Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Good on Uefa for doing this, this sectarian shit is out of control and I'm glad they're taking measures to show it won't be tolerated by showing one of the worst clubs for it up on the world stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13218273.stm

Hope the SPL continue with this as a msg to any of the clubs in the SPL to stop doing this shit.

Good on UEFA for doing it? Ally McCoist said something about thinking the punishment would make no difference and he's right. The Rangers supporters should have been forced to miss every European night next season.

Are you Soapy in disguise?

Maybe he just doesn'nt want to see bigoted singing in European Football and feels this might make Rangers do something about the problem they have, instead of the light fines they have gotten in the past.

Celtic apparently interested in John Sutton although Lennon has played down the rumours. Would be an ok signing for the SPL, but not if we're to go anywhere in Europe in my opinion.

I'm sure he would have a passport.

Big games in the Third tomorrow, none bigger than Albion Rovers v Stranraer. Don't think it will be pretty though!

Good on UEFA for doing it? Ally McCoist said something about thinking the punishment would make no difference and he's right. The Rangers supporters should have been forced to miss every European night next season.

Are you Soapy in disguise?

I don't think I'll be wrong when I say this punishment will not act as a detrement. If they were banned from attending any European games, then maybe, just maybe, it'd have made a difference.

These punishments should be trying to eradicate the behaviour of the fans but this is going to do no such thing.

• Paid Members
Celtic apparently interested in John Sutton although Lennon has played down the rumours. Would be an ok signing for the SPL, but not if we're to go anywhere in Europe in my opinion.

Big games in the Third tomorrow, none bigger than Albion Rovers v Stranraer. Don't think it will be pretty though!

Annan vs Arbroath too, we'll get a play off place if we win, obviously Arbroath are keen to tie up the league title so it should be a good un.

Annan vs Arbroath too, we'll get a play off place if we win, obviously Arbroath are keen to tie up the league title so it should be a good un.

Arbroath tied it up last week mate. Whatever division Alloa are in next season would like Annan to be there- meant to be a decent away trip, and ticks another ground off the list.

• Paid Members

Shit, never realised that! Hopefully they'll be tired from the week of partying! We've got a nice clubhouse, friendly fans and plenty of standing areas for fans so it's a good day out, I'm only a stone's throw away from the ground.

:laugh: Nice one!

Seriously though, you think Sutton would be an "okay signing for the SPL"? The last time I heard that nonsense about a Motherwell player who was banging the goals in regularly was Scott McDonald and we all know that he went on to do slightly better than "okay", didn't he?

Big Sutton has been scoring for Motherwell for the past three seasons, managing 17, 14 & 12 goals respectively, which isn't bad at all for a club like us.

Saying that, if you don't think he's good enough we'd be happy to keep him!

:laugh: Nice one!

Seriously though, you think Sutton would be an "okay signing for the SPL"? The last time I heard that nonsense about a Motherwell player who was banging the goals in regularly was Scott McDonald and we all know that he went on to do slightly better than "okay", didn't he?

Big Sutton has been scoring for Motherwell for the past three seasons, managing 17, 14 & 12 goals respectively, which isn't bad at all for a club like us.

Saying that, if you don't think he's good enough we'd be happy to keep him!

Suttons a quality player, he was quite the DAB slayer in his Dundee days too.

Party day at Dens today, and if we win, our first undefeated at home season since the mid 70s. Come out of administration next week, start signing players for next season then, and hopefully keep Harkins, even if it is a huge task.

What about Pressley getting a12 month extension at Falkirk, nuts eh?

Archived