Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record. Grant Gallagher didn't join Stranraer on a Bosman. He was released by Celtic, otherwise Stranraer (and anyone else) would have paid a fee. Also, it's a bit of cheek to point how many players have left and add in youth/reserve players who had never featured.

No but that's hardly the point. Why is it sensible that Celtic are favourites to win the title when we have lose our two best players?

Seriously guys, any help with that ignore button would be good.

Because you have a bigger squad, more money, a new manager and don't have any European football to distract from your domestic duties.

As much as it pains me to agree with DicktorWho, he has a single solitary good point when he says that Celtic should definitely be the favourites this season.

Apart from that mind, he's a bellend and considerably weakens any point I or any other Rangers fans dare to attempt to make for our team.

We have an inexperienced manager, and the reason we don't have European football is because we got pumped 4-0 against Utrecht so it's hardly looking rosy this season for us. Where as, Walter Smith, is a vastly experienced manager who has won the league the last two years in a row without signing a player.

Rangers aren't much worse off than last season, the only players you will miss are Kris Boyd and Kevin Thomson, all in my opinion of course. Boyd, however, may have been replaced.

Also, we do have more money but Rangers had a higher net spend than us this season.

soap, theres a reason that the bookies have lennon from 16/1 to 3/1 to be first manager sacked.... he was refreshing at first with honesty but when things arent going his way he gets all pissy and moany. His team are great when winning but lose a goal and ur fucked and implode. Motherwell they didnt even look like scoring and needed a VERY VERY soft penalty for the win. Youve not played the better teams yet in the league like dundee utd, hearts and hibs..those are ur tests. we'll see how The right hon. Neil Lennon deals with a few losses, cause to be honest, i think he will lose the fans quickly with his attitude

Fucking hell, you're a bigoted cunt. Even David, the Motherwell fan, has admitted it was a clear fucking penalty. You are actually as of now going to be the first ever person I've put onto ignore on a forum. I echo the post aboves sentiments.

EDIT: Just made a cunt of myself, wheres the ignore button? :laugh:

I'd like to know how him disagreeing with a Ref decision makes him a "Bigoted cunt" ?

soap, theres a reason that the bookies have lennon from 16/1 to 3/1 to be first manager sacked.... he was refreshing at first with honesty but when things arent going his way he gets all pissy and moany. His team are great when winning but lose a goal and ur fucked and implode. Motherwell they didnt even look like scoring and needed a VERY VERY soft penalty for the win. Youve not played the better teams yet in the league like dundee utd, hearts and hibs..those are ur tests. we'll see how The right hon. Neil Lennon deals with a few losses, cause to be honest, i think he will lose the fans quickly with his attitude

Fucking hell, you're a bigoted cunt. Even David, the Motherwell fan, has admitted it was a clear fucking penalty. You are actually as of now going to be the first ever person I've put onto ignore on a forum. I echo the post aboves sentiments.

I'd like to know how him disagreeing with a Ref decision makes him a "Bigoted cunt" ?

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

It was a clear penalty.

mate, ive gave up arguing with him. just picks bits and pieces out sentences...yea, ive got some strong, pro-rangers opinions but sometimes people just because they dont like your point shout bigot bigot bigot and that makes them feel the arguement is null

anyways... c'mon Rangers tomorrow. Hoping Jelavic and Miller get a couple goals each and Foster puts in a decent performance at right back. Maybe Hearts do us a favour in Celtics first real test of the season

• Paid Members
It was a clear penalty.

The only people who don't think that are Rangers fans.

And bigoted cunts ;)

Is there a difference?

I jest, I jest :laugh:

2-1 to Gers today....

After getting off to a flyer in first 6 mins, with help from Kyle Lafferty's only contribution to the 2010-11 season, we were very poor... Hamilton were not great by any means, but both teams seemed to just get stuck in the middle of park, giving hamilton more emphasis to go on and take some shots at goal from distance, on another day, a few couldve gone in. Not happy with Weiss on bench, better only be because he is starting on tuesday night, which i cant see because we are going to be defensive.

In the end, we've ground out a result again by playing right to the whistle, good finish from king kenny

Tic up 2-0 at the moment... look good going forward, still have alot of weaknesses in defence though

and i just won the superscore board competition on clyde 1 for a James McFadden print :) wooooooo

I have to admit, the fact that the Tims still haven't conceeded a goal is pretty impressive. Especially after the European performances.

Big "Dado" Jelavic looks some player for us. First time I've been excited about a new signing since McLeish's reign. Even though that was Nuno fucking Capucho.

Excellent performance from Celtic again. Our league form has been exemplary thus far. Thank the good dude for St. Paddy - he is the most entertaining, unpredictable and dare I say best player in the league at the moment. My veneration of him is almost reaching man-crush stage: just thinking about Paddy McCourt makes me smile. What a guy.

I'm also pretty impressed with the way the rest of the team is playing. James Forrest is a superb young player and has a very bright future ahead of him, bags of potential there. Izaguirre seems to have rectified our left back problems, and Maloney seems to have reached his best and most consistent vein of form since his return to the club (even if he did miss a few sitters today). Murphy also silenced my doubts today and I thought he had a fine game.

Archived