CZW UK?

LariatTom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont wanna take a dump on everyones Victoria sponge but I cant see how this show is going to be a massive success, hardcore wrestling in this country is a very niche market. Most fans in this country barely have a clue that there is wrestling outside of WWE and are under the age of 16.... young kids still make up a large portion of UK show crowds. 1PW hit big with the first few shows by bringing in names which had appeared for WCW and WWE regardless of connections with any other promotion.

I dont wanna take a dump on everyones Victoria sponge but I cant see how this show is going to be a massive success, hardcore wrestling in this country is a very niche market. Most fans in this country barely have a clue that there is wrestling outside of WWE and are under the age of 16.... young kids still make up a large portion of UK show crowds. 1PW hit big with the first few shows by bringing in names which had appeared for WCW and WWE regardless of connections with any other promotion.

I reckon there are a good few of us hardcores that will travel to see a show as rare as this baby.

I'd probably consider going to the show. If there are names on the card that appeal to me, I'll consider it. If it's in a location that's easy for me to get to and at a good date, I'll definitely consider it. While I imagine the shows won't be huge success as in they'll have kids with Cena t-shirts and Rey Mysterio masks (and I doubt the shows would be advertised with children in mind given CZW's nature), the shows will almost certainly appeal to an older more niche audience. Like Richie said, a fair few people will be interested in this. Depending on the size of the venue, they might not sell out buildings and the audience may be "small", but I imagine they'll create a rabid atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know I can confirm for the very first time CZW owner DJ Hyde will be appearing on my brand new radio talk show (April 9th) which starts tomorrow night at 8pm UK www.aftershockradio.tk (Nice cheap plug there :D) I am more than happy to take anyone's questions just PM me them, & i will do my best to ask them! I do plan to speak to him about the UK venture!

• 1 month later...

Would love to do one of these shows (probably the south one), although I am getting more and more ambivalent about the shows since the original announcement for the shows was in February and fans (despite numerous requests for information) are no further forward now than we were then.

Given that a certain Mr Sloan will be announcing more shows for October very shortly (as well as the stellar NOAH shows for next weekend), there are many options for my wrestling pound (either in the UK or US) that I don't need to go chasing promotions to give them my money.

Given that shows are promoted by a company whose reputation is hardly stellar (although I applaud their current attempts to rectify that), I've given up holding my breath waiting for the vanues to be announced and the tickets to go on sale.

To be fair to the company, they've got three shows at the end of the month that would be taking up a lot of their time and attention - or y'know should be - So they completely jumped the gun announcing a show in Sept.

To be fair to the company, they've got three shows at the end of the month that would be taking up a lot of their time and attention - or y'know should be - So they completely jumped the gun announcing a show in Sept.

Agreed - I understand they have other things going on, just after the initial really exciting news, it appears to have become an afterthought (perhaps it's being held down by the Clique lol).

Not looking for match information and have a fair idea of what the ticket prices will be, just looking for the information on the venues (which I would have thought they would know by now).

Archived