Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

Taker/HBK II for me. For the third straight year at Wrestlemania HBK produced a classic. Watching those matches live just added to the whole spectacle of what was going on.

 

Can't say I agree with the Rumble nominations, I thought HBK aside last year was one of the dullest Rumble's of recent history. I just felt it had more to offer in terms of playing up to the storylines around that time, and the potential for stuff like more DX tension with HBK eliminating HHH seemed to end too quickly. Also, I remember hoping for some kind of Miz/Show/Jericho interaction, alas no dice. Also, R-Truth eliminating both Big Show and Mark Henry? I'd rather have seen that "honour" go to someone else. The above is probably just me being a little pedantic about it, but I just didn't enjoy it much at all and I'd never consider it to be a MOTY candidate, especially when virtually all of the other suggestions in this thread so far were better.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm coming towards the end of completing my 'best matches of 2010' like (I've only got a few more shows to get through, once they become available), but my list is looking like this. For MOTY contenders, I'd say that the ****3/4 and ***** matches are the ones I'd nominate (matches in date order):

 

*****

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels WWE 28/03/2010 *****

 

****

Posted (edited)

Tyler Black vs Davey Richards (Death Before Dishonor)

El Generico vs Kevin Steen (Final Battle)

Prince Devitt vs Marufuji (January 30th)

YAMATO & Shingo vs Hulk & Doi (Dragon Gate at St Ives)

YAMATO & Shingo vs Fuji & Mochizuki (August 5th)

MCMG vs Beer Money (2/3 Falls)

Angle vs Anderson (Lockdown)

Angle vs Styles (January 4th)

Edited by TysonSL
Posted (edited)

Undertaker vs Michaels (WrestleMania)

Morrison vs Sheamus (Falls Count Anywhere, Raw)

Morrison vs Sheamus (TLC)

Bryan vs Ziggler (Bragging Rights)

Cena vs Barrett (Hell in a Cell)

Bryan vs Batista (Raw)

Edited by Pityinthecityofsin
Posted

1. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. The Undertaker - Smackdown! Elimination Chamber Match (WWE Elimination Chamber 21st February 2010)

2. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. The Undertaker - Smackdown! Elimination Chamber Match (WWE Elimination Chamber 21st February 2010)

 

3. Christian vs. Kofi Kingston

Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher
  • Paid Members
Posted
12. Christian vs. William Regal (ECW, 19th January 2010)

15. Rey Mysterio vs. The Undertaker - Fatal 4 Way Qualifying Match (WWE Smackdown!, 28th May 2010)

16. Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE Fatal 4 Way, 20th June, 2010)

17. Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger (WWE Money In The Bank, 17th July 2010)

20. Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Raw, 25th October 2010 & WWE SmackDown!, 29th October 2010)

 

Came back to edit and include Drew vs Kofi in my earlier post but I'll second all those suckas too.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...