CZW UK?

LariatTom

I would be interesting in attending a CZW event, or perhaps one with a few CZW stars and some British talent. Obviously CZW is not all about the death matches and I'd hope to see some good cruiserweight action.

My only concern in regards the hardcore matches is audience safety. In-ring action is fine, but when the wrestlers are brawling around the ring it does get a little dicey - the hardcore brawl at the PW101 Sheffield event was rather hairy!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would also like to add there is SOOO much more to triple X and the IPW Tap 'n tin shows than what people would call violent matches.

Absolutely. While I can't speak for the Tap N' Tin shows, Triple X is a wonderful mix of great wrestling, top comedy, insider references, great atmosphere and the occasional hardcore contest.

and they tend to do them all quite well as well, dont know about occasional though as the last few shows have all featured hardcore stuff.... and wasnt the 'smash' championship contested against debutants under hardcore rules?

I was being slightly facetious when I said "occasional", but it's not like their cards are littered with garbage brawls. I can't think of a card where they had more hardcore matches than not. In fact, very seldom are there two on the same show.

The Smash title was fought under submission rules, I believe. The Crush title was the hardcore one for debutants only.

i do bow to your superior front row knowledge on that front, i remembered the 24-7 rule on the axe championship but the other two failed me slightly.

My only concern in regards the hardcore matches is audience safety. In-ring action is fine, but when the wrestlers are brawling around the ring it does get a little dicey - the hardcore brawl at the PW101 Sheffield event was rather hairy!

Adds to the excitement doesn

Sheffield was nuts. A tiny room, absolutely rammed and THE most insane brawl I have ever experienced live.

No crowd barriers. Wrestlers brawling right next to you. Chairs flying everywhere, drawing pins, light tubes, burning chairs. Venue was destroyed. Absolute carnage. Chairs were strewn everywhere afterwards. Everyone had to set-up their seats again. It was kind of "Is that my chair? What the one thats bent and still on fire? Yeah."

Sheffield was nuts. A tiny room, absolutely rammed and THE most insane brawl I have ever experienced live.

No crowd barriers. Wrestlers brawling right next to you. Chairs flying everywhere, drawing pins, light tubes, burning chairs. Venue was destroyed. Absolute carnage. Chairs were strewn everywhere afterwards. Everyone had to set-up their seats again. It was kind of "Is that my chair? What the one thats bent and still on fire? Yeah."

I wish I was there for that, it sounds absolute anarchy. I would

It was actually my mates chair that got set on fire, one of Jimmy Havok's chairs went missing when he was setting up the flaming chair spot, he shouted "Where the fuck's my chair?", so my mate just passed him his. I'd love to get that show on DVD, it was an absolutely insane match!

A few years ago there was quite a buzz about CZW on the forums here and now it seems to haved died down. I am just thinking from a business perspective if CZW will still have a name value to draw a decent sized house at a venue in the UK and still turn a profit for all the hard work involved?

Archived