Biting the bullet

Mock-The-Cross

The purpose of this thread is to find out times when you have checked out something in pro-wrestling you would not normally watch, then end up loving it. Not necessarily converted but loved it all the same.

My one is that regarding Japanese Wrestling, I am a bloodmark. I obtained Wrestle Kingdom 2010 and fucking loved it, to the extent that I am thinking of bulk buying a view previous'. Anyhu' s its your shot.

• Paid Members

I took on Puro but for some reason thought I wouldnt get it without the English commentary. I loved it.

Ten years later I still watch a fair bit, and I've tried watching it with English commentary and found it shit compared to unrefined full on Jappyness.

I remember back when I first started watching wrestling I saw a bit of ECW, just a few of the weekly shows, wasn't impressed and didn't watch much more until I got curious again just after it had closed down and just around the Invasion and bought Anarchy Rulz 1999 and November To Remember 1999 on video and then I just began collecting as many ECW DVDs that I could get from ECUK a few months later and still get any I see in Entertainment Exchange to this day. Obviously I loved One Night Stand and The Rise and Fall and I really enjoy looking back at ECW now. Sometimes I kick myself knowing that I could have been watching this and loving it back then but I just saw a few shows and thought I wouldn't really enjoy it so never gave myself a chance to get into it.

Also I used to not be so interested in watching older stuff like NWA, AWA or early WWF but now I absolutely love looking at all of the older stuff from the early 90s and the 80s.

I am also with obama 316 on the hardcore wrestling companies too, it's just the shock factor in some of them that puts me into the can't stop watching mode.

Also early British wrestling, Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki, Giant Haystacks, Rollerball etc. I thought I'd find that so boring but sometimes it has me more entertained that anything else, I even have the two World of Sport DVDs now. And on that note some of the current British wrestling companies now, I never thought I'd be that interested in the British scene having been so used to the big glitz and glamour of WWE, WWF, WCW etc. I've seen some FWA, 1PW and thought they were pretty good, but I'd say the top of them that had me glued to the TV was GPW when I bought some DVDs there, I should probably think about ordering a few more now.

Oh and some PWG and some ROH, never thought I'd be too bothered about indy wrestling either but when I've watched them I have enjoyed the shows.

• Paid Members

Ha, your post below pretty much covers 90% of wrestling. Be honest, did you just dislike wrestling ? ;)

I remember back when I first started watching wrestling I saw a bit of ECW, just a few of the weekly shows, wasn't impressed and didn't watch much more until I got curious again just after it had closed down and just around the Invasion and bought Anarchy Rulz 1999 and November To Remember 1999 on video and then I just began collecting as many ECW DVDs that I could get from ECUK a few months later and still get any I see in Entertainment Exchange to this day. Obviously I loved One Night Stand and The Rise and Fall and I really enjoy looking back at ECW now. Sometimes I kick myself knowing that I could have been watching this and loving it back then but I just saw a few shows and thought I wouldn't really enjoy it so never gave myself a chance to get into it.

Also I used to not be so interested in watching older stuff like NWA, AWA or early WWF but now I absolutely love looking at all of the older stuff from the early 90s and the 80s.

I am also with obama 316 on the hardcore wrestling companies too, it's just the shock factor in some of them that puts me into the can't stop watching mode.

Also early British wrestling, Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki, Giant Haystacks, Rollerball etc. I thought I'd find that so boring but sometimes it has me more entertained that anything else, I even have the two World of Sport DVDs now. And on that note some of the current British wrestling companies now, I never thought I'd be that interested in the British scene having been so used to the big glitz and glamour of WWE, WWF, WCW etc. I've seen some FWA, 1PW and thought they were pretty good, but I'd say the top of them that had me glued to the TV was GPW when I bought some DVDs there, I should probably think about ordering a few more now.

Oh and some PWG and some ROH, never thought I'd be too bothered about indy wrestling either but when I've watched them I have enjoyed the shows.

AAA and CMLL. At first i found Lucha a bit sloppy (which it often is). But these days i watch whenever possible. And L.A Park is money :-)

Archived