2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

If Rangers go into any division bar the bottom one, lock the door on Scottish football and throw away the key.

I would prefer us to go into D3 because it would stop the "Sporting integrity" brigade getting all up in arms when the sporting bodies try and look at all avenues.

Lets not forget, a lot of D3 grounds won't have the infrastructure to cope with a club with a huge following. Sure, we'll lose a degree of our support, but, there will still be a core that the likes of a LOT of D3 clubs couldn't cope with.

The proposals floating about certainly seem to be taking a lot of clubs best interests into consideration.

You only have to look at the majority of forums to see that, us Rangers supporters, while we don't want to do D3, we pretty much universally feel that it's the right thing to do.

Though there is a lot of wider considerations that must be looked at.

Another thing wrong with the whole situation is that with criminal preceedings being launched with regards to the mess we're in, there's a lot more to the situation than "Rangers being bad at Taxes". The big tax case STILL isn't resolved. Yes the CVA was rejected by HMRC, but, If Whyte hadn't put us in the mess we are in, we'd maybe be in a slightly different situation.

Either way, I don't feel the fans should be penalised. The collective Rangers witchhunt and the "Sporting Integrity" party which has been started has been nothing short of saddening. There should be better support for the fans who are being penalised for wrongdoings of individuals.

Anyway, Perhaps any restructuring of the leagues will have better punishment for clubs/individuals who don't respect the referees too. I'd be open to that.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stranraer went up when Gretna disappeared what happened in the SPL/First Division. I'm not sure what will happen with the First Division to SPL, so it could still filter down. Think it would be Stranraer though.

SPL will do their own thing with regards to Dunfermline/Dundee, but SFL will decide through the same means as previously.

In 2008 Gretna left a space in the 1st, taken by play-off finalists Airdrie (lost to Clyde) and the place in the 2nd as you say by play off finalists Stranraer (lost to Arbroath)

Annan took Gretnas place in the 3rd through election.

Similarly when Livi were demoted to 3rd, their place in the 1st went to play off finalists Airdrie (lost to Ayr) and the subsequent free spot in the 2nd by play off finalists Cowdenbeath (lost to Stenhousemuir)

Conclusion- if Airdrie lose a play-off final, one club in Scotland is guaranteed to go tits up.

If Rangers go into any division bar the bottom one, lock the door on Scottish football and throw away the key.

Ramble, ramble, ramble

Cheap dig at Neil Lennon

Fuck off.

It was a tongue in cheek statement, that was meant to be taken as a joke admit a post that considered where I stood with regards to Rangers' situation. Sorry if it wasn't sarcastic enough... I was playing up to the "usual" tone of posts which seem to occur around here. Probably ill considered.

Ramble, ramble, ramble

Cheap dig at Neil Lennon

Fuck off.

It was a tongue in cheek statement, that was meant to be taken as a joke admit a post that considered where I stood with regards to Rangers' situation. Sorry if it wasn't sarcastic enough... I was playing up to the "usual" tone of posts which seem to occur around here. Probably ill considered.

Was the rest of your post meant to be sarcastic and tongue in cheek as well mate? :sly:

Lets not forget, a lot of D3 grounds won't have the infrastructure to cope with a club with a huge following. Sure, we'll lose a degree of our support, but, there will still be a core that the likes of a LOT of D3 clubs couldn't cope with.

Why? Will your supporters smash the place up? You take your allocation and deal with it. The grounds will cope.

The proposals floating about certainly seem to be taking a lot of clubs best interests into consideration.

Aye, untill you realise it's a pure "if Rangers get in" idea. If they don't, you can ram the reconstruction. Because it's all just a smokescreen for Rangers to get in. Nothing more. Thankfully, my own club have seen right through it.

Either way, I don't feel the fans should be penalised. The collective Rangers witchhunt and the "Sporting Integrity" party which has been started has been nothing short of saddening. There should be better support for the fans who are being penalised for wrongdoings of individuals.

The fans are collateral damage here I'm afraid. You can't use the fans as an excuse to let Rangers off lightly, which is essentially what you're doing.

All this "witchhunt" nonsense...if Rangers fans want their club or reincarnation to be treated like any other...well any other would have to start from scratch, with no guarantee of immediate re-entry.

You can't use the fans as an excuse to let Rangers off lightly, which is essentially what you're doing.

I'm not suggesting we get let off lightly. Infact, I'd prefer it if we went into Division 3. Means we can put to bed the whole "changing the rules to accommodate Rangers" thing. Hell, if we were in England I'd even move to go to the conference and work our way back up. It's the decent thing.

What I am suggesting though, is a some consideration of the fact the fan base of a club shouldn't be penalised for the wrong doings of individuals who have caused a mess which could have been prevented. These people are set to be in a criminal investigation for the deceitful way they've run things.

One positive out of the whole mess, is that it's bringing on the acceleration of a much needed revamp of the football infrastructure in this country. For years, fans from all divisions have appealed for restructuring to create a more attractive and competitive league, and it seems it's finally happening. The Scottish game will benefit from the proposals, but, I personally feel the SFA/SPL are going about it in completely the wrong way.

One positive out of the whole mess, is that it's bringing on the acceleration of a much needed revamp of the football infrastructure in this country.

That only comes if Rangers are in SFL1 though. The document says that if the teams "agree with us", then those reconstructions will take place.

I can only hope that the bigger picture is being seen here. I'd love to see reconstruction here, but not under these conditions, because as I say. It's just a smokescreen to get Rangers into the SFL1.

I know as a neutral I'll be much less interested in Scottish football if Rangers are denied entry. The SPL next season is going to be fucking woeful. The biggest match will Hearts - Celtic and the over all quality will have dipped tremendously with Rangers not being in the league.

• Paid Members

Came at the wrong time for Hearts. They could have been challenging for this league. Instead they have deep money troubles as well.

I wouldn't say Celtic are nailed-on certs just yet. Let's see how Hearts handle it when Rangers are denied entry to the SPL. Do they "blow their load" and spunk up money on quality? Or do they continue to be skint? Romanov has an important few weeks IMO.

ADDED: Another thing, do they still sell the "Rangers News"? Cheers!

Most of the reactions I have seen on Pie and Bovril, Kerrydale Street and RangersMedia seem to to in favour of starting again in the third division.

The timing of this makes the SFA seem either clueless or guilty of bullying tactics.

Shuggy

He can't help being influenced by what EVERY CUNT WITH ANY POWER is saying. Pat him on the head and buy him a ticket to see, I dunno, Partick Thistle or something.

Archived