New WWE Games?

Merzbow

WWEgames (THQ)

Thank you for the recent naming submissions in our survey last week, the top two were "WWE Main Event" and "WWE Superstar Showdown". Expect to hear what these are for around E3, and once again, not related to our next SmackDown vs Raw. Thanks for all of the creative submissions. We would like to give a bonus thumbs sideways to "WWE:DivaSlam"..."REALLY?!" - The Miz

Looks like they were asking for names for another secondary WWE game to go next to SvR, pretty lame/generic choices if i must say so.

Not claiming this as fact so don't shoot the messenger but I was working at the gadget show in Birmingham last week with a couple of reps from Ubisoft and one of them (who is a big wwe fan) told me that THQ are doing a WWE management sim. Might have been talking crap but he didn't seem the type to be honest.

• Paid Members
Makes sense, video games must be one of their most successful markets. And if this new game is as unique and as enjoyable as All Stars, everyone's a winner.

Unique? how was it unique? It was a old gamecube wrestling game given a WWE badge not really unique is it.

• Paid Members

I want to see an game, with just legends on it. But with a career mode. I've always wanted to do a season with the Ultimate Warrior knocking about asking the General Manager for a title shot and stuff like that. I though Legends of WrestleMania was a missed opportunity.

Not claiming this as fact so don't shoot the messenger but I was working at the gadget show in Birmingham last week with a couple of reps from Ubisoft and one of them (who is a big wwe fan) told me that THQ are doing a WWE management sim. Might have been talking crap but he didn't seem the type to be honest.

Ive always thought the old GM mode had potential, it just wasnt able to be it all it could be as just another mode on a SDvsR game though..

a game witrh legends where you could fight your way through the years would be cool. Like start your career in the early 80s and fight your way through to the late 90s or something (arenas, opponents and attire could change through the eras, your own character could get involved in classic storylines along the way)? Or a mode where you just play the main events of each wrestlemania through the years (I never played the legends game, it might already have this).

A decent management sim could be awesome, like EWR but with a lot more options, maybe incorporate that create a story mode Ivbe heafrd so much about)

Chancers are it'll be a shitty quiz game and a racing gfame or sdome other nonsense.

• Paid Members
a game witrh legends where you could fight your way through the years would be cool. Like start your career in the early 80s and fight your way through to the late 90s or something (arenas, opponents and attire could change through the eras, your own character could get involved in classic storylines along the way)? Or a mode where you just play the main events of each wrestlemania through the years (I never played the legends game, it might already have this).

A decent management sim could be awesome, like EWR but with a lot more options, maybe incorporate that create a story mode Ivbe heafrd so much about)

Chancers are it'll be a shitty quiz game and a racing gfame or sdome other nonsense.

So you want http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showdown:_Legends_of_Wrestling

• Paid Members
Makes sense, video games must be one of their most successful markets. And if this new game is as unique and as enjoyable as All Stars, everyone's a winner.

Unique? how was it unique? It was a old gamecube wrestling game given a WWE badge not really unique is it.

What Gamecube game?

In terms of the over the top look, appearance and move set I'd say All Stars is pretty unique.

What Gamecube game?

In terms of the over the top look, appearance and move set I'd say All Stars is pretty unique.

I still haven't played All Stars, it looks like a lark, but people said it used similar mechanics to Ultimate Muscle on the Gamecube/PS2. Still it is unique for a wwe game I guess.

Archived