Football At The Emirates

Bettencourt

• Paid Members

First of all I'd like to apologise for making a new thread on this, I tried to search for a London thread I'm sure I've seen before but cannot find it for love nor money.

But my mates and I are looking to go to the Emirates for the Brazil vs Scotland match. Only one problem, none of us have been to London before, so we are pretty clueless.

We are going to fly down the day before, maybe the morning of the match and come back the day after.

Where would it be best to get a hotel? Also, silly question but would the flights be Heathrow airport?

Thanks in advance people. Again, sorry for the new thread!

do an internet search for flights.

If you're not too bothered about going out at night, then if it's heathrow have a look at the travelodge by T5 (if you're on a tight budget. Not too tight as it's a hotel in London of course, but still)

• Paid Members

Regarding hotels, just literally anywhere in London (within zone 1) to be honest. There are Premier Inns and the like all over the place, and you don't need to be close to the stadium. I'd recommend staying somewhere closer to the centre so you can be close to the nightlife and nice places to eat. Getting a tube the next day for the game will be a piece of piss.

• 2 weeks later...

Watford isn't really London, it's Hertfordshire, but you could always hop on the train into London to go out on the lash. Getting to the Emirates is simple enough, I believe there are two stations you can use to get to the Emirates. I used Holloway Road on the way our when I went there when Chelsea played there last season, I think...

• Paid Members

London prices indeed. London is a bit shit for working to a budget within such a short space of time!

I think travel wise during the day we should be fine for trains etc to and from Watford.

Our little trip into London on a Saturday evening... am I right in thinking Watford is only 14 miles from central London? Would it be cheao enough to get a taxi? Is it easy to get a taxi? Surely to god the taxi's aren't as expensive as they are up here! Haha!

Archived