Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
A sombre, solemn atmosphere filled the stadium at Ibrox Park on Saturday at the half-time as our brave and dignified sailors were paraded to pay tribute to those who gave their lives in defence of this great, proud nation...

...oh, wait...

I'd have to agree with Soapy regarding this video. Surely they can't have thought that this was the right behaviour for a day such as the one on Saturday. There behaviour there is like a bunch of kids at a play-park.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should do what Strachan did when he got a similar calling from the SFA, bring along a good lawyer and walk away with next to no punishment.

Alternatively, he can stop acting like a foul mouthed, spoilt, 10 year old brat, and begin acting like a professional sports manager and take the consequences of his actions, and alter his ways.

Why should he lie down and take anything from an organisation which has openly admitted to lying to him?

Because he broke conduct rules.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

He should do what Strachan did when he got a similar calling from the SFA, bring along a good lawyer and walk away with next to no punishment.

Alternatively, he can stop acting like a foul mouthed, spoilt, 10 year old brat, and begin acting like a professional sports manager and take the consequences of his actions, and alter his ways.

Why should he lie down and take anything from an organisation which has openly admitted to lying to him?

Because he broke conduct rules.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

He quite undertandably contested an extraordinary decision which went against his team. The day we take passion away from football is the day that the sport dies. Could his words ("they're probably getting their story straight") have been chosen better? Probably. But with the treatment Lennon has received in recent weeks his frustration is understandable.

As a Celtic fan I find Neil Lennon's attitude to be a breath of fresh air when compared to his predecessor's "take it on the chin" mantra.

• Paid Members
He quite undertandably contested an extraordinary decision which went against his team. The day we take passion away from football is the day that the sport dies. Could his words ("they're probably getting their story straight") have been chosen better? Probably. But with the treatment Lennon has received in recent weeks his frustration is understandable.

As a Celtic fan I find Neil Lennon's attitude to be a breath of fresh air when compared to his predecessor's "take it on the chin" mantra.

I like how this has allowed Gary Hoopers booking for diving to be forgotten about - unlike his dive (and attempt to con the ref) against Dundee United though.

I like how this has allowed Gary Hoopers booking for diving to be forgotten about - unlike his dive (and attempt to con the ref) against Dundee United though.

This.

He seems to have a severe case of Selective memory. Which seems to have been going about the east end of Glasgow for a good few years.

People are talking about how Lennon should take the Redknapp approach and threaten to boycott the media. I think this would be ideal. No more picking up the paper on a Monday morning looking at that fat, ginger ogre complaining about how the referee didn't have his laces tied properly or how his yellow card was a different shade of yellow to other referees.

It's funny how Hooper has been booked in three of the four games he's played in since he spoke out about Scottish referees, isn't it?

Nothing in it of course, it's just one of those things...

It's funny how Hooper has been booked in three of the four games he's played in since he spoke out about Scottish referees, isn't it?

Nothing in it of course, it's just one of those things...

It's a conspiracy.

Eh? What the fuck are you talking about you bloody goon? How did Hooper attempt to "con the ref" when Gary Kenneth hauled him back when he was through on goal?

For me, that's what the penalty-gate issue is about. The one with Pernis is irrelevant because the actions that happened about a second and a half beforehand were definitely a stonewall penalty.

I wouldn't agree with that scotland team is anywhere near the chech game... More attack minded players...

Bardsley, crainey, maloney, commons and adam can all get forward and help mackie upfront...

So its a good team to try out...

Adam 13/2 first scorer, having a go on that each way for definite.

So, just to clarify, you think there's an anti-Celtic agenda ?

Just being clear here, because my thoughts on it aren't exactly that far off of that.

I don't think it's as "organised" as some Celtic fans like to think it is, but i'm fairly certain that there are a few officials, and certain people in instrumental positions within the SFA who certainly don't mind seeing the club get shafted.

Archived