one the FWA is aiming for), which might be the reason for the mixed reviews (too carnival for the wrestling purists, too much wrestling for the carnie market)

Isn't Greg Burridge the schools head trainer?

If I am in the area, I might take a look

We are not everyones cup of tea, but anyone who has been to our monthly Underground shows, will tell you we are alot of fun. Sometimes we are extreme, often we are over the top, but you really have to check us out for yourselves.

We use some of the best in British wrestling (in clever disguises of course!!!) and we will always put on an entertaining, if slightly adult themed show.

check us out sometime, you might like it!

Archived