Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A sombre, solemn atmosphere filled the stadium at Ibrox Park on Saturday at the half-time as our brave and dignified sailors were paraded to pay tribute to those who gave their lives in defence of this great, proud nation...

...oh, wait...

As expected, a bunch of Huns acting true to form by making a mockery of the whole thing and giving PROVOCATIVE (this is the correct context, Ally) gestures to the away fans:

A sad and pathetic display all round.

2zdqhit.jpg

I can't even make out what the guy is doing in the photo. What's he doing?

Edit: Just realized it's a video.

Have you even watched it, where are the provocative gestures to the away support? The away fans sit in the corner. This video is taken from behind the Broomloan. He slips on the grass and puts his hand up in the air. What's the problem there? Is it automatically a red hand salute because it's his right arm. The lad at the end I'll give you, but he was clearly just a ned.

So basically what I'm asking is, what is your point?

• Paid Members
A sombre, solemn atmosphere filled the stadium at Ibrox Park on Saturday at the half-time as our brave and dignified sailors were paraded to pay tribute to those who gave their lives in defence of this great, proud nation...

...oh, wait...

As expected, a bunch of Huns acting true to form by making a mockery of the whole thing and giving PROVOCATIVE (this is the correct context, Ally) gestures to the away fans:

A sad and pathetic display all round.

2zdqhit.jpg

I can't even make out what the guy is doing in the photo. What's he doing?

Edit: Just realized it's a video.

Have you even watched it, where are the provocative gestures to the away support? The away fans sit in the corner. This video is taken from behind the Broomloan. He slips on the grass and puts his hand up in the air. What's the problem there? Is it automatically a red hand salute because it's his right arm?

In fairness they were making "wanker" gestures, but seeing as he was getting slagged and laughed at for falling over I thought it was a fair exchange.

Non-story this one i'm afraid.

Fair enough

Scotland team to face Faroe Islands: C Gordon, P Bardsley, S Caldwell, D Wilson, S Crainey, K Commons, D Fletcher, C Adam, B Bannan, S Maloney, J Mackie

Probably a 4-1-4-1 formation; if we were playing away though I'd say it looked eerily similar to the ol' Levein 4-6-0 one.

The Lennon/SFA feud looks set to continue.

Neil Lennon's feud with the SFA took a dramatic twist last night when it emerged the Celtic manager is set to have his touchline ban doubled to four games.

Record Sport understands Lennon - who was in line for an automatic two-match suspension after being sent to the stand during his side's 2-0 defeat at Hearts last week - now faces an additional charge of excessive misconduct for his furious reaction to the dismissal.

And that is almost certain to result in Lennon being hammered with another two games - as well as being brought up on a THIRD rap for comments made immediately after the Tynecastle clash which could earn him a hefty fine.

The news will have stunned Lennon who as recently as Sunday was so adamant about his innocence that he repeated his intent ion to lodge an appeal against what he thought at the time would be just a two-game ban.

Now he could spend most of next month banished to the directors' box for games against Kilmarnock, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Motherwell.

Lennon will discover his fate on December 7 when the disciplinary committee meet.

But he could be on the Hampden carpet before then to answer to the general purposes committee on November 29 for his blistering post-match attack on ref Craig Thomson and fourth official Steve McLean.

The Northern Irishman could be hit in the pocket for slaughtering Thomson's performance and suggesting the officials might concoct a cover story to explain why Lennon had been ordered off - a clear reference to the Dougie McDonald Whistlegate scandal at Tannadice.

While Lennon might have expected to be hauled up for those remarks he is likely to be furious at the charge of excessive misconduct that could see his ban doubled.

Ironically, Hearts boss Jim Jefferies was hit with the same extra two-match ban earlier this season for losing the plot during a defeat at Parkhead.

He should do what Strachan did when he got a similar calling from the SFA, bring along a good lawyer and walk away with next to no punishment.

Alternatively, he can stop acting like a foul mouthed, spoilt, 10 year old brat, and begin acting like a professional sports manager and take the consequences of his actions, and alter his ways.

Alternatively, he can stop acting like a foul mouthed, spoilt, 10 year old brat, and begin acting like a professional sports manager and take the consequences of his actions, and alter his ways.

I agree.

He should do all of that when the SFA finally get themselves together. Until then, he has every right to challenge them.

I agree.

He should do all of that when the SFA finally get themselves together. Until then, he has every right to challenge them.

Ofcourse he has the right to appeal, and the SFA have the right to tell him to take a run a jump.

Re the running if Scottish football, I maintain that it's an utter embarassment that we have 5 different governing bodies over our whole game, as opposed to one. And don't get me started on it's makey up rules and consequences.

He should do what Strachan did when he got a similar calling from the SFA, bring along a good lawyer and walk away with next to no punishment.

Why should he lie down and take anything from an organisation which has openly admitted to lying to him?

Why should he lie down and take anything from an organisation which has openly admitted to lying to him?

Exactly.

I'm as far from being a Celtic fan as it gets, but even I back Lennon in this situation.

If what he does results in some changes at the top level of the SFA eventually, then we will all owe him a debt of gratitude.

Archived