CZW UK?

LariatTom

Just had a look on Facebook to see the 1PW page has posted a link to it's "newest venture", CZW UK with news apparently coming soon.

There's the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/CZW-UK/145886858797075

It could be something that works, and it seems that with stuff like Triple X Wrestling and IPW having shows at the Tap 'n' Tin there is some sort of calling for hardcore wrestling in the UK. I just wonder whether this is 1PW trying to run before they can walk again with seemingly being involved in some capacity with CZW. Whether this is just CZW doing a couple of shows over here with 1PW or a full promotion running regular shows remains to be seen. I'll be honest, I'm intrigued.

EDIT: Just realised there's a CZW thread further down the page. If mods want to shut this and move discussion to there, then that's fine.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

1PW seems to be based out of Chester and Ellesmere Port next year. What's with that? I mean it's only 10 miles away, so I'll probably go, but why has it moved to there from Yorkshire or wherever it was before?

1PW seems to be based out of Chester and Ellesmere Port next year. What's with that? I mean it's only 10 miles away, so I'll probably go, but why has it moved to there from Yorkshire or wherever it was before?

I think the Doncaster base was mainly because of the links with the Dome venue (could be wrong, but that particular venue seemed to be home more often than not). I

Danny Rodd is based out of Elsmere Port area and Gauntley was based out of Doncaster ( the Middlesbrough crew of inbetween (with others) continued the yorkshire roots)

I won't say much about the CZW UK thing, but there were talks about CZW co-promoting with IPW and I had some very brief approaches this year too. I would also like to add there is SOOO much more to triple X and the IPW Tap 'n tin shows than what people would call violent matches.

I would also like to add there is SOOO much more to triple X and the IPW Tap 'n tin shows than what people would call violent matches.

Absolutely. While I can't speak for the Tap N' Tin shows, Triple X is a wonderful mix of great wrestling, top comedy, insider references, great atmosphere and the occasional hardcore contest.

I would also like to add there is SOOO much more to triple X and the IPW Tap 'n tin shows than what people would call violent matches.

Absolutely. While I can't speak for the Tap N' Tin shows, Triple X is a wonderful mix of great wrestling, top comedy, insider references, great atmosphere and the occasional hardcore contest.

and they tend to do them all quite well as well, dont know about occasional though as the last few shows have all featured hardcore stuff.... and wasnt the 'smash' championship contested against debutants under hardcore rules?

and they tend to do them all quite well as well, dont know about occasional though as the last few shows have all featured hardcore stuff.... and wasnt the 'smash' championship contested against debutants under hardcore rules?

I was being slightly facetious when I said "occasional", but it's not like their cards are littered with garbage brawls. I can't think of a card where they had more hardcore matches than not. In fact, very seldom are there two on the same show.

The Smash title was fought under submission rules, I believe. The Crush title was the hardcore one for debutants only.

Archived