Bret Hart says he would be happy to induct HBK into the H.O.F

Snitsky's back acne

WWE Hall of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart was a guest on Sunday night's Live Audio Wrestling radio show on Sirius XM. Among the topics discussed was the announcement that Shawn Michaels will be joining him in the Hall of Fame during WrestleMania weekend in April. Visit TheFightNetwork.com to download an MP3 of Bret's appearance on the LAW show.

Hart says despite the long standing issues he and Shawn had in the past, they buried the hatchet last year when he returned to WWE television on January 4th and remain friends to this day. When asked whether he would induct Shawn into the Hall of Fame, Bret responded:

"I wouldn't have any problem inducting Shawn. The truth is Shawn was a great wrestler and I had a lot of great matches with him. I'm proud of some of the great memories I had with Shawn and I would be happy to induct him into the Hall of Fame if they asked me to," Hart told John Pollock of the Fight Network for an interview on Sunday's Live Audio Wrestling show.

Seeing as Shawn has said in the past that he would like Bret to induct him anyone reckon it would/could happen?

Terry and Dory Funk asked McMahon they wanted Bret Hart to induct them into the Hall of Fame, but he refused. I doubt he'd want Hart inducting Michaels, instead of Triple H. Would have loved to have seen the Christmassy Ted-esque speech by Bret though.

"Ah feck, I've got Scott Hall down under 'Twats' instead of 'Idiots'..."

given the nature of the rivalry and the long awaitwed handshake, i think Bret will do it. in my opinion it would be the final step to possibly prove to any doubters that the feud is over.

i would love to see it happen personally

• Paid Members

I really hope this doesn't happen. Even if they have buried the hatchet, and are now 'good friends', Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels NEVER got on. In fact, for the majority of their careers, they pretty much hated each other. I don't think that someone who hated Michaels throughout his career should induct him. We've already had the reconciling moment, so let's leave it there.

I think someone that was truly close and good friends with Michaels should induct him. Personally, I would love to see The Kliq induct him- HHH, Nash, Hall & Waltman. That would be fantastic.

I would also like to see the Kliq do it but it wont happen. Nash has already gone from "I'll be there no matter what" to, "I'll be there even if i sign with TNA" to, "It depends on if i sign with TNA and my movie commitments". Hall and Pac i reckon will still be there but it'll only be HHH that inducts him

I really hope this doesn't happen. Even if they have buried the hatchet, and are now 'good friends', Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels NEVER got on.

Not true. Bret and Shawn got on for many years as Bret highlighted in his book.

It was only when both became successful that the tensions began, and both have said that Vince contributed to the tension the two already had between them by that point as he played them off against each other. Apparently, he likes/liked his top guys to have a 'competitive' edge between them.

I think Bret inducting Michaels would be a nice touch given their history but I think Triple H will want to do it (understandably as well) and they'll go with that.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Even if they have buried the hatchet, and are now 'good friends', Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels NEVER got on. In fact, for the majority of their careers, they pretty much hated each other. I don't think that someone who hated Michaels throughout his career should induct him. We've already had the reconciling moment, so let's leave it there.

I think someone that was truly close and good friends with Michaels should induct him. Personally, I would love to see The Kliq induct him- HHH, Nash, Hall & Waltman. That would be fantastic.

Is that true though? Michaels and Hart got on fine for years, a couple of people on here have mentioned them sitting together on tour bus in '92, etc.

AFAIK the first hint of any problems started around 1994 (although even then IIRC they still got on okay) and only really got bad around 1996 when Michaels got the big push. The thing is everyone who worked for WWF in 1995 will say Michaels was a prick back then, including Michaels himself. So the fact he lasted as long as he did without having a massive problem with Michales until they had to work together is impressive. Once '96 happened and Vince started sticking his nose in things then they only got worse and worse until they ended up where they did in 1997.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Even if they have buried the hatchet, and are now 'good friends', Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels NEVER got on.

Not true. Bret and Shawn got on for many years as Bret highlighted in his book.

It was only when both became successful that the tensions began, and both have said that Vince contributed to the tension the two already had between them by that point as he played them off against each other. Apparently, he likes/liked his top guys to have a 'competitive' edge between them.

Yeah, that is true. Bret has said the same about the thing with Hogan in 1993 as well and I believe him on that one. It was brought up a lot online in 2000 whenever there was talk about "tension" between Rock and Triple H (although if there was any they never let it interfere with their matches). Both clearly saw themselves as the natural successor to Steve Austin and I think Vince (privately) reveled in the fact. Vince did the same thing with Hogan and Piper (again I'm sure both have said/hinted at the fact that Vince liked the fact there was tension between them), Hogan and Bret, and Bret and Michaels. Hogan and Savage even when they were top mates always had that competitiveness between them, etc. It even came up again a few years back when there was talk about Angle and Lesnar liking each other personally (and I've yet to hear otherwise) but both having that 'competitive tension' between them all the time. I think Vince wants his top stars to be happy (and can be very good in that respect) but also likes people to not feel too comfortable.

I for one would love to see it but I can't imagine Vince going for it, even if Shawn wanted it, in similar fashion to what Ian mentioned about The Funks wanting Bret. It's more likely they'll have Hunter do it even though he won't have anything interesting to say whatsoever.

They could have a bunch of inductees each saying something, just for selfish reasons of me wanting to see Marty Jannetty in a tux.

Archived