UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

AC Milan 1 1 Man City

Man City just pulled what can only be described as the robbery :D

Completely outplayed by Milan, totally undeserved point but will more than take it.

Ballotelli

Ibrahimovic (i think).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With regards to carrying on the league into the second half of the season, I must admit that I liked the idea of splitting the league into two leagues or having a play-off between the top 8 to decide the winner of the league after we'd all played each other once. A two legged knockout playoff format between the top 8 with the final being a 15 minute each half one off spectacular at Wembley. Would be interesting, the rest of the league could play in a round-robin to decide the last two places in the Super Ten for next season with the rest + any newcomers playing in B division fighting for promotion to the Super Ten. Two could be relegated from the Super Ten each season leaving 8 in the playoffs.

Anyway I'm just spitballing, thought it sounded good in my head but it probably doesn't read very well.

I like this idea. I'm still very keen to play teh rest of the season but whenever it comes to the finish of the season we need a way to establish who will be in each division and some sort of play off system is the fairest way with possibly the top 2 positions in the league qualifying automatically.

I think the main thing to take in to consideration when deciding upon which course we're going to take is the time restraints we now have thanks to the PSN blackout. We're now a month behind, which means the last week of the league is now in mid-August, though by the time the last fixture is played it might take until the end of August, at which point we have about four weeks or so until Fifa 12 is released. Obviously not everybody's going to buy it within the first week or so of launch but I'm guessing that those who do are probably going to be less likely to want to have to go back to 11 for a month or two to play the rest of the second season.

Most likely if we want to do a second season with Fifa 11, we'll have to stop halfway through then do the split for the second season and then we should have just enough time before 12 to finish it without too much of an overlap. If we decide that we want to finish the second half of the season then the places will likely decide the split for when we start a Fifa 12 league as there likely won't be enough time for another season after that.

In terms of a playoff when the league does split, I think a playoff between the middle four or so to decide the final places in the split would be ok, but in terms of deciding an overall leader I'm personally not too keen on using the MLS system as I think that whoever finishes top deserves to win the league as they've done the best over the course of a season.

With regards to carrying on the league into the second half of the season, I must admit that I liked the idea of splitting the league into two leagues or having a play-off between the top 8 to decide the winner of the league after we'd all played each other once. A two legged knockout playoff format between the top 8 with the final being a 15 minute each half one off spectacular at Wembley. Would be interesting, the rest of the league could play in a round-robin to decide the last two places in the Super Ten for next season with the rest + any newcomers playing in B division fighting for promotion to the Super Ten. Two could be relegated from the Super Ten each season leaving 8 in the playoffs.

Anyway I'm just spitballing, thought it sounded good in my head but it probably doesn't read very well.

I like this idea. I'm still very keen to play teh rest of the season but whenever it comes to the finish of the season we need a way to establish who will be in each division and some sort of play off system is the fairest way with possibly the top 2 positions in the league qualifying automatically.

In terms of a playoff when the league does split, I think a playoff between the middle four or so to decide the final places in the split would be ok, but in terms of deciding an overall leader I'm personally not too keen on using the MLS system as I think that whoever finishes top deserves to win the league as they've done the best over the course of a season.

Agree with this. Its pointless doing a whole season then having a playoff system to determine the champion, whoever comes top deserves to be crowned champion.

• Paid Members

Man United 1-0 Inter

(Berbatov, the little fuckwit)

Berbatov nets the winner in stoppage time to give United the win. In all fairness, despite my annoyance at having conceded so late on, United had the better of the chances during the game and thus I think the tight 1-0 scoreline is probably a fair reflection. Good game, played in the snow! Almost immediately after Berbatov scored I somehow managed to get Eto'o one on one with the keeper, but suck donkeys at one on ones. Gutted, but a great game.

I may have to drop out of the league as well.

I'm moving at the back-end of July and will be without internet for as long as Sky take to hook me back up in the new apartment.

Either that or I play the remaining games from August in July to avoid another drop out.

Man United 1-0 Inter

Berbatov nets the winner in stoppage time to give United the win. In all fairness, despite my annoyance at having conceded so late on, United had the better of the chances during the game and thus I think the tight 1-0 scoreline is probably a fair reflection. Good game, played in the snow! Almost immediately after Berbatov scored I somehow managed to get Eto'o one on one with the keeper, but suck donkeys at one on ones. Gutted, but a great game.

It is worth noting that Nicko unintentionally got an unfair advantage as Inter Milan were playing in white and were camoflagued! I couldn't see the feckers half the time! It was a close game and I nearly shat myself when he had a one on one at the end.

• Paid Members
Man United 1-0 Inter

It is worth noting that Nicko unintentionally got an unfair advantage as Inter Milan were playing in white and were camoflagued! I couldn't see the feckers half the time! It was a close game and I nearly shat myself when he had a one on one at the end.

Haha, I saw the snow and thought "Shit!" Because *I* camoflagued myself as well!! And sometimes I couldn't see the ball well because the light orange seemed to merge with the red of United. I don't even know why I played in white! Madness :laugh:

Archived