2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

But if you actually read your links the 'potential stabbings' appear to be fabricated - yes, there was trouble - which is bad, of course - but stabbings? If that had happened it'd have at least made the Scottish press, but it hasn't. The clubs would also have issued a statement. Stabbings in Scottish football are pretty much unheard of these days.

I didn't say that there definitely had been stabbings, I said it had been reported around the ground during the match. As I said, I hoped that hadn't been the case and thankfully so far it hasn't.

You just didn't seem to believe Hibs fans were capable of trouble at all.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I didn't say that there definitely had been stabbings, I said it had been reported around the ground during the match. As I said, I hoped that hadn't been the case and thankfully so far it hasn't.

You just didn't seem to believe Hibs fans were capable of trouble at all.

It's very rare - but I was specifically referring to the stabbings, that infers a level of trouble you don't really see in Scottish football.

(outwith Rangers, of course - the shame of Manchester by itself is as comprehensive an argument as you need to why the Old Firm should never be allowed to join the EPL)

It's very rare - but I was specifically referring to the stabbings, that infers a level of trouble you don't really see in Scottish football.

(outwith Rangers, of course - the shame of Manchester by itself is as comprehensive an argument as you need to why the Old Firm should never be allowed to join the EPL)

Off topic, but this does my fucking nut in.

• Paid Members
Off topic, but this does my fucking nut in.

Celtic have better fans, but ultimately they're not gonna get into the EPL without Rangers. The marketability of an EPL Old Firm derby to TV execs is really one of the selling points of a move South for the two.

Celtic have better fans, but ultimately they're not gonna get into the EPL without Rangers. The marketability of an EPL Old Firm derby to TV execs is really one of the selling points of a move South for the two.

Yeah, I was seeing what you meant. It just does my fucking nut in. :laugh:

Aye our club is full of scum bags, I forgot. God bless the Sellick - respectable manager, cracking fans.

Every supporters group has an element of fuddery about them. I've seen it first hand at both grounds, and I'm a Rangers fan.

I don't want to turn this into a tit for tat arguement about Rangers/Celtic etc as it's already been done. But, in some instances fans are as bad as each other.

How about the abuse I got at Parkhead because my uniform is blue? How about the time that I was working at parkhead, and one of the people got wind that I was a Rangers supporter and was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS A HUN DOING IN MY STADIUM, GET HIM TO FUCK", before they were eventually told to pipe down by police otherwise get chucked out?

I'm not saying that Rangers fans are wonderful shining examples of people, there are elements of our support that are disgusting. But, it goes both ways.

In other news, Neil Lennon, as long as he keeps his mouth shut, would be a decent figurehead for Celtic, but, I can't believe how many Celtic fans can't see that we dislike him because of his attitude, not cos he's a Ginger Catholic.

Aye our club is full of scum bags, I forgot. God bless the Sellick - respectable manager, cracking fans.

I don't think anyone said that. It's pretty much spot on that Rangers have a far bigger share of morons among their support when compared to Celtic. English fans more than anyone will hold this opinion, which isn't a surprise considering the actions of those who visited Manchester a few years back.

• Paid Members

Yeah totally. I see no action has been taken against the Green Brigades banner in support of dying terrorist Brendan Lillis that they had at Sundays game.

• Paid Members
Yeah totally. I see no action has been taken against the Green Brigades banner in support of dying terrorist Brendan Lillis that they had at Sundays game.

I understand Peter Lawell got onto it first thing Monday morning...

broom.jpg

Defeats the purpose of extra policing at games if they are going to stand by and ignore shite like that though.

There was a BBC journalist interviewing fans sitting around me in the RDS about the extra policing and a few of them told him they had pointed out that banner to the Police to be told "That's not your concern".

Defeats the purpose of extra policing at games if they are going to stand by and ignore shite like that though.

There was a BBC journalist interviewing fans sitting around me in the RDS about the extra policing and a few of them told him they had pointed out that banner to the Police to be told "That's not your concern".

The extra policing is an anti-sectarian measure.

You would have to ask why Aberdeen's stewards allowed the alleged banner into the ground in the first place.

• Paid Members
The extra policing is an anti-sectarian measure.

You would have to ask why Aberdeen's stewards allowed the alleged banner into the ground in the first place.

I'll give you that though the banner should never have been allowed in to the ground. The problem the stewards have is that nobody knew who the guy was, I only found out when I got home after the game and googled his name.

Surely Celtic Football Club have a responsibility to remind their fans that this sort of thing isn't acceptable.

Archived