UK Rampage 1991

The Reverend

I can't think of UK Rampage without thinking of that brilliant opening to the WWF videos of that time.

"So if it's body slams, side suplexes and arm drags you're looking for..." Something like that. I can't remember it word-for-word.

If it's bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that you're after, increase your library of WWF videos with some of these spectacular annual WWF events.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I can't think of UK Rampage without thinking of that brilliant opening to the WWF videos of that time.

"So if it's body slams, side suplexes and arm drags you're looking for..." Something like that. I can't remember it word-for-word.

If it's bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that you're after, increase your library of WWF videos with some of these spectacular annual WWF events.

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Yeah, i used to love that intro too. It's only a few of my tapes that have it though as i got most of mine from the end of VHS sale and they were made later and had the attitude intro with Taker, Austin, Mankind and Sable going through the offices.

Notice they got the 'side suplex' bit wrong :)

• Paid Members
Yeah, i used to love that intro too. It's only a few of my tapes that have it though as i got most of mine from the end of VHS sale and they were made later and had the attitude intro with Taker, Austin, Mankind and Sable going through the offices

Was that the one where they say, "We never use sex to enhance our product." and then two office workers going at behind them?

Yeah, i used to love that intro too. It's only a few of my tapes that have it though as i got most of mine from the end of VHS sale and they were made later and had the attitude intro with Taker, Austin, Mankind and Sable going through the offices

Was that the one where they say, "We never use sex to enhance our product." and then two office workers going at behind them?

Yep, that's the one. Rock Talking about role models, Taker about good family fun, Foley about making the world a better place for mankind, and Austin smacking folk with chairs.

Was quite well done for the time too.

My point was that at this point Wrestling was becoming huge business over here, after having a steady climb since about 1989 when the WWF magazine started issuing an exclusive 'UK Edition' each month

Did it? The first issue of WWF magazine I ever got was in about August '91, with Bulldog on the cover, and that was full of American ads. In about '96 they used to put little UK inserts in, like the one where Gorilla Monsoon asked us to phone in if any BritWres companies were advertising Undertaker for shows. At some point they may have switched to UK advertisers as well, though I'm not sure of that. I don't recall actual exclusive UK editions of the magazine until WWE Magazine started doing a UK edition about six months ago, though.

IIRC I think it was the July 1989 issue which first started having a UK price on, and in the top right hand corner you always got a horizontal strap line with features contained in that issue, but from then until I think about feb 1990 the magazines sold in the UK used to have 'Special UK Edition' in the strapline. Other than that though they were the same.

I do remember though that in the late 90's, occasionally the UK and US editions had different covers. I have two copies for one month where the UK edition had a pic from I think - One Night Stand and the US had a picture of Owens Hart head on a plaque, surrounded by heads of Deers etc. with Stone Cold pointing at it. There were a couple more too. I'm currently re-boxing my immense Wrestling magazine collection so will look them out and try to scan them.

Archived