New laptop.

extacy of farts

• Paid Members

Well ive had my current laptop for over 5 years now and its starting to give up on me so having got my bonus from work i thought why not treat myself to a new laptop. Problem is, is that im no technical genius when it comes to technology so was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good deal or a great laptop...or both! I didn't want to pay much more than

I use a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop for most things including FM 11. It runs it fine and is a nice little system, you can get them direct from Dell for around 345 now and I find them great value for money, my girlfriend also bought an inspiron from Dell at Xmas, a slightly newer model for around 400 quid, again nice little laptop.

I strongly advise Dell as your manufacturer of choice. Between the wife and I we've owned 2 Acers, 1 Samsung and 1 Toshiba in recent years but they've not been a patch on the quality of Dell laptops. The wife has one and I have one and they're excellent. Can't go wrong with an Inspiron

• Paid Members

There's also the XPS range from Dell but it might be a bit of a high spec for your needs but it depends on your budget. There's some good Inspirons. I've been looking for a laptop the last few weeks and have gone for an XPS17 but probably it's above what you need and it'll set you back about

• Paid Members

I have an iMac desk top and a mac book laptop (i, like chest am a music producer and have always been a mac boy).

My girlfriend was going back to uni to do her masters so i bought her a new laptop, maybe more than she needs, but if your going to spend around

• Paid Members
I have an iMac desk top and a mac book laptop (i, like chest am a music producer and have always been a mac boy).

My girlfriend was going back to uni to do her masters so i bought her a new laptop, maybe more than she needs, but if your going to spend around

My current lappy is a Toshiba as recommended to me by a few different independent laptop techy guys who I went to see when my last laptop died a death 18 months into it's life. That being a HP. Avoid like the frigging plague mate. I was totally warned off em by these guys (none of whom knew eachother or knew the advice I was previously given.)

• Paid Members
My current lappy is a Toshiba as recommended to me by a few different independent laptop techy guys who I went to see when my last laptop died a death 18 months into it's life. That being a HP. Avoid like the frigging plague mate. I was totally warned off em by these guys (none of whom knew eachother or knew the advice I was previously given.)

Well seeing as i have a Toshiba now, i can understand where your coming from. Had so many problems with it and had it sent back a couple of times plus the battery life is awful so always have to have it plugged in with the charger which makes it overheat...brilliant. Think im looking at either a Sony or Dell, but apart from that, im no closer to what laptop to get but the one Kaz Hayashi recommended looks good and is in stock whereas most of the dell's arnt just yet. ( I work at Waitrose and get John Lewis discount so awaiting them to get stock in before i make my mind up)

Archived