Any good wrestling podcasts?

Stealingsilver

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that annoys me about formerly creative is that on every podcast Dave Lagana says that one day some kid will run for president and something he wrote on twitter will mess up his campaign but apart from that its a decent listen

• Paid Members
Colt Cabana's 'The Art of Wrestling' is brilliant.

You can get it from iTunes or http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Well worth a listen, even the one's with guys you're not especially fond of.

This thread kinda persuaded me to give these a go - CM Punk comes across as an obnoxious prick in his interview, he really does. Colt kind of acknowledges that too, and his poor attitude towards fans, while he defends Punk. I've no doubt the constant hunt for autographs gets frustrating, but it comes with the job. If you don't have time to sign something there's no need to be an arse about it.

On the other hand, Colt Cabana himself comes across as a pretty decent guy. I think WWE could do worse than to resign the guy and try him out as a commentator. If they're looking for a "youth movement" that extends to commentary they could do worse than dump Booker T off the Smackdown team, and replace him with Cabana.

On the other hand, Colt Cabana himself comes across as a pretty decent guy. I think WWE could do worse than to resign the guy and try him out as a commentator. If they're looking for a "youth movement" that extends to commentary they could do worse than dump Booker T off the Smackdown team, and replace him with Cabana.

He did commentary for FCW while he was signed and was pretty good.

I'd recommend Live Audio Wrestling and its sister shows Review a Wai, Review Impact & Review Raw

Would second that, especially the Review a Wai & Review a Raw show's.

To give a bit more information for people that are unfamiliar, Live Audio Wrestling is a live Sunday night wrestling news and phone in show based our of Toronto that broadcasts from 11am to 1am Eastern time. The three presenters are decent, Dave Meltzer appears about an hour in for 20 minutes or so every week, they have good interviews most shows (Hulk Hogan this week) and full run down's following pay per views.

The show is probably split 80-20 wrestling to MMA.

Review A wai was originally an add on to Live Audio Wrestling, with John Pollock (who is the producer on Live Audio wrestling, the third voice on the show and definitely the most knowledgable/entertaining) along with Wai Ting who by day is a camera man on various projects with the Fight Network in Toronto. The show essentially is an informative/amusing look back at old wrestling, & very occasionally MMA, events.

The show has expanded in recent times to include more interview segments following the main review. For example last Sunday's Review a Wai was on WWE/ECW's One Night Stand 2006 and included an up to date interview with Dave Lagana (former head Smackdown and ECW head writer) and also a historic interview from Paul Heyman talking about the show and the ECW re-launch from December 2006.

Would highly recommend this podcast as is very entertaining and has spawned two further spinoffs in Review A Raw & Review an Impact (weekly reviews of each show usually available late on a Tuesday & late on a Friday respectively). All available on itunes and definitely worth a look.

I was thinking on using the Soundcloud application on my Android phone to record previews for up and coming PBW and ICW events i was taking part in. Will post a link when i do the first one.

good ones? probably, but i listen to MOS anyway lol.

its an ok show, but somtimes the hosts seems very unprepared, dont know enough about what has been happening in the business, and are obsessed with velvet skys chest.

ive listened to a few of laganas pods, but the volume is very low so i gave up.

i mainly stick to my PWI elite stuff, its always good and Dave and Stus weekly Impact post game show is awesome if you like hearing 2 men speak vulgar language about how bad TNA is, but you cant blame them.

I listen to The Pain Clinic which is okay, it's quite short at just under an hour long but I must say I wasn't overly impressed by last week's show. My favourite is definetly Dropkick Radio with Jeremy and Martin though, Jeremy is good at keeping the show together and arranging it really well and Martin is very informative, well to be fair they both are but Martin seems to know all of the latest news, even some I haven't been aware of. The show can be between 2 to 3 hours long and none of it feels as though it has been dragged out just to make it long, it really is quite packed and includes some great guests, from indy guys to the guest they had last night, Chris Jericho. Both guys are in the UK too and it is a UK based wrestling podcast. Since I began listening a few months ago I haven't missed a show and would definetly advise someone looking for a podcast to check out Dropkick Radio.

I used to listen to Dropkick Radio because my friends were on it, but lately I've decided instead to listen to it because it's a good wrestling radio show. Having chopped and changed its format several times, the current one really works and it's become genuinely enjoyable.

Mostly every podcast listed above is good to listen to. The posters in ukff know of what they speak.

The only one you'd want to avoid is the one called "Formerly Creative", run by Dave Lagana, since he makes the show all about him, for the most part, even when he's interviewing other ex-writers. His commentary makes him sound less than a wrestling authority, and more like a girl giving her stupid opinions on her Livejournal. Add to that, Lagana was allegedly fired for sexually harassing the wrestlers while he worked in the WWE:

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1001591.shtml

Colt Cabana's 'The Art of Wrestling' is brilliant.

You can get it from iTunes or http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Well worth a listen, even the one's with guys you're not especially fond of.

This thread kinda persuaded me to give these a go - CM Punk comes across as an obnoxious prick in his interview, he really does. Colt kind of acknowledges that too, and his poor attitude towards fans, while he defends Punk. I've no doubt the constant hunt for autographs gets frustrating, but it comes with the job. If you don't have time to sign something there's no need to be an arse about it.

Punk is more or less self admittedly a prick.

Why is there something so attractive about a bad boy?

I gotta co-sign the Lagana stuff. He gotta keep up the Formerly Creative podcast though because that's the best part of his whole IWantWrestling gimmick.

Colt Cabana's show is excellent, tends to be the less you know about the guest, the better the episode.

My absolute favourite podcasts are from the whole wrestling-news.com crew. Don Tony & Kevin Castle Show / Wrestling Soup and the Masked Maniac show are ESSENTIAL listening.

I've been enjoying also the Low Brow Pow Wow (shit name but funny stuff), it's the best UK-based rasslin' podcast I heard.

Archived