Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like they've got referees for other games as well but they just don't want to confirm yet.

Could do with one for Cappielow please !

Would you believe that the SFL has just announced that, after drawing lots, the Morton-Falkirk game is the only SFL game (outside of the Challenge Cup) to be played this weekend!

This Phil guy seems to have a right good source inside the SFA, I reckon it's probably one of 3 or 4 people with one being the stand out for me. Why isn't his stuff being picked up by any newspaper ove rhere though? I mean I can uderstand the shitrags but you think we'd have ehard at least a bit more on it, particularly from the BBC given they have to be impartial. (Ha!)

Also the referees who have been sourced and who officiate the games this weekend are the lowest of the low.

This Phil guy seems to have a right good source inside the SFA, I reckon it's probably one of 3 or 4 people with one being the stand out for me. Why isn't his stuff being picked up by any newspaper ove rhere though? I mean I can uderstand the shitrags but you think we'd have ehard at least a bit more on it, particularly from the BBC given they have to be impartial. (Ha!)

Also the referees who have been sourced and who officiate the games this weekend are the lowest of the low.

They're really not. Although I suppose this has more to do with general politics than football but if somebody doesn't want to do a job and somebody else does then good on them. They're helping our game run smoothly and that is an advnatage to Scottish Football. Take the challenge cup final for example. It's already something that's difficult to get sponsorship for. Who's going to want to sponsor or support the competition if there's a perception that the SFL can't even guarantee the final to go ahead.

Scottish refs should man up. Yes it's not pleasant to be constantly criticised by everyone but there's rules in place to deal with this. Neil Lennon is getting a long ban and he isn't the first one. If their families are getting threatened then it's a police matter. More respect for referees would be great and if it could be a bit more like rugby then that would be brilliant. But bitching and moaning because people are questionning them when it's been proven that one of them was completely dishonest and isn't really receiving any sort of punishment really makes them look quite pathetic.

And as others have said it's perhaps the first ever strike that doesn't have any specific demands, which is odd.

Away and have a word with yourself. I know you are a referee and all that, but this strike has zero credibility at all. Clubs stand to lose hundreds of thousands in revenue and advertising because they are being held to ransom by these guys. The strike has also been proven as a bargaining chip for Dallas to get away with his crimes. Fuck the referees and their pathetic stand.

If there is a picket line at Celtic Park on Saturday, I will actively make sure to cross it.

Phil has just posted another article on his site. It says that when a grade one official was asked what the strike could actually achieve, they didn't have an answer.

All this strike will achieve is people realising how poor our referees are compared to foreign officials. I'm not saying foreign officials get everything right, they just won't get as much wrong.

Anyway, referees from European nations have been secured and the six SPL fixtures and the Alba Challenge Cup Final will go ahead as scheduled.

Ah the old broom is out again. Let's sweep our clubs disgraceful behaviour under the rug because Refs have now been sourced.

Out of interest, what action would you want taken if the Tannadice incident was a Rangers game and the manager lied to was Walter Smith?

Away and have a word with yourself. I know you are a referee and all that, but this strike has zero credibility at all. Clubs stand to lose hundreds of thousands in revenue and advertising because they are being held to ransom by these guys. The strike has also been proven as a bargaining chip for Dallas to get away with his crimes. Fuck the referees and their pathetic stand.

If there is a picket line at Celtic Park on Saturday, I will actively make sure to cross it.

Firstly, my opinion of these scabs has nothing to do with me being a referee, it's politically motivated. I don't believe in strike breaking or crossing picket lines, simple as that.

Secondly, I have mixed opinions on the strike. I understand it's hard to accept one of the grievenaces being questioning of thieir integrity after the McDonald fiasco but there are other officials involved in the strike who have had this happen to them also. The fact that referees personal lives are now being affected to the extent of nuisance phonecalls and more is adequate enough reason to strke IMO because this behaviour can be directly attributed to the pre and post match comments made by managers and the type of behaviour displayed by Neil Lennon at Tynecastle. And this isn't just a problem for guys on the senior list btw. The lack of respect shown to referees by the likes of Jim Jefferies and Neil Lennon ahs an impact all the way down to amateur and youth level. Just this Monday I was at Hampden in fron of a disciplinary committee because a group of guys at an amateur game told me, and this a direct quote, "After this game we're going to punch your cunt right in." Now, thse guys were morons even without football being in the mix but the way top level players and managers behave undoubtedly contributes to this behaviour.

Thirdly, there is some evidece that Dallas tried to use his influence as a bargaiing chip. There is no suggestion whatsoever from what I can see that any of the striking referees were involved or even aware of this.

Fourthly, away you and have a word with old Maggie. She was right behind the idea of delibrately crossing picket lines.

Phil has just posted another article on his site. It says that when a grade one official was asked what the strike could actually achieve, they didn't have an answer.

All this strike will achieve is people realising how poor our referees are compared to foreign officials. I'm not saying foreign officials get everything right, they just won't get as much wrong.

Just out of interest, what are you basing this on?

What happens if a Polish/German/Azerbaijani ref gives a penalty to the opposition against Celtic/Rangers/Another, are they part of the conspiracy too? All those involved should be ashamed. I want to go to football at the weekend and support my club. I can't do that because some managers and players are too stubborn (read: idiots) to man up, take a ban or admit they went too far and get on with it.

Allegedly the replacement refs were lied to by Regan about the reasons for the strike - they were told it was about pay.

To be fair, if it WAS about pay I could have more sympathy for them, at least then they'd have a real reason for doing it. This is probably the only time I'm advocating crossing of a picket line and that's because this strike has no legitimate basis.

Archived