Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

You going to the Shettleston game this afternoon FUM? Any idea if it's on?

I have my 8 month old so won't be going over for it but I've not heard anything about it being off mate.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throw the book at the pikey Highland cunts. They are a shit little club and Terry Butcher got it bang on when he said everyone wants them to get relegated. I think other teams have looked at when Motherwell beat us last month and see reducing their pitch into a mudbath as the best equaliser against our passing game. This is the second time in three weeks we have had a game postponed in Inverness; how do they expect to get away with this?

Chief Executive: Fans must come first

By: Paul Cuddihy on 02 Apr, 2011 11:22

THE late postponement of Celtic

• Paid Members

I've always wondered why Referees arrive so late? Why can't they travel the night before or early in the morning? Surely the SFA aren't so cheap that they can't get them 4 rooms for the night before a game, especially with an early kick off.

It is a poor state of affairs with these wee teams when all it takes is a bit of rain in spring time to get a game called off, it's so amateurish. The chiefs need to start making sure these clubs get their house in order to play in the top league, and come down hard on them if they fail to do so.

Mid winter call offs due to frost, dangerous conditions, and further to Police advice are one thing, but this is farcical. Must be the best part of a month since we've had a league game too.

Good news for the Celtic doc and physio though, they tend to have their work cut out after an ICT game.

It is a poor state of affairs with these wee teams when all it takes is a bit of rain in spring time to get a game called off, it's so amateurish.

It's not a wee team at all. Morton are a wee team and we get a waterlogged pitch once in a blue moon. The difference is knowing how to deal with the pitch. Morton have a good groundstaff which Inverness clearly must lack.

It is a poor state of affairs with these wee teams when all it takes is a bit of rain in spring time to get a game called off, it's so amateurish. The chiefs need to start making sure these clubs get their house in order to play in the top league, and come down hard on them if they fail to do so.

Come down hard in what way? What would you like to see done? A fine? That'll work wonders. They don't have enough money to keep their pitch safe from the elements as it is!

I think other teams have looked at when Motherwell beat us last month and see reducing their pitch into a mudbath as the best equaliser against our passing game.

:laugh: Did you even see the game against Motherwell? It had fuck all to do with the pitch, you lot were just pish!

Come down hard in what way? What would you like to see done? A fine? That'll work wonders. They don't have enough money to keep their pitch safe from the elements as it is!

I think other teams have looked at when Motherwell beat us last month and see reducing their pitch into a mudbath as the best equaliser against our passing game.

:laugh: Did you even see the game against Motherwell? It had fuck all to do with the pitch, you lot were just pish!

Point deductions always work wonders, Inverness have enough money to put a cover over their pitch. Yes we were just pish against Motherwell, I don't blame the pitch at all for that.

It is a poor state of affairs with these wee teams when all it takes is a bit of rain in spring time to get a game called off, it's so amateurish.

Of course some wee teams manage it fine. If I was talking about every wee team, I would have said that.

Actually, one of the worst culprits this season has been a not so wee team

• Paid Members
Would we be looking at "coming down hard" on those clubs who's managers consistently see themselves sent to the stands? What about those clubs who can't afford to pay their tax bills? Or those who's fans insist on chanting odious songs from the stands?

Once we start seeing point deductions and serious action taken for some of the above I'll fully support such actions against "wee teams" for their pitches not being in great shape.

That would be every football team fucked then eh?

• Paid Members
Would we be looking at "coming down hard" on those clubs who's managers consistently see themselves sent to the stands? What about those clubs who can't afford to pay their tax bills? Or those who's fans insist on chanting odious songs from the stands?

Once we start seeing point deductions and serious action taken for some of the above I'll fully support such actions against "wee teams" for their pitches not being in great shape.

That would be every football team fucked then eh?

Correct. David - your club, and mine for that matter would both be in big trouble if that was enforced. Granted we only do it when we play at Ibrox but the point still stands.

• Paid Members

Caley aren't happy about the postponement either....

Inverness say their postponed Scottish Premier League against Celtic could have gone ahead if the referee had delayed his assessment of the pitch.

The lunchtime match was called off at around 1000 BST due to overnight rain.

"By 0800 BST it was unplayable but with a good short-term weather forecast and a falling tide, we felt the game could go on," said an Inverness spokesman.

"The pitch was playable within 30 minutes to an hour and we feel the game could have been played."

The Highland club say they had difficulty getting in touch with the SPL to consult them about the possibility of delaying the match by an hour.

"We asked the referee to wait another half hour, which we are positive would have made all the difference in fast-improving conditions, but at 0945 BST he called the game off," added the spokesman.

"Before the referee's verdict, however, the club had tried to contact the SPL to have the kick-off delayed by an hour until 1300 BST, and Celtic indicated that this was suitable to them.

"Unfortunately, there was no reply from the SPL. It is a great pity that such a much-anticipated fixture could not be played.

"Had it been a normal 1500 BST kick-off, there would have been no pitch problem whatever."

Celtic said that, following a 1000 BST pitch inspection, the game has been called off with a new date for the fixture yet to be confirmed.

"The game being off was in no way Caley Thistle's fault but we appreciate that supporters will be frustrated," said an Inverness spokesman.

"The facts of the matter are that heavy overnight rain, combined with high tide, caused a major problem to our playing surface.

• Paid Members
Lennon recieved two bans and a fine. That is coming down hard. Rangers chairman admitted yesterday they could go bust with the tax bill, that is coming down hard. Every club would be fucked for the third one, in fact, I'd go as far as to say it would be pointless having matches if the third one was enforced.

I'm sure the official word from Rangers after that interview was pretty funny, they said that the chairman had not said they could go bust, when that was word for word what he said. Head in the sand much?

Archived