Rikishi's role in the Invasion Angle?

Shovanist Pig

Just a hypothetical question as he was getting a bit of a push at the time during his ''Bad Man'' Shtick. He was injured in early 2001 and was sidelined for the better part of that year until he returned as a babyface in December of that year shoving his backside in Vince's face with everything before seemingly forgotten about.

• Paid Members

He'd have joined the Show Gunns in a Freebird style tag team (they could have called them the Phat-Show Gunns). Rikishi was born to be apart of WWF's B-Squad team of Albert, Big Show, Billy Gunn and Bob Holly, who would regularly beat down the likes of Mike Awesome and Justin Credible on Sunday Night Heat.

And your forgetting, in May of 2001, Rikishi returned as a babyface and had a match with Steve Austin on Raw, so he was a babyface before the WCW lads turned up in the WWF.

Team WWE he was never in WCW or ECW but then again neither was Kurt Angle. I wonder what triple H would of done if he had been around seeing as steph was the owner of ECW and he had previously been in WCW. Same with Benoit he had history with all 3 companies

• Paid Members
I wonder what Triple H would of done if he had been around seeing as steph was the owner of ECW and he had previously been in WCW.

Thats the big one for me, especially seen as they were set on turning him face and having him feud with Austin. If Triple H never picked up that injury, I wonder what would have happened to a lot of people. Like, would Kurt Angle have been elevated to the number 1 guy on Team WWF?

• Paid Members

How wonderfully random.

Who do you think Rey would have sided with if he had come over at the time? He was WcW of course, but he's a useless heel so might he have turned? What about Dustin - would he have been Alliance or would they have made him don the Goldust garb again straight away?

• Paid Members
I wonder what Triple H would of done if he had been around seeing as steph was the owner of ECW and he had previously been in WCW.

Thats the big one for me, especially seen as they were set on turning him face and having him feud with Austin. If Triple H never picked up that injury, I wonder what would have happened to a lot of people. Like, would Kurt Angle have been elevated to the number 1 guy on Team WWF?

Wasn't HHH getting injured the reason they pulled the trigger on the Invasion angle so quickly?. There was definitely money in a face HHH vs heel Austin program, shame we never got it.

Archived