Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

I was there today and I thought the ref had a very good game though I suppose I may think differently if I saw a few of the replays. Not sure about the second penalty I suppose as I was at the other end of the ground but the game was over by that point anyway. Shame for Aberdeen as if their goal had been allowed to stand they'd have been right in it but as it was Celtic immediately went up and scored. But if the guy was offside when the ball was headed though then it was correct to chop it off whether he touched it in or not as he was clearly interfering with play.

Some of the Aberdeen fans are a bit nuts though. A guy behind me started shouting with his voice cracking with emotion at everyone else behind him for not singing enough and another fan walked down to the front of the stand at 3-0 and threw his scarf onto the running track before walking out. Very odd - I mean you're down to 10 men and playing the best footballing team in the country. It's not a great result but it's not exactly the sort of performance that would make you turn your back on the club.

Shame the game was effectively over as a contest with the red card but looking forward to the final.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Aberdeen fans throw their scarfs on the pitch before. A good few times actually. Are they big fans of the over dramatic up there?

I remember a Falkirk fan flung their scarf on the pitch and fucked off when we scored to make it 1-0 midway through the first half the other week. The most bizarre thing I've seen from an opposing fan. Puts the Aberdeen fan doing it there into perspective I'd say. :D

• Paid Members
Aberdeen are an embarrassment. Do they actually ever do anything in a season of note other than concede 500 goals to Celtic?

What else do you expect in a CUP SEMI FINAL where referees are scared to give 50/50s the other way and not Celtic's?

Did you think the penalty decisions were 50/50's...?

I wasn't speaking about the penalites. But I will say they were soft. Soft yes, but still penalties.

• Paid Members

Oh and onto the subject of that prick that threw the scarf. I hope that signifys that he is going to stop "Supporting" the team. We don't need people like him in the stands. Pathetic. We are down to 10 men, players working their socks off and it appeared he was pointing and shouting at Archie, directing blame at him?

He looked like a heroin junkie so he was probably out his face.

I was a few seats over from that section and saw it in the cold light of day. I'm glad he got booed out of the stadium.

Utter prick!

The rest of the support was great. Didn't stop singing from start til finish. Very good support considering we've lost 6 in a row now. Also, some weegie in the train queue was appauled that we had not sold out our section. Does he forget it's a 300 mile round trip to watch a team in very poor form play a team that humped them 4-1 in the last Semi? It's not as if we're only 15 minutes up or down the road!

I think that today, and plenty of other games in the past show that those Celtic fans who claim to be hard done by when it comes to refereeing decisions are simply deluded.

"You got the Scottish Cup Semi refereed fairly, shut up about all the other games timmy."

• Paid Members
I think that today, and plenty of other games in the past show that those Celtic fans who claim to be hard done by when it comes to refereeing decisions are simply deluded.

"You got the Scottish Cup Semi refereed fairly, shut up about all the other games timmy."

Let's reverse the scenario then. Lets just say today Scott Vernon is bearing down on goal infront of 20,000 Celtic fans and Charlie Mulgrew catches him in the exact same way. Penalty = Yes. Red Card - never in a million years and you know it.

Celtic have pressurised the referees to a point where there is no such thing as a 50/50 decision anymore. They got everything today.

Also Bubba/Gib - discounting this current abortion of a season - in the last 10 years Aberdeen have a better record at Parkhead than they do at Ibrox so take your "raise your game against Rangers" shite and poke it.

• Paid Members
how many goals have celtic put past aberdeen this season?

Aggregate score 21-1 I believe. Celtic needed 7 penalties (some that they missed) and 3 red cards to reach that. I really wish the SFA would order Referees to be biased against us instead.

Let's reverse the scenario then. Lets just say today Scott Vernon is bearing down on goal infront of 20,000 Celtic fans and Charlie Mulgrew catches him in the exact same way. Penalty = Yes. Red Card - never in a million years and you know it.

Celtic have pressurised the referees to a point where there is no such thing as a 50/50 decision anymore. They got everything today.

Also Bubba/Gib - discounting this current abortion of a season - in the last 10 years Aberdeen have a better record at Parkhead than they do at Ibrox so take your "raise your game against Rangers" shite and poke it.

So just because it was only 17 minutes into the game, is Willie Collum to ignore the actual rules? Considine stopped a goal scoring opportunity, the rules state it should be a red card. The argument of "does a player get sent off if its the other end" is irrelevant as you and I do not know what would have happened.

The poor put upon victims indeed :laugh:

I was there today and I thought the ref had a very good game though I suppose I may think differently if I saw a few of the replays. Not sure about the second penalty I suppose as I was at the other end of the ground but the game was over by that point anyway. Shame for Aberdeen as if their goal had been allowed to stand they'd have been right in it but as it was Celtic immediately went up and scored. But if the guy was offside when the ball was headed though then it was correct to chop it off whether he touched it in or not as he was clearly interfering with play.

Some of the Aberdeen fans are a bit nuts though. A guy behind me started shouting with his voice cracking with emotion at everyone else behind him for not singing enough and another fan walked down to the front of the stand at 3-0 and threw his scarf onto the running track before walking out. Very odd - I mean you're down to 10 men and playing the best footballing team in the country.

Ummm.

Are you referring to Celtic here?

EDIT : Also, I echo the fact that some are saying.. Celtic' whining about decisions has come down to the fact that, Referees are SCARED to do anything against Celtic now. Any 50/50's will generally go toward Celtic, and I see referees walking on eggshells while taking control of their games for fear of requests for "Clairty, Transparency and accountability", among other lovely little buzzwords. I suspect if the penalty/red card incident had happened up the other end of the pitch, a red card would not have been awarded, penalty, yes, but, red card, no way.

Go through some Celtic games, since the campaign for clarification kicked off, refs are scared to award anything against Celtic for fear of being labled "part of the establishment"

Go through some Celtic games, since the campaign for clarification kicked off, refs are scared to award anything against Celtic for fear of being labled "part of the establishment"

Go through the past 30 odd years and you'll see that both of the Old Firm have always seen more than their fair share of decisions compared to the "wee" teams.

Go through the past 30 odd years and you'll see that both of the Old Firm have always seen more than their fair share of decisions compared to the "wee" teams.

Which is why the clarification campaign is beyond me. Personally think that the OF get it alright when it comes to refereeing decisions. Dare i say it, because of the inevitable spotlight, and the "Tim/Hun in disguise" moniker that a ref might get.

Archived