UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

I think my point about Carmel being 18 stands though

Despite the fact 18 wrestlers ranked higher than her?

As I said the reason Divers and Renfrew are 20= is because they had the same number of votes. There were 19 wrestlers above them.

Hey

I have compiled your votes. And the results are in.

We have a top 20 (well 21)

Ahh missed that last quote. My bad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey its fine Dann

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

18th

DAVEY BLAZE

156295_10150126313220620_206968150619_7787900_7319621_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Stand out of Blaze and Rampage vs Fight Club- ICW had several huge matches at Fear and Loathing 3, but the end of the feud between Kid Fite and Blaze and Rampage was one of the best Wrestling matches on the Show, in a company more famous for blood, brawls and hardcore wrestling,Davey Blaze and Chris Rampage vs Fight Club( Kid Fite and Liam Thompson) was one of the best wrestling matches that company had. Blaze was the stand out performer in this match, he looked like a killer out there.

Lowlight of the Year- The Start of the Kid Fite feud-Davey Blaze came out for the opening contest of ICW Payback, he was making his debut as was his opponent Chris Rampage, as Blaze is about to enter the ring, Kid Fite blindsides him and replaces him in the match. Thats right , Davey Blaze didn't even get in the ring in his debut, on the plus side this attack set up one of the feuds of the year.

Predictions for 2011-Expect big things from Davey Blaze, whether as a tag team competitor or as a singles star

having booked Blaze (possibly in his English debut) he was a good kid with lots of potential. That was only last May and since then he seems to have gone from strength to strength and everything I have seen (via footage) and heard about him is great. From what I can tell he has a great attitude and is going to do very well for himself. I have Blaze & Rampage booked in March and look forward to seeing how far they have both come since last May as they both worked for me on my first show, albeit not as a tag team. Considering how young both guys are and how quickly they are learning they should both do well whether it be together or apart.

Although I dont see enough of the Scottish promotions to be able to vote on this I have enough interest in Scottish wrestling and knowledge of its top talent to be following this countdown with a great deal of enthusiasm, keep them coming

Carmel Jacob has slowly creeped up on me as someone to look forward to on Scottish shows.

Davey Blaze is one who I've gotten a bit high on actually. The first time I seen him against Jamie Feerick, I was fairly impressed with his intensity, but it was the Kid Fite match that really got me on board and then everything I've seen since then has been good.

17th

JOE COFFEY

68238_10150135717385828_355603250827_7998992_5983421_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-Winning the Laird of the Ring Championship Joe Coffey made his debut in 2009 , but only became a regular this past year. Despite being in the beginning of his career his in ring performance has been impressive. His win against Red Lightning in Johnstone, winning him his first title was a huge highlight.

Lowlight of the Year-Only coming 17th in this survey Joe Coffey hasn't had a bad match and his promo skills and inring look are good, and in wrestling at least he has had no real lowlight. Unless anyone can think of one?

Predictions for 2011- A special talent, one of Area 52's best recent graduates. One of the potential stars of the Year

Well I wouldn't say theeee one to watch but one of a few. I'm tipping red lightning and kid fite to really come through this year on the back of their form in the 2nd half of 2010. Both are on the absolute verge whereas the likes of joe and blaze are still new to the scene.

Agreed on the name thing. If joe were to work overseas then they would give him whatever name they want?

Its spelt Joe Coffey. No one's name "screams Superstar". Watch his matches and you'll have a fair idea that he's loaded with potential. He's without a doubt the one to watch in 2011 up North.

I agree. Coffey has impressed me greatly, hasn't had a bad match and it's really only just the beginning of the road for him. 2011 should be a good year for him.

Its spelt Joe Coffey. No one's name "screams Superstar". Watch his matches and you'll have a fair idea that he's loaded with potential. He's without a doubt the one to watch in 2011 up North.

I wouldn't say "without a doubt" by any means. He's hardly the only one to break out this year, and he's only done that in one company mainly. I have no doubt he'l do well and has a ton of potential, but hardly a shoe in for breakout star of the year.

16th

FALCON

59226_494295545619_206968150619_6997307_5035655_n.jpg

Credit to CallumW

Highlight of the Year- Tournaments- Falcon is the only wrestler to beat two wrestlers in the NWA UK championship tournament being held in SWA (which will end at the Gathering) Beating Joe Coffey and Steven Xavier (who replaced Fergal Devitt, which is a shame cause that woulda been a hell of a match). He has also reached the final of the ICW Zero G Championship.And won the NOW championship in a tournament, beating Damien O'Conor.

Lowlight of the Year- Winning the SSW Womens Championship-- Yes you heard me. Falcon won a money in the bank contract in SSW and used it, not to win the main event title , but instead to get a title he isn't even eligible for. Facepalm.

Predictions for 2011- Falcon will always have great matches, permanently entertaining, he may even win a title if he's lucky.

Falcon is the only wrestler to beat two wrestlers in the NWA UK championship tournament being held in SWA

This isn't strictly true. Falcon beat Joe Coffey to gain entry into the NWA UK title tournament, therefore he (like everyone else in the tournament so far) has only beaten 1 wrestler :)

Archived