u torrent help

pro-rebeluk

ok so i just got virgin 50mb broadband installed and got a new modem and router and have just set it all up but for some reason now the download speed on the torrent i'm downloading is running slower than the upload speed which is abit of a problem :( anyone go any idea how i can fix this cause i'm officially clueless as to what has caused this to happen because there is definately more seeds than leachers on the torrent so i'm stumped.

help please

depending on which verson you have (mines not the newest but I assume its not that different)

go to 'options' then 'preferances', then select the 'bandwidth' option. You should see the first option as 'Global Upload Rate Limiting'. You will see an option called 'Maximum upload rate (kB/s): [o: unlimited]'. Set it to about 5 and click Apply

hope this helps

Something to do with Virgin Media's capping on torrents?

this a new thing? cause it was working fine yesterday, literally has only just happened today since the new router and modem went in and the speed was upgraded

http://portforward.com/

I'm guessing this will help.

cheers for that site but its no saying anything just trying to sell me a program

Something to do with Virgin Media's capping on torrents?

this a new thing? cause it was working fine yesterday, literally has only just happened today since the new router and modem went in and the speed was upgraded

http://portforward.com/

I'm guessing this will help.

cheers for that site but its no saying anything just trying to sell me a program

Find your router then click the top right corner to skip the advert.

I have a friend whos on Virgin. They really dont like Torrents, I hear they block them during the day allowing them in the early hours from 1am-7am, Also cut your upload speed to 1kb/s at upload speed can sometimes effect your download speed.

My mate has switched Rapidshare/Megaupload to avoid torrents.

There is no caps at all on 50MB broadband, that's defo not the issue here.

Strange my mate finds torrents Capped during the day leading him to switch to RS and MU this was virgin them selfs.

Cant wait to switch from Orange to Virgin even 10mb sounds good to the 8mb well 5mb at 1am till 8am and then its just 1.5mb during the day

I was well chuffed i have got 20mb broadband with Virgin Media and done a speed test and my actual connection speed is 18.92mb. My next door neighbour has 20mb broadband with BT and their best is 12mb.

Archived