Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

Ron, I already said I didn't want to vote for you, but your roleclaim has changed that.

It is not because I am scum and want to get rid of you, but it is as Bristep has already beaten me to saying, I can't work out a game set up which would be balanced and fair enough for players of this size to allow another killer role on top of the daykill and scums normal night kill.

You could have claimed another role and I may have believed you, but With deadline approaching, you have become my main suspect.

As I would like to give Ron a little more time to discuss things, as well as awaiting a vote count so I don't quick lynch him, he gets my finger constantly poking him in his face.

Fos: Ron

I can only claim the role I've been given. It's verifiable I guess, as nights go on you can all decide who I go for. Chris Stone, my role's multiple use I assume. My role PM just says I'm a vigilante, and that I can use the power when I wish. It doesn't say I can only use it once or that I have to use it every night.

Here's the thing about the 'day kill'. If it's serial killer, then it's not one shot. That means 3 kills per day if Ron's truthing. If it's an unrestricted dayvig then same thing applies. If it's a shot restricted day vig, then I'd expect Ron's to mirror it (maybe be even as opposed to odd or something).

There are a lot of red flags on the field. Enough to make me think it's a lie.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ron, I already said I didn't want to vote for you, but your roleclaim has changed that.

It is not because I am scum and want to get rid of you, but it is as Bristep has already beaten me to saying, I can't work out a game set up which would be balanced and fair enough for players of this size to allow another killer role on top of the daykill and scums normal night kill.

You could have claimed another role and I may have believed you, but With deadline approaching, you have become my main suspect.

As I would like to give Ron a little more time to discuss things, as well as awaiting a vote count so I don't quick lynch him, he gets my finger constantly poking him in his face.

Fos: Ron

I can only claim the role I've been given. It's verifiable I guess, as nights go on you can all decide who I go for. Chris Stone, my role's multiple use I assume. My role PM just says I'm a vigilante, and that I can use the power when I wish. It doesn't say I can only use it once or that I have to use it every night.

I can prove it though. Should I survive the night I can use my power to kill who the town want next phase. Hell, I could even do it tonight if you're feeling strongly enough about it.

Here's the thing about the 'day kill'. If it's serial killer, then it's not one shot. That means 3 kills per day if Ron's truthing. If it's an unrestricted dayvig then same thing applies. If it's a shot restricted day vig, then I'd expect Ron's to mirror it (maybe be even as opposed to odd or something).

There are a lot of red flags on the field. Enough to make me think it's a lie.

I know that we've moved on somewhat from Ron's "Carbomb wouldn't choose me to be scum TWICE in a row!" statement, but this is in the rules posted at game start.

Mechanics:

- Players were assigned their roles at random, using 1 suit of playing cards, Ace to King, shuffled and drawn from the top.

Fair enough. You seem eager to have me lynched and I do feel your actions are very 'bull in a china shop' if you're town. I'm guessing you're scum, you know I'm town and assume my claim is correct. It'd be a big boost for the scum on day one to have both the watcher AND a vigilante die on the first day.

IF we're wrong, and it is only an IF and I reckon a smaller if than anyone else right now, then we were wrong. What do we do if we don't lynch you? Move to McBride, have him claim, move on to the next person, have them claim, move onto the next person, have them claim, until the whole game has claimed? We have a choice. Believe you or not. I choose not. If nobody wants to lynch you today, then an alternative better get found before 3.45am or we end up not lynching anyone.

And what about the alternative? If you hadn't reacted to the Teedy post the way you did, then you and probably most others would be lynching McBride on the same sort of 'bull in a china shop' 'stupid' reasons you claim we're all tunnelling and stitching you up over.

Just noticed Mikes count, so with Ron at 5 votes, I will vote for him but don't want the lynch till he has one last response at least.

If he is still alive when I wake up in the morning, if his response does not do anything to change my mind I will vote for him, but if he offers a good enough response I will vote Kenny.

SMS, just to make you aware, unless you wake up before 3.45am in the morning then the deadline will be passed and you will not be changing any votes.

Here's where i find myself:

Ron's over defensiveness and play has struck me as scummy, he does have a good case built against him (one which i was instrumental in making) and he is the best lynch target we have - however, if this were day 2, i think it's fair to say that non of us would go only with this to have him killed.

We have a situation where he has claimed and his claim doesn't make all that much sense, a night vig.. when we already seem to have an SK and a scum group to deal with seems like too much killing power and I think most believe that 3 killing powers is unlikely in a game of this size.

Bristep subscribes to that and i can't fault him for that, I can't even fault him for disliking the other scenario i placed as it does change things up quite a lot and i'm not sure if it's been done before.

What i do want to ask is this:

Bristep - If Ron is a Town Vig, where does that leave us? What are we looking for? If that's the case, is my scenario at all suddenly possible in your eyes?

• Paid Members
Ron's over defensiveness and play has struck me as scummy, he does have a good case built against him (one which i was instrumental in making) and he is the best lynch target we have - however, if this were day 2, i think it's fair to say that non of us would go only with this to have him killed.

We have a situation where he has claimed and his claim doesn't make all that much sense, a night vig.. when we already seem to have an SK and a scum group to deal with seems like too much killing power and I think most believe that 3 killing powers is unlikely in a game of this size.

Couldn't the scum have a day kill and the town have a night kill? Bristep pretty much dismissed the idea of scum being able to kill during the day, but couldn't Brownie be the scum kill, and I'm the town alternative? Maybe it's only two kills?

This is the point i've tried to make and i feel it could be possible especially with the weakish investigative role that brownie had... the fact that Bristep has dismissed it completely is something i want to keep an eye on as i feel it to be a possibility that COULD happen... then again, I'm just trying to take the crown for crazy conspiracy theories away from Seph, so do take what i say with a pinch of salt... <.<

Here's where i find myself:

Bristep subscribes to that and i can't fault him for that, I can't even fault him for disliking the other scenario i placed as it does change things up quite a lot and i'm not sure if it's been done before.

What i do want to ask is this:

Bristep - If Ron is a Town Vig, where does that leave us? What are we looking for? If that's the case, is my scenario at all suddenly possible in your eyes?

I still don't think that the scum would be setup to make their kill during the day, but I can't say that for 100% sure because a) I didn't make the game and b) I'm not in a position to know for a fact. Although this isn't the mafia scum site, Mike reviews setups before the games start and I don't think he'd have been in favour of such a radically different setup without cluing people in first.

With a scum daykill then there's no point having a watcher (other than to help catch the SK) because no scum kills would be trackable.

If I had to put a number on it, I'd say I'm 99% certain that the mafia team don't make their kill during the day, 1% left because I don't and can't know 100%.

IF Ron turns out to be then town night vig, then I would assume the daykill to be SK or another vig. I still wouldn't go with the theory that mafia are making the day kill.

• Paid Members
then again, I'm just trying to take the crown for crazy conspiracy theories away from Seph, so do take what i say with a pinch of salt... <.<

That crown is firmly planted on the conspicuously missing Seph's napper Chris don't you worry, in honesty, I find what you've said to have some sort of sense here. I just can't get round the fact that Ron has, and you have Ron, acted the scummiest of all players.

If he flips town I will freely admit my play in D1 has been 100% SIDI play.

SEPH?! WHERE ARE YOU?

• Paid Members
IF Ron turns out to be then town night vig, then I would assume the daykill to be SK or another vig. I still wouldn't go with the theory that mafia are making the day kill.

But in that vein Bri, you seem certain that so many killing powers would be an unbalanced game, is that not what your case on Ron swings on most?

• Paid Members
then again, I'm just trying to take the crown for crazy conspiracy theories away from Seph, so do take what i say with a pinch of salt... <.<

That crown is firmly planted on the conspicuously missing Seph's napper Chris don't you worry, in honesty, I find what you've said to have some sort of sense here. I just can't get round the fact that Ron has, and you have Ron, acted the scummiest of all players.

SEPH?! WHERE ARE YOU?

I've not been able to access the site on anything but a phone, so that's left me unable to post much more than unsubstantial theories, with no quotes to back them up - it's difficult to build cases with no computer access I'm afraid. Next week I'll have more time so you'll see something more constructive.

That's fair enough and of course there's scope for me to be wrong. The thing i don't like about my theory is just the amount of WIFOM we'd have faced from it.. Still though if Ron flips town vig and he was telling the truth about not killing Brownie the game was pretty kill heavy in its setup. Which on first glance doesn't seem balanced either, so either theory has its holes if we're using 'Mike reviewed this game!'.

Anyway regardless of whether you're telling the truth at this point Ron, I don't see a switch of bandwagon happening, it's time you make any cases you can, post any further thoughts you have.

I'm concerned about the lack of defense ron has received, at least direct defense... either the scum decided very early on that this was a wasted cause or they just allowed it to happen for shits and giggles... It seems all of the defense in what ever way for Ron has come quite late, decidedly late in fact when the chance of stopping the lynch was low... Where are his scum buddies? Seph made his post, and Kenny seems to be defending Ron too... but both were quite late in the game and i believe both have been around. It makes me hesitant to think of Ron as Scum - which leaves an SK we don't even know for 100% exists.

• Paid Members

SEPH?! WHERE ARE YOU?

I've just taken a shit the size of a baby seal, and in with the corn there's a little piece of paper that says "Teedy Kay". So that means you are Scum.

Must try harder, Chris.

Archived