Big Show DVD

Flash

All I can say I've heard is the rumoured title for it is either "Life of a Giant" or "A Giant's World". The latter is probably correct as they also have the date set for it's release, which is 15th March. It's also been reported it'll be a 3 disc set with the profile presentation going through Big Show's career in WCW and then WWE with the extras being promos and matches.

I can remember loads of big show matches I thought were good and exciting. He's had matches vs Angle, Taker, Cena, Eddie, Lesnar, HHH etc that were all entertaining, good tag matches last/this year and he's played his hand in many entertaining multi-man matches down the years too, Vengeance 2003 being the first to spring to mind. So I look forward to this if there is a documentary and some TV matches i'll be happy, haven't really heard Show's story told all that much.

• Paid Members
This will surely prove to be one of the very worst DVD's ever produced. Can anyone remember an exciting Big Show match? I can quite honestly say all I can remember is the ring collapsing on an episode of SmackDown.

The match quality will be average, fair enough, but to be fair to show, he's been involved in some seriously cool angles! The collapsing ring, the coming through the ring at st valentines day massacre on his debut, the tranquilizer dart incident with Angle, Chokeslamming people off various high things, and I'm pretty sure there are a good few others.

I've never been a huge fan of him in the ring, but he has a big personality (pardon the pun), and he has the capacity to be very entertaining, both as a face and a heel, so on that front this could be a decent dvd, could be...

I think I'd only watch this for the WCW stuff, and hopefully they'll include a few of his promos/segments with The Rock, and when Show first came to WWF/E. Everything after that kind of got lost in a world of bland for me.

Might be worth a watch online first...

I would only be interested in his WCW years, in other words the time where he gave a toss about his appearance and his quality of matches. The only highlights of his time for me in the WWE have been his debut and his run as WWE Champion when Paul Heyman was his manager.

He's had good matches up and down his career, from decent feuds with Lesnar in the mid 90s to some good bouts as ECW champion a few years ago from what I can remember. For a guy his size, he's had a phenomenal career.

Archived