Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Wow. A typically traditional and Rangers-like display at Easter Road this afternoon.

Good to see Kyle Lafferty isn't immune to red cards for his fucking inbred Hun behaviour after all.

If only they were honourable like the saintly Celtic, eh? Once again, Soapy tries to take the moral high ground. At least if it was a non-Celtic fan saying it, they'd have a leg to stand on.

Absolutely laughable display from McGregor, mind. Laugherty is just a dick and I've said before that I want rid of him, but Allan's behaviour is awful and frankly I'd like to see Smith drop him in favour of playing Alexander. He, much like his aforementioned team-mate, just doesn't learn.

Just while Alexander is mentioned, am I the only one who thinks he is actually better than McGregor?

Great performance from us today and nice to here a good atmosphere at Celtic Park. When Maloney and Fortune hit the post there was a surge of noise from the crowd and it really showed the fans are starting to get behind the team. Thank god for that as I don't know how much more of the fans getting on the players backs at every small thing I could take.

nice to hear the self-proclaimed "greatest fans in the world" are back behind their team after beating the relegation fodder 4-0.... normal service will resume the first time u coume up against a hibs or hearts and dont play well.. still dont think lennon will be there next season

Coming from a Rangers fan that is hilarious what with you being "ra peepil".

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are they affording new players? They have signed 1 player on a free? They have no paid any fee's for the players they have in?

They've brought in Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana & Martin John, as well as Craig Bellamy.

Are all of these players playing for free? Or are Cardiff paying at least part of their wages?

The people in charge of Motherwell have seen enough evidence to suggest that Cardiff should be paying for the signing of Paul Quinn, and they'll be taking legal action to get their money.

It's really as simple as that.

And that isn't what happens when clubs go into administration.

I assume you've been doing your homework on what happens when a club goes into administration, eh? ;)

Wow. A typically traditional and Rangers-like display at Easter Road this afternoon.

Good to see Kyle Lafferty isn't immune to red cards for his fucking inbred Hun behaviour after all.

If only they were honourable like the saintly Celtic, eh? Once again, Soapy tries to take the moral high ground. At least if it was a non-Celtic fan saying it, they'd have a leg to stand on.

Absolutely laughable display from McGregor, mind. Laugherty is just a dick and I've said before that I want rid of him, but Allan's behaviour is awful and frankly I'd like to see Smith drop him in favour of playing Alexander. He, much like his aforementioned team-mate, just doesn't learn.

Just while Alexander is mentioned, am I the only one who thinks he is actually better than McGregor?

Great performance from us today and nice to here a good atmosphere at Celtic Park. When Maloney and Fortune hit the post there was a surge of noise from the crowd and it really showed the fans are starting to get behind the team. Thank god for that as I don't know how much more of the fans getting on the players backs at every small thing I could take.

nice to hear the self-proclaimed "greatest fans in the world" are back behind their team after beating the relegation fodder 4-0.... normal service will resume the first time u coume up against a hibs or hearts and dont play well.. still dont think lennon will be there next season

Coming from a Rangers fan that is hilarious what with you being "ra peepil".

...oh, i apologise, when did I say that?

and on a football point, i agree, Alexander is a better keeping and person that mcgregor who just loves trying to start fights during games. He got a beating off his bird so i dont know why he kids on hes a tough guy at matches

• Paid Members
How are they affording new players? They have signed 1 player on a free? They have no paid any fee's for the players they have in?

They've brought in Jason Koumas, Tom Heaton, Danny Drinkwater, Seyi Olofinjana & Martin John, as well as Craig Bellamy.

Are all of these players playing for free? Or are Cardiff paying at least part of their wages?

The people in charge of Motherwell have seen enough evidence to suggest that Cardiff should be paying for the signing of Paul Quinn, and they'll be taking legal action to get their money.

It's really as simple as that.

All are loans apart from 1. Paying a player a % of wages is not the same as affording to bring in new player's. Have Motherwell brought any new players when they owe old 1's wage's?

Nice dodge though. :music:

I'm not dodging anything.

Motherwell are in the process of taking legal action against Cardiff, and i'll assume that their lawyers know a bit more about the situation than some football fans on a message board.

They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't have a case.

If the players who didn't get paid by Motherwell back in 2002 had a case they should take Motherwell to court and get their money, shouldn't they?

Nice dodge though. :music:

I'm not dodging anything.

Motherwell are in the process of taking legal action against Cardiff, and i'll assume that their lawyers know a bit more about the situation than some football fans on a message board.

They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't have a case.

If the players who didn't get paid by Motherwell back in 2002 had a case they should take Motherwell to court and get their money, shouldn't they?

you are both arguing here now for the sake of it.... basically, the facts are cardiff had their transfer embargo lifted and can sign loan players ( up to 5 of them ) , and it is a bit of a cheek adding a player to your wage bill, even if its only 20k a week or so they are paying when you owe another team money.... but on the other hand, it is double standards on John Boyles part to say I want my money when there are 19 guys that he took the easy route with and through a technicality basically dodged having to pay them

• Paid Members

Motherwell have took Cardiff to court in Scotland already. Cardiff never turned up, Cardiff have paid half the money off already. From what I read as long as Cardiff service the debt then Motherwell wont get the rest in another lump sum.

The problem is, they had zero contact from Cardiff regarding the situation.

The club issued a statement a week or so ago;

Further to an initial statement issued on Thursday 22nd July, Motherwell Football Club have today issued the following press release relating to the transfer of Paul Quinn to Cardiff City FC.

Cardiff City owe Motherwell Football Club

Walter Smith and Martin Bain are facing another fierce battle with the bankers to keep Kenny Miller at Rangers.

Record Sport can reveal the Scotland striker - who bagged a hat-trick against Hibs on Sunday to take his tally to four goals in his first two SPL games - has been asked to take a pay cut on a new deal as part of the ongoing financial squeeze that has been ordered by the money men.

Miller, who has entered the final year of his Ibrox contract, has rejected the offer and his future now hangs in the balance as the clock ticks down to the closure of the transfer window a week today.

Miller has made it clear during talks with Smith and Bain he desperately wants to sign a new deal which will keep him in Glasgow but that the current terms on offer are not acceptable.

Miller is so content with life at the club it's believed he would be prepared to sign a two or three-year extension on the same wage packet he has been earning since he signed from Derby for

Celtic sign a new keeper on loan. The guy is a bit of a beast (6'7"). League One keeper of the year last year at Norwich.

goalkeeper fraser forster joins celtic on loan

Newsroom Staff

CELTIC are delighted to announce that Fraser Forster has joined the club on a season-long loan from Newcastle United.

The goalkeeper becomes the tenth new arrival at Celtic Park over the summer and will train with his new team-mates at Lennoxtown for the first time this morning.

The 22-year-old keeper has earned rave reviews in England during loans spells he had at Stockport County, Bristol Rovers and, last season, at Norwich City, where he worked under former Celtic Paul Lambert. He was voted the Players

Walter Smith and Martin Bain are facing another fierce battle with the bankers to keep Kenny Miller at Rangers.

Record Sport can reveal the Scotland striker - who bagged a hat-trick against Hibs on Sunday to take his tally to four goals in his first two SPL games - has been asked to take a pay cut on a new deal as part of the ongoing financial squeeze that has been ordered by the money men.

Miller, who has entered the final year of his Ibrox contract, has rejected the offer and his future now hangs in the balance as the clock ticks down to the closure of the transfer window a week today.

Miller has made it clear during talks with Smith and Bain he desperately wants to sign a new deal which will keep him in Glasgow but that the current terms on offer are not acceptable.

Miller is so content with life at the club it's believed he would be prepared to sign a two or three-year extension on the same wage packet he has been earning since he signed from Derby for

Archived