All Star show: Ferneham hall 27/03/2011

overall a decent show with just a few drawbacks:

1. there was an old woman about 60 in the front row. She obviously thought it was real, and was to be frank a nuisance. She was on the apron every 2 seconds, slapped Lady Lory when she was interfering and at times actually got in the way of the outside action. Im all or people having a good time, however i think she should have been warned, as she was actually an annoying menace. - What a bitch. Fancy going to a wrestling show and thinking its real and taking exception to the things that the bad guys do.

6. none of the matches or stars were mentioned by the MC before the first bell, meaning you had to wait for the next wrestler to come out before you knew who was there, and there was no discernible buildup to the main event (whom we didn't know featured). This meant it was hard to know when to cheer and boo and you didnt know who the guys were.

if the MC had said before it started

"we have the evil Sir Robin, and the charismatic Frankie Sloane" we'd have at least known who to look forward to and who to cheer (or at least a clue anyway) - Surely it's the job of the worker to get that response out of you. Frankie Sloane is more than capable of eliciting the desired reaction from a wrestling crowd. He does it so well you'd think he was getting paid to do it...

7. It advertised a mix of British and American stars (hence the price) and no American stars were present

While I'll accept that it is wrong to say there will be american wrestlers on the show and then it turns out theres not is bad thing, I would like to say 2 things, 1) All Star posters are usually produced welll in advance so if it gets to show day and the lineup isnt quite the same its hardly practical to go "oh damn lets redo all the advertising because its only 90% accurate."

2) I think its a bit unfair to say that the price was so high because its meant to have American wrestlers therefore it must be more expensive. Since when where British wrestlers inferior to their American counterparts? I've attended many All Star shows over the years and have often enjoyed the ones with just Brits on just as much as the ones with americans. I would argue that the price of the show should be warranted for the quality of the show as a whole not the names involved. Nevertheless thats your opinion, I just get a little annoyed when its suggested that Brit wrestlers aren't as good.

Hi guys, im far from saying it was bad due to a lack of imput. Its just when u have 3 kidd in tow who want to see a 'name' then thats the prob, esp wen they think thats wat they'll see.

As for the getting over part, if u have a lineup full of Sloane's u dont need to. If not it does need a helping hand

Sounds like a good show and a very similar show to last nite at Hanley

I would agree with most things you have said :

MMC is great a great persona however doesn't seem to work the crowd

Lord Robin was at hanley last nite and he a you say looks the part and same as Hanley they have set up a match for may however the one at Hanley in may is Mason & fury Vs lori and Robin

The one point I disagree with you is you say Josh Faulkner isn't ready yet I disagree last nite he was against Nathan Cruz yes he doesnt work the crowd but when you have a heel who can it's hard he's 16 and IMO has been chucked in at he deep end by DIXON he is ready just not against big names yet IMO he's a great size and has ability

The one point I disagree with you is you say Josh Faulkner isn't ready yet I disagree last nite he was against Nathan Cruz yes he doesnt work the crowd but when you have a heel who can it's hard he's 16 and IMO has been chucked in at he deep end by DIXON he is ready just not against big names yet IMO he's a great size and has ability

Only way Josh is going to learn is by working shows, though.

He'll improve. He's got a great bunch of guys around him to teach him the job.

Have All-Star brought over anyone that's been in WWE or TNA in the past decade? Most of their American regulars seem to be holdovers from the 80s and 90s like Barbarian and Gangrel, or younger guys that have never been on TV in the US.

Rene Dupree worked for All Star in 2008, the rest of the time they tend to use people about to go to WWE like Tyson Kidd and Natalya for eg.

Its not so much current stars, just a wrestler who has been on WWE or TNA that kids have remotely heard of. I know All-Star have a history of "ahem" stars not turning up due to "insert lame excuse here", however when they advertise a "mix of Uk and American stars" and there isn't any its abit off. They also advertised Flatliner on there website as making an appearance which he didn't (and they haven't taken it down either)

Archived