LittleBigForum

FLips

• Paid Members

It's becoming obvious that a fair few people on here have LittleBigPlanet 2. I didn't spend any time at all creating levels on the first game, but I must have spent around 6-7 hours on this one just experimenting, making shapes and stages and stuff. It's eating my life up :/

Obviously without some sort of video capturing device there's no way to show each other levels, however there's a new feature on it where if you go to www.LBP.me you can log in with your PSN username and it's like a profile where you can see what levels people have made. From there you can search for those levels in-game and play them.

So here's my profile - My Planet

Check out the Jam Factory and Winter Wonderhouse one.

Anyone else got anything to share?

• Paid Members

Resurrecting a thread that died on it's arse to share photos of a level I'll be publishing soon. Most of you will know what it is.

7402ff5dbd34cf9d9a08794b3d0005ae4bee197b.jpg

d9d8c6f83505b7a935cf06929cd7d499c25608e3.jpg

12540162506a79305cf2a7a16a820c7f0183bc5c.jpg

64449a60baeadb83d22ace8c90e11fc24b9a68e6.jpg

415eca980d456466178a86d5d81fa1d5a319853f.jpg

96fd216c0834f1cc64b2243d6d49cc7f35e7fbca.jpg

It's taking me ages so far, but the overall goal is to make past the falling logs and then slowly transform into Super Ghouls and Ghosts, and then maybe DKC1.

The enemies look a bit shite, but that's because I don't have the Playstation Eye so everything is made by hand. The doors all work, the potion takes you to the bonus room where turnips are coins (or point orbs in this case) and the POW block kills everything on the floor it lands near.

• Paid Members
You seem well into your video games, how many hours a week do you play?

I've never counted, but it's a fair bit. I'm just breaking in as a journalist so even when I'm not playing them for fun I'm playing them to write about!. I do have a life outside of games, thankfully. It may not look that way though :(

• Paid Members
You seem well into your video games, how many hours a week do you play?

I've never counted, but it's a fair bit. I'm just breaking in as a journalist so even when I'm not playing them for fun I'm playing them to write about!. I do have a life outside of games, thankfully. It may not look that way though :(

I can't remember the last time I had enough spare time to sit down and get right into a game, my PS3 is just an expensive media player. I used to play lots when I had a dreamcast mind.

• Paid Members

Gonna Hijak this thread a little... Staying On Topic with a creation of my own. It is game related. It's a video I made in Skate 3.

Skate and Then film, upload the clips, then stick them into Movie Maker with a song and make it all nice and neat. Synching landings with the music.

Expecting Less responses than Triple A got. :)

• Paid Members
Gonna Hijak this thread a little... Staying On Topic with a creation of my own. It is game related. It's a video I made in Skate 3.

Skate and Then film, upload the clips, then stick them into Movie Maker with a song and make it all nice and neat. Synching landings with the music.

I'll change the thread title to accomodate all games. I'll check your video in a sec. I was rubbish at Skate :/

EDIT: Some of the stuff you do in that is really crisp. I usually just play the hall of meat mode and throw myself off stuff!

• Paid Members
I'm rubbish at creating stuff in LBP. About halfway through the main game of LBP2, might have another bash at a level then, based on a strange tourist attraction/school trip destination in the north.

As dull and daunting as it might look, you should really watch the tutorials. They're not even a minute long each and they simplify things so much. You also can't use a lot of the create items until you watch the tutorial about them (alternatively you can click the "unlock" button at the bottom of the list. You'll get the items but the boxes on the ones you've not done will stay unticked).

Once you know how to just draw something and make it fly and fire missiles you'll find hours have gone by without you noticing :/

• Paid Members

I'll change the thread title to accomodate all games. I'll check your video in a sec. I was rubbish at Skate :/

EDIT: Some of the stuff you do in that is really crisp. I usually just play the hall of meat mode and throw myself off stuff!

Thank you.

All of that is filmed in hardcore mode.

When playing Skate, I try to do stuff that looks realistic. Making lines look real.

Spamming 900 airs and hardflips/tre flips isn't challenging. Keeping it simple with low popping into grinds makes it look much better.

Resurrecting a thread that died on it's arse to share photos of a level I'll be publishing soon. Most of you will know what it is.

7402ff5dbd34cf9d9a08794b3d0005ae4bee197b.jpg

d9d8c6f83505b7a935cf06929cd7d499c25608e3.jpg

12540162506a79305cf2a7a16a820c7f0183bc5c.jpg

64449a60baeadb83d22ace8c90e11fc24b9a68e6.jpg

415eca980d456466178a86d5d81fa1d5a319853f.jpg

96fd216c0834f1cc64b2243d6d49cc7f35e7fbca.jpg

It's taking me ages so far, but the overall goal is to make past the falling logs and then slowly transform into Super Ghouls and Ghosts, and then maybe DKC1.

The enemies look a bit shite, but that's because I don't have the Playstation Eye so everything is made by hand. The doors all work, the potion takes you to the bonus room where turnips are coins (or point orbs in this case) and the POW block kills everything on the floor it lands near.

GEEK! Marios Bros 2! GEEK! :D

Archived