Poll on WWE's homepage

Super Cena

There's a poll on WWE's homepage which asks who fans think could be the guest host of this year's Wrestlemania. The choices are Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik, The Rock, Steve Austin and Randy Savage.

Now with the announcement this past week on Raw, does this mean that we are going to see a former 'Superstar' as the guest host of WM as opposed to a mainstream 'outsider' as most predict?

As you've no doubt noticed, there's been an increase in the amount of times "Macho Man" Randy Savage has had his name mentioned of late, what with the All-Star video game trailers, new action figures and now this. Does anybody think that there's a chance he'll play a role at this year's event?

I'm more than likely reading too much into this, but I'd have thought WWE would have gone along the route of Which Celebrity Would You Like To See Guest Host..., not too mention having Savage's name on the company's homepage.

For the record, SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The Rock

is miles ahead so far.

Thoughts?

Cue Alan Partridge gifs.

I was thinking Austin as a way to promote this years return of Tough Enough. I was thinking Rock to host next years (being in Miami) but they'll probably use that as a way to induct him into the hall of fame instead.

It had a list of celebrities who could be the guest host the other day. Likes of Michael Jordan and Corey Matthews.

This poll makes me think it isnt The Rock now, I can't see WWE putting up a poll with The Rocks name in it if he is to be the host. This usually signifies that it won't be any of the people in the poll and a suprise.

• Paid Members

Firstly, I don't think the poll means anything and in fact it's quite possible that who ever created the poll doesn't even know who the host is, it was probably just thought to be a fun thing to put on the site.

However, in my mind, I'm relatively convinced The Rock will be the guest host. For starters he said back when Raw was having guest hosts that some ideas had been thrown around with WWE but that he would like to do something bigger than guest hosting Raw. He's also become fairly mainstream now so it works both ways. I'd still love to see him layeth the smacketh down one more time though! Actually, that I lie, I mean more than one more time in truth.

On the Raw page it says "Which former Raw guest star do you think will be the Guest Host of WrestleMania XXVII?"

With choices of Bob Barker, William Shatner, Pee-wee Herman, David Hasselhoff & Snoop Dogg

While on.....

The smackdown page it has "Which music icon do you think will be the Guest Host of WrestleMania XXVII?"

With the choices of Usher, Justin Bieber, Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler and interestingly enough Chris Jericho!

• Paid Members
If it's Bieber we are all doomed. The live crowd will bloody hate it, and the sound of boo's every time he walks out will be counter productive.

Wrong. You're all wrong. Bieber would be the greatest thing to happen on a WWE PPV since Liberace was a special guest timekeeper or something.

A lot of the news sites are reporting that it is in fact

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bob Barker. Utterly disappointing. How exactly does Vince think this is in anyway a blockbuster announcement worthy of a meta-announcement last week, or indeed a ratings/buyrate spike for Mania?

Barker's Raw appearance was good when he had Santino, Jericho, IRS and Gillian at the start. We need some comedy at WM too.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I can think of a lot worse that Vince could announce tonight!

Yeah I mean it was funny, for what it was. But you can't but feel a little dissappointed if it is him announced tonight.

Archived