Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Danny Wilson has more high level experience than Mark Reynolds. 15 games or not.

:laugh:

I think it's good that your support of your team isn't clouding your judgement.

Seriously, give it a rest. I almost hope he does make his debut and scores a hat-trick of own goals just to shut you up about this 'amazing' centre back. I wanted to see him the squad too but I'm not going to moan about the fact that he's not. He's not a game breaker.

My support isn't clouding my judgement at all, i'm simply stating an opinion.

Reynolds has played over 160 times for Motherwell in the SPL, is 23 years old and has been instrumental in the club punching well above it's weight in recent seasons.

He's a quality player, and whilst he may not be amazing (a claim that i've never made) he's certainly overdue his crack in the Scotland team.

Don't even get me started on Levein calling up that tit Kevin Kyle whilst rubbering Jamie Murphy...

No Shaun Maloney either?

As I said, Levein is a joke. I hope Scotland get fucked in every game they play and fail miserably to qualify.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
No reason to not support your country though. Vogts was a dick, so what? No sane person would want the Scotland job.

Hating the absolute dickheads that make up the "self policing" Tartan Army is a much better reason to not support the team.

Maloney is in the squad.

He's not (unless he has been drafted in as a replacement for one of the call-off's, but I can't see anything saying as much on the BBC site)

I agree with David here. Half a season in the SPL and an embarrassing performance in the Carling Cup against Northampton doesn't make Danny Wilson an international footballer, even if we are talking about Scotland. It really is bizarre that Craig Levein continues to overlook Mark Reynolds, who has performed at a consistently good level through his career at Motherwell.

He's not (unless he has been drafted in as a replacement for one of the call-off's, but I can't see anything saying as much on the BBC site)

He's been drafted in due to the loss of Naismith apparently.

He should have been in anyway to be honest, he's been decent this season.

Anyone see Airdrie's matchday programme on Saturday....?

30a6cxx.jpg

And this from their website:

Saturday's Match Programme PDF Print E-mail

I would like to unreservedly apologise for the error on our Remembrance programme which resulted in the wrong photograph being used for the front cover.

The original match sponsor for the game was Network Rail so I decided to base our Remembrance programme images on wartime trains. A number of photos were considered and when the final choice was made, the wrong image was lifted which was almost identical to the one that I had selected. Unfortunately it showed German soldiers instead of allied troops with the nurses.

As a Club, we are hugely supportive of Remembrance and have dedicated our Remembrance weekend programme to poppyscotland for a number of years. We always have a minutes silence and we also played in special strips bearing the poppy, all of which makes the programme gaffe very embarrassing.

Personally, I am devastated at this unfortunate mistake as I am immensely passionate about Remembrance and wear my poppy with pride, however you can be assured that the same mistake will never be made again.

Jim Ballantyne

Chairman

Airdrie United FC

:laugh:

Neil Lennon is on a collision course with the SFA that could see him have to answer FOUR cases in the next 25 days.

And striker Gary Hooper is also set to be carpeted for his comments last week about refs being biased against Celtic.

Lennon faces a mandatory two-game dugout ban as a result of being sent from the technical area during his side

I agree about comments in the heat of the moment after the game not being punished as the managers are still emotional about what happened, but other than that, the managers or players should be smart enough to not answer the questions and if they don't. If they choose to, it's their own fault.

A sombre, solemn atmosphere filled the stadium at Ibrox Park on Saturday at the half-time as our brave and dignified sailors were paraded to pay tribute to those who gave their lives in defence of this great, proud nation...

...oh, wait...

As expected, a bunch of Huns acting true to form by making a mockery of the whole thing and giving PROVOCATIVE (this is the correct context, Ally) gestures to the away fans:

A sad and pathetic display all round.

2zdqhit.jpg

Archived