UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barcelona 5-0 Aston Villa

Pique, Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Bojan

Barcelona got back to form with a brilliant 5-0 win over Aston Villa this evening. Villa tried to work the channels but the passing style of Barca proved the difference once Pique struck on 19' from a corner, something he's getting used to doing. Goals from Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Bojan sealed a all around brilliant win for Barca and will be looking to take this form on into other league games.

Manchester United 3-4 Tottenham

(Rooney 3) (Defoe 2, Crouch 2)

Shit me, is my heart beating!

Cruising 3-0 Tottenham took their feet off the gas....

Spurs took the lead through Jermaine Defoe before a Crouch brace had them on cloud nine leading 3-0 and wondering if more goals were to follow in the second half........................, they were in the 58th minute Wayne Rooney got his name on the scoresheet, a minute later and Rooney had his second making it a nervy 3-2 in Tottenham's favour before the 72nd minute where Rooney completed his hat-trick to cap an unbelivable comeback.

the last 20 minutes saw the game played at 100mph and with a draw looking likely the ball found its way into the feet of Defoe deep in injury time and he slid the ball past Van Der Sar to break United hearts.

Terrific game!

Manchester United 3 - 4 Tottenham Hotspur

Rooney hat-trick; Defoe 2, Crouch 2

Man Utd's confidence was still at rock bottom as this game began after two defeats in a row for the new United manager El Espanacas. And it did not look like the Red Devils luck was going to turn round as Berbatov hit the post early on which riled the Spurs team and responded with a swift counter attack which resulted in Defoe cooly slotting in from 10 yards. By the 60th minute Spurs took a 3-0 lead with Crouch scoring a goal either side of half time.

United were down in the dumps but a reversal in fortune helped spark a United fightback. After a hopeful punt up-field Cudicini was caught in no-mans land 35 yards out. Rooney put in a perfect slide tackle to dispose the Italian Stopper control of the ball and slotted it into the empty net. This was the start of a quickfire hatrick for Rooney which made the scores 3-3 for the last 20 minutes. it was squeaky bum time for all involved but a distraction from Mrs El Espanacas asking why the MP was allowed to disclose Ryan Giggs name in the House of Commons. El Espanacas snapped at his wife saying "I will fucking tell you later!" This momentary lapse of concentration allowed another decisive Spurs breakaway with Defoe converting an injury time winner.

A cracking game which was marred by Mrs El Espanacas meddling yet again. She has received a 3 match touchline ban and wont be receiving cunnilingus tonight as promised.

Napoli 0 - 1 Everton

A tightly contested clash between two teams who were next to each other in the table. Napoli probably had the better of the first half but it was Everton who scored what turned out to be the decisive goal in the 25th minute. A Lavezzi drive from outside the outside forced Howard to parry the ball out for a corner. Howard then saved an effort from the corner and then quickly threw the ball out to start a swift counter attack. Napoli failed to get enough bodies back allowing Diniyar Bilyaletdinov's cross to be headed home by Louis Saha. Napoli should have scored an equaliser soon after when Edinson Cavani directed an open header straight at Tim Howard. In the second half both teams had chances to score, probably the best chance fell to Everton when Louis Saha failed to capitalise on a defensive mix up but was thwarted by De Sanctis from a tight angle. Napoli continued to press for an equaliser, though still wary of Everton counter attacks, but thanks to a couple of good saves from Howard and some good defending it never came with the ball bobbling around the area from a couple corners but a Napoli player couldn't get a decent shot off. Overall a very even game (shots 9 to 8, possession 52:48) in which a draw would have been a fair result, but rohpete got revenge for the tourney game when I won but it should have been a draw.

Everton goal: Saha (25')

I sent ebb a friends request on psn the day it came back on but he has not responded yet

same here

He hasn't logged on to his PSN account since before the outage but seems to be posting regularly elsewhere on here, so probably best to send him a PM.

Write ups done for this week but just need to tot up the scorers charts which I will do and post it all sometime tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the delay but shattered and had to go through twenty plus pages back to week 4 collecting them all. I think I'm correct in stating remaining games from weeks 4 and 5 to be played are :-

Week 5

Inter Milan v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Barcelona

Roma v Man Utd

Arsenal v Roma

Week 4

Bayern Munich v Man Utd

Atletico Madrid v Roma

Metallica - I can be on for our week 6 game tomorrow or Wed evening/tea time if thats good for you mate?

I arranged to play my fixture with Ebb last week but he no showed and i haven't heard from him since despite trying to arrange a new time to complete our fixture.

I will be on most nights this week to play the rest of my fixtures.

Archived