WWE Double Scum Mafia *GAME OVER*

Ron Simmons

Overall MVP  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teedy could be scum IC or town. Thrilling insight there Mr Stone. That applies to everyone.

Finlay, day 1 is always about getting a feel for the game for me. When the lynch comes it will be for the smallest misdemeanor or slip possible and it will have very little in the way of logic attached to it anyway.

Absolutely, why even bother trying day one eh? *face palm*

Teedy could be scum IC or town. Thrilling insight there Mr Stone. That applies to everyone.

Finlay, day 1 is always about getting a feel for the game for me. When the lynch comes it will be for the smallest misdemeanor or slip possible and it will have very little in the way of logic attached to it anyway.

It would explain his not so hands on approach to the game at least :p

• Paid Members

Being as we're beginning to close in on deadline (I remind everyone that almost without fail, people have vanished at weekends from these games, and I know I wont be any different this time as I'm stopping at my Mum's for the weekend so I can go to the WAW show in Boston on Saturday, whoo!) Now's the time to start making views known.

So that being said, everyone's top two suspects, and reasons. Go.

And yes, I'll start:

bristep123

I didn't like his fishing for help to decode Teedy's post, nor his response afterwards where he tried swinging it round to saying I was scummy for pointing out how anti-town he was being with it.

Kenny McBride.

Wasn't impressed with his attempt at rolefishing by asking seph who he thought were power roles.

bristep has pipped it recently for me thanks to his responses, but I'd be happy to see a lynch of either at the moment.

• Paid Members

Purely for the purposes of this construct, Teedy is a non-IC Scum. He knows his mates and his mates only. His band needs to know not only who the Town powers are- Vigs in particular- are but which people outside of them are on the other Scum team so they can reduce the odds of themselves getting whacked in the night. So Teedy, on his own initiative, makes a fake code to draw discussion and look for targets - not people who think they have the code, but people who know there's not a code and are going to get fired up on it. IE - again, only in this construct - Mike.

The other Scum team sees what he's done and go along with it in silence because they want the Vigs dead that much as well. Teedy's scum-buddies would be happy to let him get clipped for not being arsed to play, but see they can draw the Doctors into the mess, so assuming that the first bite isn't a Teedy-scum someone else bites too and claims innocence, arguing that it's a fake code for baiting.

So from one play Teedy's team can get at least one Doctor whacked and draw other power roles away from themselves - the Other Scum's roleblocker gets a failed action

• Paid Members

EBWOP: and the Cop can't really do anything with the play either, only his own job.

• Paid Members

Here are mine:

bristep123

I didn't like his fishing for help to decode Teedy's post, nor his response afterwards where he tried swinging it round to saying I was scummy for pointing out how anti-town he was being with it.

Kenny McBride.

Wasn't impressed with his attempt at rolefishing by asking seph who he thought were power roles.

bristep has pipped it recently for me thanks to his responses, but I'd be happy to see a lynch of either at the moment.

• Paid Members

Every lynch in the first day phase is either someone making a complete bollocks of their role and revealing it or the rest of the players jumping on the smallest mistake, and that mistake is often something that is so blown out of proportion that it results in a town lynch anyway. I really just like to get the feel of a game on the first day sorry.

• Paid Members
Purely for the purposes of this construct, Teedy is a non-IC Scum. He knows his mates and his mates only. His band needs to know not only who the Town powers are- Vigs in particular- are but which people outside of them are on the other Scum team so they can reduce the o.dds of themselves getting whacked in the night. So Teedy, on his own initiative, makes a fake code to draw discussion and look for targets - not people who think they have the code, but people who know there's not a code and are going to get fired up on it. IE - again, only in this construct - Mike.

The other Scum team sees what he's done and go along with it in silence because they want the Vigs dead that much as well. Teedy's scum-buddies would be happy to let him get clipped for not being arsed to play, but see they can draw the Doctors into the mess, so assuming that the first bite isn't a Teedy-scum someone else bites too and claims innocence, arguing that it's a fake code for baiting.

So from one play Teedy's team can get at least one Doctor whacked and draw other power roles away from themselves - the Other Scum's roleblocker gets a failed action

That post has honestly been the funniest thing I have read whilst playing ANY of these games ... superb work Seph, good to see you're continuing the 'not too serious nature' of posting.

If you honestly think anyone goes to that much effort in these games you are sorely deluded.

The only people that go to that much effort are those looking into absolute bullshit for possibles

The way the game (that's you lot) are reading my gameplay seriously highlights so many points as to what has gone wrong with Mafia Scum games on this forum.

zoso1.gif

Yup I posted it boys

Being as we're beginning to close in on deadline (I remind everyone that almost without fail, people have vanished at weekends from these games, and I know I wont be any different this time as I'm stopping at my Mum's for the weekend so I can go to the WAW show in Boston on Saturday, whoo!) Now's the time to start making views known.

So that being said, everyone's top two suspects, and reasons. Go.

And yes, I'll start:

bristep123

Kenny McBride.

Your version of events purely Mike. I say that there is no real evidence to push that I was attempting to direct the town towards a redundant theory (that the names mean something, and that Teedy was hinting at his name to breadcrumb later, it would be especially dumb for me to do since IT'S IN THE OPENING POST OF THE GAME, AND MY FIRST POSTS WHEN I REPLACED IN SHOULD INDICATE THAT I WAS WELL AWARE THAT NAMES ARE OUT IN THE OPEN IN THE GAME). I say that you decided to push the whole thing as scummy and focused on me, ignoring the fact that I wasn't the one who started the discussion ( also played it as serious discussion when it was all in fun, and that was said at the time, and to add in I actually gave some game discussion in the same post, and voted for Nicko, this is all omitted because it doesn't fit in with your theory), then had to pick choice parts out of my posts and use twisting and misrep to make your argument fit when I called you on it. You haven't said one thing yet that makes me think "Shit, that does look quite bad I can see why he might think that". All I see are fairly grasping arguments backed up with quotes that don't support the point, misrep, and a general attitude that seems to indicate that the rest of the town better agree because if not then you'll round on them too.

As for my two top suspects, it's you Mike. I suspect you so much that you take up my top 2 scum slots.

As for the rest of the game, others have done things to pique my interest such as Kenny, Nicko and Seph. At this stage though it's enough just to store it and keep an eye on them.

I get good scumreads from reactions from people when I push their button (i.e FOS or Vote). Teedy Kay aside because I was way wrong about him in the last game, I had Ron bang to rights twice in consecutive games, Swift in the WCW/NWO game before it. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I've got a good ratio right now. Your post looked suspect to me Mike, so I pushed the button. Your reaction reinforces my suspicion.

Maybe I should just stop talking and flash my boobies about, that would stop people in their tracks and no mistake.

I'm not fully convinced on Bristep being scum, if the code weren't so obvious i'd say perhaps we'd be onto something, but i'd be a hipocrite to push against him on the fact he mentioned it when I myself drew light to it FIRST. I didn't like the way he used that as a defence however, it seemed to be 'Ok you guys think my asking about it is fishy, here go look at chris stone he mentioned it too!!' Seemed a little desperate. What i would say however is that Bristep did seemingly look into it further than i did, 'I AM SCUM ROLE' was much easier to see (had a lot of letters left over too) than the name of a wrestler, especially when we've been told wrestler names have nothing to do with anything - Why would he be looking?

In regards to kenny's rolefishing - absolutely we should be watching out for this, however logically i can't wrap my head around what would posess him to ask such a thing. I certainly can't see the benefit for him or his team if he were scum and the fact that it was early enough in the game people wouldn't have any leads or at least not any solid ones leads me to believe he was hoping for future reference as opposed to finding roles now. He didn't answer my question on 'Why ask seph?' as surely the only real reason to get some views would be if the person he asked flipped scum (it might help indicate their team, either through omission or writting their names - i believe we'd have a clearer picture on which way around that would be further in the game with more interactions.)

I think both are good reasons for a Day one lynch, to say i'm convinced by either however would be a lie, i'm not.

Now on to my thoughts.

Mike, I'm a bit wary of you in this game, I've mentioned it here and there and i'll do so again, your reasons for lynching these guys as i've said seems good for Day 1, they're leads, even if not solid enough that come day 3 or 4 we'd follow them. I think you seem a little too certain on these hunches though. Throughout some of your posts you've given advice on how to play (as you usually do) which is all well and good, however it has at times seemed to me that you've offered Scum advice on general play tactics. I've perhaps been guilty of the same, at least in theory crafting what the scums moves might be at certain points (lets face it, an insight to how scum might act or play is paramount to town success.) I'm certainly not looking at you as a prime suspect but I do feel the need to keep a little eye on you at the time being.

I don't get a great feeling from seph, whilst on the opposite side of the fence on bristep to mike i'm not sure his scenario's make all that much sense, perhaps it is my misunderstanding, perhaps it's something more. I once had brownie strung up because i didn't think his theory crafting made all that much sense, it turned out to be correct and we bagged ourselves a mafia godfather. I have to be careful though, just because something doesn't sit well with me logically does not mean somebody is scum.

But i can't help feel that i slightly agree with Seph, Teedys play does seem anti-town to me, if only for the fact i believe he was baiting and the leads given from it are not all that strong. The 'I can't be assed to play' post he made not only included the code which could be interpreted several ways but also a seperate Vanilla claim, which is never a pro-town thing to claim. Perhaps an attitude such as that would make him seem less likely to be scum, it seems to excuse any 'mess around' posts he makes, but when do we start to think 'hey, there might be something to this?'. Snake was doing something similar and apparently is back to doing that again (his people being a copy/paste from mike) and the general feeling is, he's not scum - Teedy could easily be going down the same route as a scum player and we'd let things slide because of the general feeling toward Snake and the fact we can't get a proper read on Teedy because he's seemingly making that impossible to do, on purpose i must add.

Currently my vote is sat on Teedy - at this point I'm more convinced Teedy isn't town than either Bristep or Kenny, although neither of those strike me as confirmed (or close to confirmed) town at this point. I'd happily put my vote onto one of those guys for a lynch today if the general consensus is that one of them should be taken out.

I'd like to see more postings from the less active people as there are a few where reads are completely impossible.

Chris, your post was made while mine was being typed, so I didn't see you post "I AM SCUM ROLE" until afterwards. The reason why that particular wrestler name came to my mind when I looked at the list of letters was, and this is a doozy of a reason, it's the name of his character.. Go check the opening post, it's right there, picture and everything!

Also chief, I didn't say that I was responding to your post, I just pointed out to Mike that he picked me out when he FOS'ed everyone where you were the first to mention it. There's a difference between "He did it first, go after him instead" and "He did it first, so I find it odd that you chose to single me out".

I will give some of you anti-TDKers out there one thing, you're not backward at all.

Who are the anti-TDKers? Are they a new band?

Chris, your post was made while mine was being typed, so I didn't see you post "I AM SCUM ROLE" until afterwards. The reason why that particular wrestler name came to my mind when I looked at the list of letters was, and this is a doozy of a reason, it's the name of his character.. Go check the opening post, it's right there, picture and everything!

Also chief, I didn't say that I was responding to your post, I just pointed out to Mike that he picked me out when he FOS'ed everyone where you were the first to mention it. There's a difference between "He did it first, go after him instead" and "He did it first, so I find it odd that you chose to single me out".

Aha, that makes sense, to be honest with you i hadn't really read the character names much (they're pretty irrelevent!) and reading back on it your mention of me was done in the way you said.

To be honest Mike, the reasoning against Bristep doesn't really hold any water, I've said that i don't find your reasonings to be all that convincing and in my mind at least, Bristep managed to explain it pretty well - I don't see what points to him as scum here... I don't think anyone took that code all that seriously and talking about it doesn't strike me as too scummy.

Well this whole code discussion has pretty much lost me but still, I do not get any kind of scum vibes from Bristep and Kenny at the moment, but Mike and TDK are starting to look like they could be candidates, I'm less sure on snake now so Unvote snake, still not sure where I'm going to place my vote but it will be posted tonight. I'll have one last read through and see what i can see.

Archived