Post Of The Month: November & December

Jaffa

Post Of The Month: November & December  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Minimal nominating (and even fewer seconds, thirds etc leads us to a combined November and December poll:

1) ButchReedMark, posting in the What do you love & hate about Indy Wrestling thread:

Love

Not on TV, and I can cherry pick the diamonds from the dogshit for my own enjoyment.

Hate

Daft - You're on first, you've got 7 matches, and 3 hours of wrestling coming after you. Why not warm them up? Why not use a 900000000 degree double salto into a brainbuster? That'll warm the crowd up!

Lazy Eyes Right, you fancy doing a stilted promo? Brilliant, in that case delegate your eyes in between looking 90 degrees, followed by an awkward glance at the hard cam. Do this every 30 seconds. Do you know what makes a great promo as well? Swearing, and acting the cock.

Paul Orndorff - Piledrivers are for girls, everyone should kick out of them before being pinned by a fucking clothesline like they are one of Tito Santana's team at Survivor Series '90. The more people fall on their head, the MORE REAL IT IS! And also, why not do a Double Underhook Tombstone? After all, if your finsher is pointlessly flashy and involves a dangerous risky head drop it's a great finisher, but we don't like unprotected chair shots yet that isn't hypocrisy, it's because wrestling is a SPORT! Only it's a sport where someone can get dumped on their spud and no-sell it then win with a clothesline or a really unconvincing Kimura. That's for dickheads, not like a sloppy DVD. That's Workrate.

Ignorance Worse Than Mine - I've read on this board that Rcihards/Black is the Flair vs Steamboat (Which wasn't a match, it was a fucking feud going back to the late '70's in Mid-Atlantic, and also, if you base it on one of their '89 trilogy tussles at random it still doesn't measure up) of our generation. WHat an ignorant statement. Flair vs Steamboat was built on 11 years (approx) of not getting on according to the developments of the characters involved. For example, Steambaot went from stud, to family man. Flair smashing Steamboats face on the floor in Mid-Atlantic. Eddie Gilbert bringing him back, and Steamer telling him to get out of the Sandbox, if he wishes to "play". Over a decade of one upmanship, brought to the fore, and they've wrestled each other so many times they have to try and catch the other off-guard. It's called context, it's called Wrestling. Also, it's worth considering Ric Flairs submission to a double chicken wing on the clash, and how important a Flair submission on TBS was, also their complementary styles. Two sellers, going 60 minutes, grabbing for life. Whereas comparing Richards vs Black?

Davey Richards did his normal "I'm Benoit, only I'm not intense", and Tyler Black did his usual "Not great, me". And that's our Flair and Steamboat? Where's the story? Where's the reason? What bollocks. And for all Indie diehards claim to be wrestling connoisseurs, then they'd understand why Black vs Richards doesn't even come near Bagwell vs Barabarian. It's not gymastics, it's wrestling, there's story and context, and that's why the '89 Flair vs Steamboat feud was so good. Something the ignorant need to learn. Wrestling is telling a story, not an exhibition of how can look better and get their stupid shit in, and do that "Japanese" style which even as someone who's not a big fan of puro I can see through it as just cock waving.

2) Peacekeeper, ever the ladies man in the What's the worst date you've ever been on? thread:

Ok so it's been about 5 years since I posted on this forum, but I love threads like these...

So here's my story...

I met a girl on a dating website last year, she was a nice enough person, had a kid which didn't bother me too much as it was still young. She looked a bit like Thandi Newton, which was never a bad thing. So we agreed to meet up and go for a drink, I picked her up from her house and took her to the local pub which was down the road.

As soon as she got in the car I could tell something wasnt right, she was slurring her words slightly and was a bit out of it. She said she had had a couple of glasses of wine before comming out as she was nervous. "Ok" I thought, thinking to myself that I should make sure she didn't drink much more. We get to the pub and she wants a large glass of rose wine. I go to the bar and she heads outside for a fag and said she would meet me out there. I deliberately ordered a small glass and gave the excuse that they didn't have any large glasses. She jokingly tells me it's because I'm cheap, but says next time she will have 2 small glasses to make it up to a large one.

We sit outside and she chain smokes and goes through a 10 pack easily. She was a nice enough lass and we were getting on ok, she was laughing at my shit jokes and seemed responsive, if a bit pissed. We have a few more drinks and she manages to keep at a stable level of drunkeness. She says she fancies going back to my place, but first she wants to buy a bottle of wine and then head to hers so she can "pick up a few things". I try to discourage her from buying the wine but she is adamant about it, so begrudginly i buy the bottle from the bar (a

• Paid Members

NEWM's post was just lovely and deserves it's props but Keith's mauling of Ron Simmons and Butch's rant against indie wrestling fans are just too funny to ignore. I think I'll give Butch the edge, if only for the brilliant description of Tyler Black's gimmick (or lack there of).

• Paid Members

I agree, it has to be Peacekeeper.

The NEWM post was lovely and Houchen was a beast in his argument with Ron Simmons, but the alcoholic, latex intolerent sex addict is a great character.

Archived