UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Lazio 0 - 1 Wolfsburg (Helmes)

Thats for beating Barca! ;) ....although I did forget to change my side from the cup game. :)

What a battle. LAzio utilised their pace as Wolfsburg utilised their lack of. WOlfsburg completely played to their one strength; soak up the pressure and rely on the big defenders to play their part and then take the chance when it comes on the break. It could've been 1-0 a little earlier though when Diego was hacked from behind with an open goal in front of him. The defender on this occassion only seeing Yellow.....It must've been Howard Webb! From the penalty the big hulking form that is Grafite missed the chance to extend his lead at the top of the scorers chart. Luckily bang on half time Helmes broke through the defence and calmly poked the ball home.

Second half saw Wolfsburg try to play a little but Lazios pace was always a threat and so the need for discipline at all times was paramount. Shame nobody told SImon Kjaer who was sent off for a professional foul in the 83rd minute. Luckily Wolfsburg had just about done enough. I was fortunate that too many times Lazio relied on the cross into the box but their 5'4 attackers were no match for my 6'5 centre backs....close game all in all and quite possibly the first time a game between TUFC and myself has gone the full 90!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazio 4 -1 Spartak

Lazio came out victorious in a game that was closer than the scoreline suggested. Zarate opened the scoring in the 5th minute after choosing to play on after an injury to Floccari, he drilled a low shot in to the back of the net. Spartak went on the attack after the kick off and had two close chances, including a header which Muslera palmed onto the post. Hernanes made it two to Lazio in the 26th minute when he headed home a Floccari cross, and the Italian side effectively killed off the game five minutes later when Floccari put the ball into an open net after good work by Zarate. Spartak still tried to fight back though and McGeady came close to scoring but Muslera made a great double save to deny him a goal. 3-0 down at half time was harsh on Spartak, especially as Lazio scored with their only three shots on target. They kept fighting though and got a deserved consolation goal in the 57th minute after Alex bamboozled the Lazio defence with some great skill and cooly slotted home. Lazio killed off any hope of a comeback in the 79th minute after determined work by Zarate lead to his second of the game. Overall harsh on El Nicko Loco but perhaps revenge from last season.

Lazio goals: Zarate (5', 79'), Hernanes (26'), Floccari (31')

Spartak goal: Alex (57')

Lazio 0 - 1 Wolfsburg

I failed to do the double over Stunstone in a tight game which I should perhaps have got something from. Lazio started the brighter and forced Benaglio to make a decent stop from a header early on. Wolfsburg soaked up some pressure and in one of their counters Ledesma slid in and brought down a Wolfsburg player in the box and somehow escaped with only a yellow. Grafite stepped up to take the spot kick but it was a poor penalty and Muslera guessed right and saved it (to be fair I actually pressed to dive the other way so lucked out on that one). Wolfsburg scored their goal on a counter in the 45th minute when Helmes broke through the defence and put the ball past Muslera. It was tight at half-time though and Lazio perhaps edged the second. Lazio had a couple decent chances to equalise, particularly from a Hernanes effort. Kjaer was shown a straight red for Wolfsburg after sliding in on the halfway line. Overall Lazio outshot Wolfsburg but good defending in the centre of defence throughout the match limited clear cut chances and often forced Lazio to attack from the flanks.

Wolfsburg goal: Helmes (45')

Highlights:

Benaglio makes a good save early on.

Muslera saves Grafite's penalty.

Helmes scores on the break.

• Paid Members
Week 7 Game came early...

Spartak Moscow 0-5 PSG Nene 28' Hoarau 31' 63' Gameiro 43' Menez 60'

Scoreline was very flattering, Hoarau missed a penalty for the chance of a hat trick

Good game. Once again my inability to keep hold of the ball and a lack of goalscoring presence up front cost me dearly. Thing is, I had a good feeling before the first goal as I had a couple of good chances, I thought if I can hold you off like I did in our season opener, I might just be able to squeeze something out of it. Alas, it wasn't to be.

Come back Inter, all is forgiven!

Werder Bremen 5 vs Sporting CP 1

W.B. - C. Piazzao x 3, T. Frings 1, M. Arnautovic 1

Sporting - S Vukcevic 1

An early goal at the 4th minute mark made all the difference and Sporting opened up which allowed Werder to go ahead. An amazing free kick was scored by Piazzo.

Sporting made a late comeback with a goal in the 83rd minute but Werder got in again and added a 5th.

Apparently the game was super laggy for Sporting, dunno if that was my connection, apologies if so.

He hasn't been on to answer my friend request.

He hasn't played either of his games from the week he was supposed to play me...

Haven't received a reply to my pm either, though he hasn't been on here since then. If I don't hear anything soon we'll have to replace him, and extremebc got back to me and said he'd be without the internet until the 10th but would be able to play from then.

By my reckoning these are the games that still need to be played. Remember that the four games from week four in Division 2 must be played by the end of tonight or they'll be decided upon due to the three week rule (I'm guessing it's unlikely that Blackburn will show up in time though).

Divsion 1

Besiktas v Spartak

Schalke v PSG

Sunderland v Bordeaux

Newcastle v Spartak

Week 5 remainders:

Schalke v Newcastle

Spartak v Schalke

Division Two

Athletic Bilbao v CSKA

Palermo v Fiorentina

Blackburn v CSKA

Genoa v Fiorentina

Week 5 remainders:

Bolton v Sporting

Fulham v Fiorentina

Genoa v CSKA

Werder Bremen v Blackburn

Blackburn v Athletic Bilbao

Fiorentina v Bolton

Week 4 remainders (last day for these):

Bolton v CSKA

Palermo v Blackburn

Blackburn v Genoa

CSKA v Palermo

By my reckoning these are the games that still need to be played. Remember that the four games from week four in Division 2 must be played by the end of tonight or they'll be decided upon due to the three week rule (I'm guessing it's unlikely that Blackburn will show up

Week 5 remainders:

Bolton v Sporting

Fiorentina v Bolton

Week 4 remainders (last day for these):

Bolton v CSKA

CSKA v Palermo

has cska been taken over? I'm Bolton and happy to play games tonight, just pm me and I will go on

Archived