A Short Film for comments/mocking

Dirty Eddie

I don't post much in off-topic, but a while back I asked around on here for anyone that knew of any actors available at short notice in the London/Herts area. A number of helpful people stepped forward, and in the end the part was cast. Anyway, I just thought I'd post the film up here and see what you peeps think.

It's called "Head Case" and is an adaptation of an Irvine Welsh short story.

Vimeo Link

Feel free to mock, ignore or whatever!! :)

____

Second film...

"Sean"

I watched it, I dug it! That blonde was terrific. Some nice stuff.

I appreciate that's not the most varied or in-depth review, but hey.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

The lead actress, Louise, was awesome. We spotted her at a talent showcase in London. She's actually from Liverpool area originally.

• Awards Moderator

Very good. Some good angles used throughout and very well edited (notably the car scene and the sped-up scene from Keith's POV with the guests at the table). The lead guy was great too, by the way. He reminded me a little of Martin Freeman and he delivered his lines with good timing. Really enjoyed it - great work!

Thanks very much for the comments. I wrote the adaptation and script and arranged the music (two friends composed it), as well as recording the sound on the day. I also build the Head prop and case (intentionally cheesy as it is).

The actors totally made it though. With poor performances this type of thing would have completely sucked.

• Paid Members
The blonde actress was a bit annoying

I'm pretty sure that's how she was supposed to be - they make a big deal of it at the beginning. I thought she did a bloody great job.

And on a completely sexist note, she has a great figure.

I'm pretty sure that's how she was supposed to be - they make a big deal of it at the beginning. I thought she did a bloody great job.

Oh yeah, her role was that of the (painful to deal with) Hostess, that can't let you relax. She was spot-on to how I had written it.

I understood her character, but her voice was annoyingly painful on my ears.

Archived