• Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Bam Bam Bigalow

Vader

Goldberg

Honky Tonk Man

Greg Valentine

This could be a long list...

Bam Bam Bigelow is a good shout (WCW, NJPW, ECW, WWF)

Vader was Big Van in WCW and NJPW

I thought it didn't matter if there was a name change?

Dillkid,

What is the title of the thread?

My bad, I posted at the same time as the thread was being changed...

Also, gonna throw Barry Horowitz, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard into the mix....

Dusty rhodes, muta, harley race, jerry the king lawler, lous thez, dory funk, the british bulldogs, davey boy smith, the rock n roll express, sting.

Most of em, it's the rule, not the exception.

Yeah but what difference does a name change or tweak really make?

Quite a lot actually.

Surely that excludes Sabu then, considering he started cutting promos in WWE. I'd saying starting to talk after about 15 years of silence is a large "tweak".

But he still had the exact same name.

I was making a point to Z-man really. If you are gonna count tweaks to gimmicks as making quite a lot of difference, then you are gonna find fault with almost anyone.

And, yes, this is a bit of a struggle to make this thread have any point.

Yeah but what difference does a name change or tweak really make?

Quite a lot actually.

Surely that excludes Sabu then, considering he started cutting promos in WWE. I'd saying starting to talk after about 15 years of silence is a large "tweak".

His gimmick I guess evolved, Dopper brought the point up originally, but he kept the same crazy man gimmick during the majority of his career pre 2006.

Dusty rhodes, muta, harley race, jerry the king lawler, lous thez, dory funk, the british bulldogs, davey boy smith, the rock n roll express, sting.

Most of em, it's the rule, not the exception.

When you say Muta do you mean The Great Muta or Keiji Mutoh?

Davey Boy wasn't the British Bulldog when he was in England and his look changed massively (effectively a new gimmick) during the 90s

Sting changed his own gimmick within one company and before that was just a Blade Runner.

Dusty and Harley kept the name but gimmicks in WWF were quite different from what they were afforded in their NWA tenures.

IMO a gimmick includes the look of the wrestler and many of these changes looks drastically.

Well Sabu did that, he ended up nothing like the bloke who came to the ring in a straight jacket, he certainly stopped being brought to the ring in a straight jacket, tazz was way different to the tazzmaniac, even flair had much smarter robes as time went on.

I think you're being a bit picky with the 'same name' as WWE like to give people new names so they can trademark it.

But same gimmick can include Awesome/Amazing/Kharma Kong (Kharma Kong would be an awesome name).

You also said no to LOD/Road Warriors but what if i just said Animal and Hawk then?

As far as tweaks though what about Undertaker? Excluding the American Badass thing his outfits have always eveolved, he's had different music and the original style he had compared to the ministry era were quite different but arguably it's been the same lightning shooting living dead gimmick from day 1

Archived