Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
If Dundee can keep hold of Harkins and Griffiths in January i would still fancy them to stay up.

Your dandy Dons were the team mentioned regarding Griffiths martyn and St Johnstone apparently were the ones trying to get Harkins; either way i think it's inevitable they will both be away come January.

We tried to sign Griffiths before he went to Dundee. Apparently the

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not defending McCulloch's challenge, but there's no doubt that had he signed for Celtic way back when, he'd instead be "a strong gritty midfielder, just the type of guy we need to inspire at Celtic Park" or some other such bollocks. It really is tiresome.

How can there be "no doubt about it"? I'm a Celtic supporter and I certainly wouldn't welcome the type of animal that Lee McCulloch is in a Celtic shirt. Gordon Strachan used to say that Barry Robson brought a "bit of dig" to the Celtic team. Nowhere near the type of player that Lee McCulloch is, yet conduct a straw poll amongst the Celtic support and I would suggest that a sizeable number were glad to see Robson go last year, I know I was. People like Lee McCulloch, and to a lesser extent Barry Robson, bring nothing to a football team.

Except 2 league titles, a CIS Cup, A Scottish cup and a UEFA Cup Final appearance, a few key goals in big games (E.g Header Vs Lyon) And he was pretty prominent in all of those. Comment on your own team and what your own players offer. McCulloch had brought lots to our team over the years. Granted he's not the best football player I've ever seen and he has his shaky moments but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

It's funny how you seem to have an agenda against the way Lee plays but Celtic fans the world over are marvelling at their "No Nonsense" White Balde. What exactly does the "No Nonsense" mean?

You know exactly what it means. And so do I. But let's just conveniently forget this and have a go at McCulloch.

On the Dundee matter I think it's a disgrace the amount of points they were docked. I have no affiliation to Dundee at all but surely we should be helping the clubs in the lower divisions stay alive at times like this and no basically sign their death warrants?

I don't think the punishment in itself is harsh. I think they should have delayed the punishment untill the end of the season though. The problem with such a punishment is that now fans will be deflated and feel that relegation is pretty much sealed and not turn up. They should have waited and then relegated them at the end of the season, which would have at least meant the crowds weren't brought down. This hasn't helped matters at all.

It's not the job of the SFL/SFA to keep the clubs alive though. It's their jobs to discourage the level of cheating that Dundee have done. If they slapped Dundee on the wrists, it would not have sent a message and the same thing could easily happen down the line.

I'm assuming that the "White Balde" you refer to is Dan Majstorovic?

I think you'll find that most Celtic fans liken him more to Johan Mjallby than Bobo Balde. But then I haven't spoken to Celtic fans "the world over" as you seemingly have.

Also never heard anyone use the phrase "no nonsense" in reference to him, nor have I ever seen him kung fu kick a player the way Lee McCulloch did on Saturday.

I haven't "conveniently forgotten" anything. You said that Celtic fans would see Lee McCulloch in a different light if he was a Celtic player. I used the example of Barry Robson to suggest otherwise.

So I've no idea what Dan Majstorovic has to do with anything. Lee McCulloch should have been sent off on Saturday, regardless of any whatabouttery.

I never said McCulloch never deserved to be sent off. I said Foran deserved it and that McCulloch offers a lot more to the team than just kicking and elbowing people as you seem to think.

I also said that had the referee made the correct decision and sent Foran off in the first half, none of this would have happened.

I never said McCulloch never deserved to be sent off. I said Foran deserved it and that McCulloch offers a lot more to the team than just kicking and elbowing people as you seem to think.

I also said that had the referee made the correct decision and sent Foran off in the first half, none of this would have happened.

Was this before or after Davie Weir committed yet another tired foul and brought Foran down in the box, resulting in Caley being denied a stonewall penalty? Foran's transgression wasn't in the highlights (nor was Elbows' kung fu kick, for that matter).

Just to chip in on the Dougie McDonald fiasco. I was LOL'ing my head off at him comparing the blatent lie he told to Lennon and the SFA official to parents telling their kids that a man in a red suit comes down the chimmney at Christmas.

Couldn't make it up, what an absolutle arsehole.

Was this before or after Davie Weir committed yet another tired foul and brought Foran down in the box, resulting in Caley being denied a stonewall penalty? Foran's transgression wasn't in the highlights (nor was Elbows' kung fu kick, for that matter).

This was before. Foran should have been sent off halfway through the first half for his tackle. Weir's tackle (Which as you say should have been a penelty) was at the very start of the second half.

People like Lee McCulloch, and to a lesser extent Barry Robson, bring nothing to a football team.

Except 2 league titles, a CIS Cup, A Scottish cup and a UEFA Cup Final appearance, a few key goals in big games (E.g Header Vs Lyon) And he was pretty prominent in all of those. Comment on your own team and what your own players offer. McCulloch had brought lots to our team over the years. Granted he's not the best football player I've ever seen and he has his shaky moments but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I think it's a disgrace the amount of points they were docked. I have no affiliation to Dundee at all but surely we should be helping the clubs in the lower divisions stay alive at times like this and no basically sign their death warrants?

You've surely changed your tune....

It's about all he's good for kicking and elbowing. He's the worst midfielder I've seen at ibrox. And I'm talking worse than Emerson and Capucho.

People like Lee McCulloch, and to a lesser extent Barry Robson, bring nothing to a football team.

I think it's a disgrace the amount of points they were docked. I have no affiliation to Dundee at all but surely we should be helping the clubs in the lower divisions stay alive at times like this and no basically sign their death warrants?

You've surely changed your tune....

It's about all he's good for kicking and elbowing. He's the worst midfielder I've seen at ibrox. And I'm talking worse than Emerson and Capucho.

Haha, good find.

I don't think I've made it any secret I've not always been his biggest fan.

Jim Traynor, head of sport for The Sunday Mail, has said that Steven Craven did not get paid for his interview. So that blows the theory that he was jumping "for his 20 pieces of silver" from another linesman out of the water.

Archived