Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Question about re-taping finishes. How is it actually done? What I mean is, do they just bring out the participants and reshoot the finish or is it worked into the show to avoid confusing fans who still don't know how the business works? Do they for example have a dark rematch and simply use the ending to that on TV?

Put in this thread rather than the questions thread cos it comes up above.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Question about re-taping finishes. How is it actually done? What I mean is, do they just bring out the participants and reshoot the finish or is it worked into the show to avoid confusing fans who still don't know how the business works? Do they for example have a dark rematch and simply use the ending to that on TV?

Put in this thread rather than the questions thread cos it comes up above.

Un sure for TNA, although at recent RAW tapings in the UK, They just had the heels come straight back out, re-do the end of the match (including the ref couting) and had the faces look all confused saying "This wasnt a match, you crazy fools". Basically to make it look like it was all asupposed to happen.

With TNA it sounds like the re-do most spots regularly, so they may just announce they are re-taping it, or again just flat out do it.

I see Storm/Roode has been announced. On most sites it's saying it's been made for Lockdown, is it meant to be Victory Road? I know it makes sense to do it at Lockdown, but surely they've not just announced that and bypassed the Victory Road PPV before it first?!

Yeah that's true. It'd still be nice if they took it a bit seriously though, I mean No Way Out was kinda similar to it in a way, in how it was sandwiched between the Rumble and Mania and just seemed like an inconvenience, but the WWF always used to make it worthwhile. Im fine with Storm/Roode being the Lockdown main event, I was worried Storm was losing his push and Sting was gonna be the one facing Roode at Lockdown but thankfully not. But they should really be announcing their next PPV main event first.

Little thing I suppose, just irks me a bit.

rest of the 23rd february show

Bobby Roode comes out for a promo. He talks up last week's beatdown of Sting and says that Sting has quit. Roode puts over ending Sting's career as a lifetime achievement.

-Samoa Joe and Magnus defeated Matt Morgan and Crimson after Crimson accidentally hit Morgan leading to Joe and Magnus hitting their finisher. Crimson walked out on Morgan afterwards.

-Zema Ion defeated Alex Shelley after using hair spray and hitting his finisher. Austin Aries was ringside watching and eating popcorn.

-Gail Kim defeated ODB with the Eat Defeat. Madison Rayne was ringside during the match and tried to celebrate with Kim afterwards.

-AJ Styles defeated Robbie E in a TV Title match by DQ. AJ was about to hit one of his flying moves when Kazarian and Christopher Daniels came out. Kazarian put his hands on AJ which resulted in him winning by DQ but not winning the title.

-Sting comes out preparing to retire. He is acting all sad when Bobby Roode interrupts. Roode said he had to be here for that and trash talks to Sting. Sting gets all pumped up, starts putting on his facepaint and said that Roode lit a fire under him and that at Victory Road they would fight. Roode went to cheap shot Sting but Sting saw it coming and hit Roode with a low blow of his own.

Xplosion

Mickie James and Velvet Sky defeated Rosita and Sarita by hitting their finishers at the same time. Rosita, Sarita and Mickie James all tried to sing their national anthems before the match but couldn't. Afterwards, Mickie sang the American National Anthem.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a Tweet counts as "standing up and demanding a push" or whatever Jim Ross always says wrestlers need to do. Fair play to Aries, he deserves to be in main events, he's been quality since coming back to TNA.

Archived